WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

I would bet the #of people in this thread who have driven above .08 3 times is over 90%

You could be right, but I sure hope you aren't. Personally I don't think I've ever even been above .08 3 times in my entire life, but I am always terrified of the idea of driving a vehicle if I've been drinking much at all and avoid it at all costs.

If you are right, I hope something can be a wake-up call for people. If it isn't Erin Sorenson having to deal with physical/emotional scars for the rest of her life while barely surviving, if it isn't the potential dismantling of our recruiting class and loss of one of our best position coaches, if it isn't losing a loved one, what will wake people up to take this seriously?

My mom would drive drunk all the time as a kid. Every weekend I'd wait on the apartment complex stairs balling my eyes out, convinced that this was the time that she got into trouble or got hurt. I'm so glad she never did, but that fear of always worrying about her is what did it for me. I hope people can figure out not to mess with this stuff without having something drastic occur.

I'm well over 21, but haven't ever drank because someone in my family has negatively impacted me as they have also gotten third DUI this year. So yeah, Bugeater's wrong.

Good for you! I hope that you also don't text and drive! Thank you for being safe!

• Fire 1

So let's assume KW is gone...who can step in immediately to first help our team out this season, and second to keep the WR momentum going?

I think the GA that had been working with WR's is Hardie Buck: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210175343

At least Buck has been there for two years and benefitted I'm sure from Dub's mentoring and teaching. Also is good that we've got some Seniors WRs that can take leadership roles.

Horrible situation. I can't stop thinking of the adversity this team has had to face. From Bo to the transition from Bo, to Sam to this on top of last years season. If adversity makes you stronger this will be a phenomenal group of young men by the time they graduate.

And to think Ron Brown was told by Mike Riley there was no room for him on this staff. Of course no one saw this coming but again Williams had 2 prior DUI's on his record. There are many lines of work that this would have disqualified him immediately regardless of when they occurred.

Because Ron Brown is all high and mighty? I am sure MR had his reasons for not retaining him.

The itching desire to publicly crucify someone without more details coming out is what bothers me.

Pretty ironic if you ask me. Look at how many people jumped on butch jones when the rumors started flying out of there this spring. There wasn't a, wait til the facts come out poster, everyone hoped on that bandwagon, as they did for Baylor. In case you're looking for details, LOOK AT THE FREAKING MUGSHOT. The guy is drunk off his ass. And for those that say, a majority of this board has probably driven drunk, way to deflect blame because 1000 wrongs makes a right. Some people need to reevaluate their priorities in life if you're justifying a person's actions for blowing a .15 and getting a 3rd DUI. Again, take off the rose-colored glasses and realize the severity of the issue.

Being that it has been 8-10 years since the last offense, a season long suspension would be appropriate.

Wow, 8-10 years. Is that right? If that's the case then maybe we should put away the torches and pitchforks. Or at least hold off till we know all the facts. :dunno:

• Fire 3

And to think Ron Brown was told by Mike Riley there was no room for him on this staff. Of course no one saw this coming but again Williams had 2 prior DUI's on his record. There are many lines of work that this would have disqualified him immediately regardless of when they occurred.

Because Ron Brown is all high and mighty? I am sure MR had his reasons for not retaining him.

Well at least Ron doesn't have 2 blatant dui's on his record. The comment was more an observation than anything. Who's to say Ron wouldn't have done something wrong too so no he's not above anyone else but Ron Brown is a great man imo. Again it is just a thought or 'what if' thought for me.

The itching desire to publicly crucify someone without more details coming out is what bothers me.

Pretty ironic if you ask me. Look at how many people jumped on butch jones when the rumors started flying out of there this spring. There wasn't a, wait til the facts come out poster, everyone hoped on that bandwagon, as they did for Baylor. In case you're looking for details, LOOK AT THE FREAKING MUGSHOT. The guy is drunk off his ass. And for those that say, a majority of this board has probably driven drunk, way to deflect blame because 1000 wrongs makes a right. Some people need to reevaluate their priorities in life if you're justifying a person's actions for blowing a .15 and getting a 3rd DUI. Again, take off the rose-colored glasses and realize the severity of the issue.

Please point out anyone who has posted anything indicating there is any justification for KW's actions.

• Fire 2

Being that it has been 8-10 years since the last offense, a season long suspension would be appropriate.

Wow, 8-10 years. Is that right? If that's the case then maybe we should put away the torches and pitchforks. Or at least hold off till we know all the facts. :dunno:

Someone above said he had citations in 04, 06, and 08. The nature of those citations aren't known but we know 2 are DUI so the latest one is no earlier than 8 years.

Seems to reason that he may have fallen off a wagon and needs to get right.

I know this man, he coached my sons at Tulane. He is a good good man. He is also probably one of the best WR coaches in the country. I would sign any son of mine to be coached by him tomorrow. I am so sorry for him and this latest dip into being human and weak. Maybe, the pressure your RED puts on these guys is part of the problem. No, we can't go there...you guys expect the best but persecute the worst. I know DUB...I know he is a good man, and I know he is terribly sorry for drinking more than he should have....just like 80% of you guys but he got stopped...if you did, who would notice.

• Fire 7

and in Nebraska you can plea down to a first offense. We need to hire more Kevin Williams's and learn how to make excuses for their character flaws. GBR!!!!

• Fire 1

Yeah, you can see why he would have gotten hired.

Something like this coming up makes me think less "I hope KW beats down his personal demons" than "What happened here? I hope he's OK."

I mean, he certainly seemed to have had his head on right his entire tenure here up to this point. So, hopefully, this isn't tied to some recent major event we don't know about.

I know this man, he coached my sons at Tulane. He is a good good man. He is also probably one of the best WR coaches in the country. I would sign any son of mine to be coached by him tomorrow. I am so sorry for him and this latest dip into being human and weak. Maybe, the pressure your RED puts on these guys is part of the problem. No, we can't go there...you guys expect the best but persecute the worst. I know DUB...I know he is a good man, and I know he is terribly sorry for drinking more than he should have....just like 80% of you guys but he got stopped...if you did, who would notice.

Maybe your son can double as his DD. There is no football excuse that can be sufficient. If you support firing Bo for having anger and character issues then you must support sending this repeat offender packing.

• Fire 5

Someone above said he had citations in 04, 06, and 08. The nature of those citations aren't known but we know 2 are DUI so the latest one is no earlier than 8 years.

Seems to reason that he may have fallen off a wagon and needs to get right.

Well according to the research I did all of those arrests would need to be dui's to qualify for what he is being charged with....http://www.transportation.nebraska.gov/nohs/pdf/al3dwi.pdf

Also the "washout" period for Nebraska is 15 years so all past offenses would be relevant. I chose to respond to your response because I agree it looks as though he fell off the wagon, maybe had past issues with substance abuse