WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

[H]e is suspended from work without pay until August 31st. In addition to his suspension from work, Keith will be prohibited from attending and coaching in the first four games of the season.

It is not a coincidence Riley worded it this way. I think it is safe to assume Williams will be recruiting or doing other coaching duties, just not actually being present at the games. That is why I think the 4 (actual) game suspension is odd and seems more like Nebraska trying to save face.

I can see why some people would still want him to have been fired, but I'm fine with this.

Nobody (who matters) is going to think any less of Nebraska because Keith Williams had a fender bender at 2 in the morning.

We've been through far worse.

I'm glad he's getting the counseling he needs and is going to be giving back to the community. It's just good that nobody got hurt.

He brings up a good point.

Not really. I'm not finding anywhere that says Williams will be able to recruit while on suspension.

Also, considering the source of that tweet and where he works, I'm more than comfortable completely dismissing what he has to say.

More so talking about that second tweet, the guy came back and said it's not just specific to Nebraska but for any school. People in position of power can usually manage to save their job, if deemed important enough.

That guy is an Iowa hack.

Not really. I'm not finding anywhere that says Williams will be able to recruit while on suspension.

Also, considering the source of that tweet and where he works, I'm more than comfortable completely dismissing what he has to say.

More so talking about that second tweet, the guy came back and said it's not just specific to Nebraska but for any school. People in position of power can usually manage to save their job, if deemed important enough.

Sounds like he is still bitter one of Iowa's assistant coaches left the staff to run a Culvers

Nobody (who matters) is going to think any less of Nebraska because Keith Williams had a fender bender at 2 in the morning.

We've been through far worse.

Except he was legally over the limit and set a horrendous example for the young men he's supposed to be coaching to "do the right things."

I know you're not excusing his behavior, but we should avoid framing the situation like it was just a little whoops of a crash at 2 a.m. He could've killed someone and then it would have been far worse.

In my opinion, even though I know it would've been a huge blow to the program, he probably should've lost his job. However, if this is the route the university has chosen, then I support them.

Except he was legally over the limit and set a horrendous example for the young men he's supposed to be coaching to "do the right things."

I think that what is needed here is an example of someone manning up, admitting his wrongdoing with no excuses whatsoever, taking his punishment without complaint, and then making the most of this chance and the rest of his life. What is really missing these days is someone admitting they did wrong without trying to weasel out of it. It's never anybody's fault for anything, and that is what younger people overwhelmingly see from so many people saying "yeah, but..."

If Williams isn't ready to change, he'll blow this chance as well. So he isn't really "getting away" with anything, he would just be postponing the inevitable. If Williams rights himself and "gets his mind right", then everybody wins.

• Fire 1

Sounds like he is still bitter one of Iowa's assistant coaches left the staff to run a Culvers

Butter ball burgers are really tempting, better than McDonalds...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Keith will be prohibited from attending and coaching in the first four games of the season.

I'm just spitballing here, but this also might be cover for Williams going somewhere for treatment. I really don't know though.

He still gets to coach and recruit during the week starting Sept. 1

I think that what is needed here is an example of someone manning up, admitting his wrongdoing with no excuses whatsoever, taking his punishment without complaint, and then making the most of this chance and the rest of his life. What is really missing these days is someone admitting they did wrong without trying to weasel out of it. It's never anybody's fault for anything, and that is what younger people overwhelmingly see from so many people saying "yeah, but..."

If Williams isn't ready to change, he'll blow this chance as well. So he isn't really "getting away" with anything, he would just be postponing the inevitable. If Williams rights himself and "gets his mind right", then everybody wins.

Agree 100%. He did this and only he can work himself out of this jam. I wish he were suspended far longer without pay- like six games. Heck, let him coach with no pay until October. Only then would we see KW's true remorse.

If I'm a baker and I get arrested for my 3rd DUI, how long do I have to stop baking for the punishment to be just?

Williams is a coach. Part of his job is recruiting. Why should he stop doing his job if he's not fired?

From Williams standpoint? No reason he shouldn't do anything he is allowed to do.

From the standpoint of the people handing out the punishment? May be a really handy way to make it look to the public like there is more of a punishment than there actually is.

Agree 100%. He did this and only he can work himself out of this jam. I wish he were suspended far longer without pay- like six games. Heck, let him coach with no pay until October. Only then would we see KW's true remorse.
No joke, there may be a law against something like that - having an employee work for no pay as a punishment.

Though I'm sure he could volunteer to put his paychecks toward a charity.

That said, I'm not sure he should miss house payments or put his family out for this type of offense, as lacking in judgment as it was.

Complex issue, imo.

No joke, there may be a law against something like that - having an employee work for no pay as a punishment.

That said, I'm not sure he should miss house payments or put his family out for this type of offense, as lacking in judgment as it was.

Complex issue, imo.

Slavery????? Lets go all racial, that would be a nice turn for this thread. :cowbell:

Complex issue, imo.

Slavery????? Lets go all racial, that would be a nice turn for this thread. :cowbell:

Stop it.