Crazy crap Mark Banker says

And this little gem from Banker after Fresno St....

"There is no doubt in my mind that he is a good football player, a good athlete, and more importantly, he wants to be a good football player," Banker said. "We'll continue to see more of him along the way. We're not going to hand anything to him. He's going to compete just like everybody else.

"But I think what's important for every freshman in the secondary, you can learn by fire, but at the same time, you want to make sure that they always have confidence. Even veteran corners, if they lose their stinger, it's not a good thing."

I didn't know our DC was doing Yogiisms?? Of course we don't want our bees losing their stingers. Building them up for the big sting takes time if you don't want them to get burned and lose their confidence.......especially with this radical fanbase that will jump all over you and trash you on 15 kinds of anti-social media if you make a mistake.

Hey dude, you should be talking like that when you make a mistake when we’re ahead in the game.
“You don’t do it when we’re down. That’s easy to get like that. … If Blackshirts represent brotherhood, then be uplifting.

Absolutely.......there's a time to lift players up and a time to keep them from getting a big head.

• Fire 1

Yesterday he was asked: "How did you think you guys did on limiting big plays?" "sh**ty," he answered.

hahaha

He's not wrong.

There was a lot to be PO'd about as a DC by our defense yesterday. They played a pretty good game, and hung tough to shut em down when we had to. I thought his play call on that 4th and long was against his nature and showed a good deal of learning on his part. Worked perfectly.

But the big plays came because sh*tty tackling and losing contain. And that's always going to make a DC's blood boil.

• Fire 1

Yesterday he was asked: "How did you think you guys did on limiting big plays?" "sh**ty," he answered.

hahaha

He's not wrong.

There was a lot to be PO'd about as a DC by our defense yesterday. They played a pretty good game, and hung tough to shut em down when we had to. I thought his play call on that 4th and long was against his nature and showed a good deal of learning on his part. Worked perfectly.

But the big plays came because sh*tty tackling and losing contain. And that's always going to make a DC's blood boil.

Oh, I agree with him. I just think it is funny how he answered. This is how you use swearing to your advantage, not swearing at someone but about a bad situation to both make it light hearted but tell the truth at the same time.

• Fire 1

Unsure how he will work out as a DC at Nebraska, but he is always great for a sound bite. This most recent one from todays practice.

The defense has the upper hand right now, according to junior cornerback Joshua Kalu.

"I think the defense kicked ass today," he said.

I think whoever that defensive player is should shut up and not say anything, and say it in private if he wants to, but don't believe it," the coach said. "It's like one of those things ... You put it in your mouth -- if you taste it, it's one thing. If you swallow it, you'll probably die from it."

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/rose-ivey-s-knee-injury-a-little-tweak-banker-says/article_5b0f71b6-601b-11e6-9e7b-c7b86a2c8d5b.html

This makes perfect sense to me. Our best McBride defenses had players who stayed focused and didn't get too high or low on themselves. That he can say that in Yogi style is a bonus. I think if we just tweak the pressure on the pass-rush but don't let it boil over, we'll be making some damn good soup just in time for football weather.