WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

I know this man, he coached my sons at Tulane. He is a good good man. He is also probably one of the best WR coaches in the country. I would sign any son of mine to be coached by him tomorrow. I am so sorry for him and this latest dip into being human and weak. Maybe, the pressure your RED puts on these guys is part of the problem. No, we can't go there...you guys expect the best but persecute the worst. I know DUB...I know he is a good man, and I know he is terribly sorry for drinking more than he should have....just like 80% of you guys but he got stopped...if you did, who would notice.

Maybe your son can double as his DD. There is no football excuse that can be sufficient. If you support firing Bo for having anger and character issues then you must support sending this repeat offender packing.
Someone being a constant a-hole and someone having a drinking problem are worlds apart.

Exactly. Being an ahole has never killed anyone.

a$$hole$ kill people every f'ing day.

• Fire 1

the university recognizes that if he goes, kiss goodbye a great deal of recruiting momentum and at least two maybe more 4-5 star players. As always money is the driving force, so the University will keep him. Now if he was a math professor, or in the music department for example, see ya.

eta: they will keep him if at all possible, in light of legal issues which due to his stature with the team, will magically take care of themselves

Omg if he keeps his job because of recruiting the University may as well book their ticket to join the $EC

Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

• Fire 4

Firing a guy who has a drinking problem just makes an unemployed guy with a drinking problem. That doesn't help anyone. In fact, it is counterproductive.

Hopefully, Eichorst calls him in and tells him that he has taken his last drink and tell us what do you need from the University to get this fixed and behind you.

However, make it clear that his last drink has to be THE LAST DRINK.

• Fire 1

Firing a guy who has a drinking problem just makes an unemployed guy with a drinking problem. That doesn't help anyone. In fact, it is counterproductive.

Hopefully, Eichorst calls him in and tells him that he has taken his last drink and tell us what do you need from the University to get this fixed and behind you.

Agree with this. Also subject him to random testing.

I know this man, he coached my sons at Tulane. He is a good good man. He is also probably one of the best WR coaches in the country. I would sign any son of mine to be coached by him tomorrow. I am so sorry for him and this latest dip into being human and weak. Maybe, the pressure your RED puts on these guys is part of the problem. No, we can't go there...you guys expect the best but persecute the worst. I know DUB...I know he is a good man, and I know he is terribly sorry for drinking more than he should have....just like 80% of you guys but he got stopped...if you did, who would notice.

Maybe your son can double as his DD. There is no football excuse that can be sufficient. If you support firing Bo for having anger and character issues then you must support sending this repeat offender packing.
Someone being a constant a-hole and someone having a drinking problem are worlds apart.

how?

The first super normal post!

While I generally feel people fly too far off the handle about DUI, if the information about # of offenses and amount of BAC on this offense are true, then I don't see why the university would take on the potential liability.

If it's because of his value as a coach, I have to question (a) whether he can be effective as a leader of players if he shows such poor judgment, (b) has any credibility on the recruiting trail, especially in the face of negative recruiting, and © whether being a full time coach in the pressure cooker that is Nebraska football is the most conducive situation for recovery and bad behavior avoidance.

If the info is accurate, I don't see how he can be kept on, for his good or the good of the program.

• Fire 2

how?

Are you serious?

While I generally feel people fly too far off the handle about DUI, if the information about # of offenses and amount of BAC on this offense are true, then I don't see why the university would take on the potential liability.

If it's because of his value as a coach, I have to question (a) whether he can be effective as a leader of players if he shows such poor judgment, (b) has any credibility on the recruiting trail, especially in the face of negative recruiting, and © whether being a full time coach in the pressure cooker that is Nebraska football is the most conducive situation for recovery and bad behavior avoidance.

If the info is accurate, I don't see how he can be kept on, for his good or the good of the program.

I wonder how many university professors have DUI's and fly under the radar because they aren't a football coach.

how?

Are you serious?

I think he is.

Because, what you appear to be doing is equating a mean face on a sideline to driving drunk.

I wonder how many university professors have DUI's and fly under the radar because they aren't a football coach.

No idea. Probably some.

Wonder how many of them make almost half a million in salary a year.

So, I fail to see the relevance.

Apparently you don't know anybody that's been killed by a drunk driver...Good for you but that would place you in the minority or mean that you are very young. I don't care how good of a coach he is perceived to be. This program does not need him and his drinking problem.

People shouldn't be treated as disposable commodities in that we keep them around only if they are profitable and beneficial to us and throw them away the first time they need more than they can provide at the moment. That may be the most convenient way to handle the problem and is certainly the easiest, but it really doesn't fix anything.

And yes, I am intimately familiar with the problems, sorrows, and dangers that come with alcoholism and drunk driving.

• Fire 1