A man you can bait with a Tweet

By icebreaker do you mean the noise ice makes when my three fingers of bourbon gets poured over them? Cuz I'd need at least that much to fly across the world to do business and then have to sit through a future American Idol reality star wanna be being showcased by her mom and grandfather.

Seriously though - no need for it in politics. The fact that he needs a distraction for an icebreaker is painful to watch on video. Someone other than him, his wife or Javanka is being paid to video tape that nonsense.

And, if you're going to make a big show about trapsing down to MirALago so that dignitaries can be entertained in your "home" rather than the stuffy White House then decide if it's a private or a pubic thing. If it's public then take all the video you want, have the press corp actually involved and not shoved into windowless rooms and disclose a list of the visitors and attendees. If it's private then keep your list secret, hide your agenda from the press and the public, sneak around and golf and for gods sake don't show me your grandkids entertaining dignitaries.

I need to go to bed, obviously I'm crabby.

• Fire 1

I'm not ready to extrapolate that showing in Kansas to a general disfavor with the Republicans and a Democrat change in congress next year, but that at least should be a troubling sign for them that a staunchly conservative district in a staunchly conservative state.

I'll cling to the jetsam that is the Democratic party next cycle out of desperation, even if it is riddled with holes & half on fire. They just need to have a bevy of sane, rational candidates to choose from.

Anyone quickly extrapolating anything from the Kansas election needs to check their attitude towards it at the door. We are in a moment of strange attitudes.

There is a chance people were voting against the republican candidate because they are tired of what Republicans are doing and want a Democratic option. OR.....it's that they are tired of establishment Republicans and are wanting something more radical like Trump.

The latter don't turn to a Democrat running against Sam Brownback's man. The Democrats shied away from investing in this race because they felt it was obviously out of reach. The "news" here, as it were, was that it ended up being substantially closer than expected and maybe the Democrats shouldn't have saved up for Georgia.

The latter don't turn to a Democrat running against Sam Brownback's man. The Democrats shied away from investing in this race because they felt it was obviously out of reach. The "news" here, as it were, was that it ended up being substantially closer than expected and maybe the Democrats shouldn't have saved up for Georgia.

And those people also just voted in a President who was a Democrat up until about 5 years ago and has held some very deep liberal stances over the years. They then think he is some radical right winger that's going to take them to the promised land.

What I'm saying is.....you very well might be right. But, it's way too early to be declaring anything as fact.

I'm not ready to extrapolate that showing in Kansas to a general disfavor with the Republicans and a Democrat change in congress next year, but that at least should be a troubling sign for them that a staunchly conservative district in a staunchly conservative state.

I'll cling to the jetsam that is the Democratic party next cycle out of desperation, even if it is riddled with holes & half on fire. They just need to have a bevy of sane, rational candidates to choose from.

This may be hard to believe, but the bold is probably even an understatement. This is Koch territory and home to some of the most fanatical and brainwashed Republicans and Kansans I've ever encountered.

Well.....

Jobs are returning = jobs creation last month was below expectations and I don't remember any big announcements from companies who actually decided to bring jobs back that wasn't already in the works before the election.

Illegal Immigration is plummeting = This is true. There are far fewer arrests on the border now compared to before the election.

Law, Order, Justice is being restored = total...100%.... propaganda.

• Fire 2

Promise on the border: Trump promised to build a great, big wall from sea to sea.

Reality: This will not happen, according to several Trump sources.

Promise on energy: Trump promised to roll back regulations and reinvest in coal.

Reality: He's doing that, but the world is leaving coal behind. If he were allowed to continue this policy for eight years, America would be far behind other developed nations. But he's keeping this promise.

Promise on regulations: Trump promised to roll back tons of Obama-era regulations.

Reality: He's on pace to get them all done, but at what cost? Americans' right to privacy on the internet is gone. Our environment is once again at the mercy of big-money corporations which are bigger now than they were in the 1970s when the EPA was created. Oil companies are no longer going to be held accountable for transparency.

So... sure. He's kept some promises, blatantly broken others. But the ones he's kept weren't worth keeping, and will hurt America/Americans in the long run.

• Fire 3