A man you can bait with a Tweet

Illegal Immigration is plummeting = This is true. There are far fewer arrests on the border now compared to before the election.

Is the second assertion being used here to support the first?

It is widely reported by a wide range of sources that there are far fewer people coming across the border illegally. Are you asserting that isn't the case?

PS....and I'm not saying this to support his actions or words on this subject.

What are the numbers before and after the election? I'm not finding much at first glance. And I'm reluctant to rely on many "facts" coming from Trump, Spicer, et al.

Mexican border apprehensions have been "plummeting" for a while now and numbered less than non-Mexicans last year.

FT_17.02.28_BorderApprehensions_final.pn

What are the numbers before and after the election? I'm not finding much at first glance. And I'm reluctant to rely on many "facts" coming from Trump, Spicer, et al.

Mexican border apprehensions have been "plummeting" for a while now and numbered less than non-Mexicans last year.

FT_17.02.28_BorderApprehensions_final.pn

Well.... like normal, he can't really take full credit the way he wants to.

LINK

Our ruling

Trump said, "Since the day of my election, we've already cut illegal immigration at the Southern border by 61 percent."

While U.S. Customs and Border Protection does not provide border apprehension statistics for specific dates, monthly data show a 60 percent decline from the month of the presidential election, November 2016, to February 2017.

Experts said other factors should be considered in the decline and that it’s too early to tell whether low apprehensions will become the new norm or if they will increase in coming months, as they typically do.

We rate Trump’s statement Mostly True.