Tangent Thread - Fall Camp Edition

It is amazing but not surprising at all that so many on this site who prior to today would just rave about how wonderful and great and amazing this coach was and I recall someone even suggested it would be quite right to give him a big salary raise (although already making a quarter millions or something?)!

This guy has not even been formally arraigned nor had any criminal charges read to him, let alone had the opportunity to meet with an attorney and discuss his legal rights, options, etc. You are already discussing who should take his place after he is fired, tarred, feathered, jailed and presumably some of you would give him the death sentence! What the heck is wrong with you people?

Many of you are probably the very same 'law and order' types that will gleefully vote for Hillary Clinton to be the President of the United States! LOL

You'll vigorously defend the morally indefensible actions of 'protesters' who burn down businesses and destroy the property of the public and private citizenry of this country without even so much as a disturbing the peace citation. Then passionately proclaim how the racist cops so badly abuse each and every non-white arrested for who knows what kind of serious crimes. But this Black football coach you viciously turn of and want to burn at the stake.? What kind of mentality is this?

I have not researched the law and no longer live in Nebraska but I recall there may be a state statue that protects state workers (he is a state employee I believe?) from summary employment termination for matters arising out of substance abuse or alcoholism? I am not sure he can so quickly be fired for something like this in Nebraska, even assuming this were the desire of the AD and or others involved. Not sure a college professor or other University staff person would be summarily fired without due process.

Many of you likely defend the morally indefensible radical Islamic terrorists who rape, butcher, shoot, behead, run over, set afire, and just for the fun of it I guess torture men, women and children around the world and suggest, as our President and many of his supporters and defenders do as well, that their actions are those of the 'lone wolf' and the insane or the disgruntled worker or some such BS. But, a football coach who, until today, was admired and respected and problaimed as 'the best'? At least give the guy his civil rights that, once upon a time in America, were guaranteed and assured by the Constitution, formerly known by many as the greatest legal and governing document ever devised and set to paper. Before you all railroad this Black man into prison, let's atleast find out 'the rest of the story' first.

Quietly GTFO. Please.

No! You are the one who needs to get your f-ing mind straight! What is wrong with you?

It is amazing but not surprising at all that so many on this site who prior to today would just rave about how wonderful and great and amazing this coach was and I recall someone even suggested it would be quite right to give him a big salary raise (although already making a quarter millions or something?)!

This guy has not even been formally arraigned nor had any criminal charges read to him, let alone had the opportunity to meet with an attorney and discuss his legal rights, options, etc. You are already discussing who should take his place after he is fired, tarred, feathered, jailed and presumably some of you would give him the death sentence! What the heck is wrong with you people?

Many of you are probably the very same 'law and order' types that will gleefully vote for Hillary Clinton to be the President of the United States! LOL

You'll vigorously defend the morally indefensible actions of 'protesters' who burn down businesses and destroy the property of the public and private citizenry of this country without even so much as a disturbing the peace citation. Then passionately proclaim how the racist cops so badly abuse each and every non-white arrested for who knows what kind of serious crimes. But this Black football coach you viciously turn of and want to burn at the stake.? What kind of mentality is this?

I have not researched the law and no longer live in Nebraska but I recall there may be a state statue that protects state workers (he is a state employee I believe?) from summary employment termination for matters arising out of substance abuse or alcoholism? I am not sure he can so quickly be fired for something like this in Nebraska, even assuming this were the desire of the AD and or others involved. Not sure a college professor or other University staff person would be summarily fired without due process.

Many of you likely defend the morally indefensible radical Islamic terrorists who rape, butcher, shoot, behead, run over, set afire, and just for the fun of it I guess torture men, women and children around the world and suggest, as our President and many of his supporters and defenders do as well, that their actions are those of the 'lone wolf' and the insane or the disgruntled worker or some such BS. But, a football coach who, until today, was admired and respected and problaimed as 'the best'? At least give the guy his civil rights that, once upon a time in America, were guaranteed and assured by the Constitution, formerly known by many as the greatest legal and governing document ever devised and set to paper. Before you all railroad this Black man into prison, let's atleast find out 'the rest of the story' first.

Oh good lord. Take a lap.

• Fire 1

Statistics show that 250,000 human beings die every ten years from alcohol realated accidents.

That's 1 million 250,000 in the last 50 years ... 500 people are killed each week... 71 people each day... one life lost every 20 minutes... mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, loved ones and friends. And that's not accounting for the millions of people who have been injured and maimed for life.

Rational human beings know that has to stop. With the implementation of tougher drunk driving laws... the numbers have been cut in half. Unfortunately older Americans with previous drunk driving arrests seem to be incapable of stopping. Repeat offenders are a major problem.

The public and innocent victims have to be protected. This is a very serious problem... not anything to play word games or racism games with.

Like too many these days you seem to have little to no compassion for your fellow human beings.

This guy didn't do this once or twice but three times. That has to stop.

• Fire 1

i hate that so many people voted to get rid of the death penalty in the state.

giphy.gif

3 pages until Radical Islam was brought up in a thread about a DUI....impressive

• Fire 3

I don't
Sad
I can only imagine how many people have lost their lives due to wrongful conviction and eventual death penalty sentence. No judicial system will ever be infallible to the point where death is a viable penalty.

I don't
Sad
I can only imagine how many people have lost their lives due to wrongful conviction and eventual death penalty sentence. No judicial system will ever be infallible to the point where death is a viable penalty.

This is not the place on this board for political discussion the last time I looked. Please

I also have to wonder if there may some sort of element of racism deeply imbedded in all of this 'string him up' mentality as many of your were ones defending Frank Solich who did the very same thing.

Come on man, really? The majority of the posts I've seen all contained some kind of referee to KW getting the help he needs. Your looking to agitate people.

• Fire 3