WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

the university recognizes that if he goes, kiss goodbye a great deal of recruiting momentum and at least two maybe more 4-5 star players. As always money is the driving force, so the University will keep him. Now if he was a math professor, or in the music department for example, see ya.

eta: they will keep him if at all possible, in light of legal issues which due to his stature with the team, will magically take care of themselves

Omg if he keeps his job because of recruiting the University may as well book their ticket to join the $EC

• Fire 1

i hate that so many people voted to get rid of the death penalty in the state.

?
3???? How is that not death penality?
because there was no vehicular homicide in this case? That and the fact that 1st degree murder is the only murder where you can be sentenced to death???

Ohhhhh.. See you're saying it's not the end of the world… Exactly my point people need to settle the f#*k down

Teach, you've got a lot of growing up to do. These constant juvenile posts are getting old. If you can't see why the University and football program do not need a coach with this problem, I'm not sure it could ever be explained to you. He is a role model for these players. As far as recruiting, parents do not want a person like this influencing their kids. 1 offense could be a mistake, 2 or 3 with a 40 year old man is a definite sign of problems. Apparently you don't know anybody that's been killed by a drunk driver...Good for you but that would place you in the minority or mean that you are very young. I don't care how good of a coach he is perceived to be. This program does not need him and his drinking problem.

How often do you drink and drive? Never been caught yet, huh? Please stop before you hurt someone. It's not a matter of if but when.

• Fire 3

This convo is becoming earily similar to a politial debate. What he did was obviously wrong and spoken as someone who has done the very same thing, and also know COUNTLESS others who have many times thank god no one ever was hurt or killed(myelf, friends, and KW) . This is a football discussion, state why you think fired er not, or talk about how it' relative to the program....like gambling, or fantasy football, head not heart.

If i drink to a .15. Drive and get caughT, my first offense and i never drink and drive. Hell i havent hardly drank since high school. Lol. But i get caught youre all callin me a scumbag and such. No one gives a damn about helpin me or what potential problem i mught have. But with Mr Williams, its cuz hes a coach and posssibly bringing in the next 5 star savior that we should hive him anotherchance and another. And change the rules and bend over backwards. Its hypocritical bullsh#t. Its sickening.

Hope you aren't driving after this incoherent post :lol:

• Fire 4

From that mugshot that's a damn generous .15 and lincolns finest have history of cutting corners. Suh side swiped practically every car in a neighborhood because he was "avoiding a small animal." I've messed around with breathalyzers, real ones, and .08 is literally 2-3 beers (6'0 210) and by the time I get to .15 I feel like I'm getting to the point where I would have to wonder if I was over .08 or not. He looks tanked in that mugshot and .15 doesn't look like that.

Everybody handles their liquor different and looks different when they're drunk. If you could gauge drunk by a picture we wouldn't need breathalyzers. Silly comment.

How would people calling for suspension feel if we found out that someone in his vehicle or the vehicle that he hit was injured as a result? Do we have to see blood in order to take the necessary action?

Generally, yes. Actual consequences do and should matter.

If they didn't, many of us should be in jail due to distracted driving offenses, like texting, or fatigued driving.

• Fire 1

A few things here. Public records say he has 3 prior offenses but it doesn't state what each was. We're the 2004, 2006, and 2008 incidents all dui's? What if some of those were other types of incidents and this isn't 3 or 4 for him.

The fact that he was jailed and held without bond until today is an indication he will be tried as a fellon. If he is tried as a fellon ans found guilty the school can not legally keep him on staff. He will serve jail time and Mike Riley won't legally be given the option to keep him.

We can sit here and say why did Mike hire him knowing he had 3 prior offenses. But to be fair, we don't know what those offenses were and we don't know what kind of help he already got. The last was in 2008... 8 years ago. That's a pretty good gap in time since he had an offense. Riley could have seen it was a long time ago, he got help, and he had no problems for close to a decade.

The other thing to consider is if he has documented offenses in 2004, 2006, and. 2008 he already had 3. Why hadn't he served time already?? Why didn't his employer at the time fire him? Why did Fresno, Tulane, and Nebraska hire him? It just seems like there's more to the story.

We also don't know when the 2006 offense happened. If the timeline is truly 10yrs, we are more than halfway through 2016. He could be past the 10yr mark by a few months. We will have to see what the judge says today at his court appearance at 2. That will tell us more. If it comes out that it's a felony charge and a third offense, he's done here. If it's a misdemeanor and not a third dui, or the timeframe works out, maybe the coaches let him stay with conditions attached. This was just a selfish move by coach W. It puts his guys, his coworkers, and the whole team in a bad spot with the timing, the season is so close and the team is already going through enough with the loss of Sam. Not only does it hurt recruiting momentum, but it hurts our kids. People like Stanley and Alonzo have had fathers and lots of men fail them in their lives. We have kids who need positive male role models and just when they have a father figure to look up to, he fails them. If he ends up in jail that's awful for those kids who have seen the system take so many black men away and lock them up. It shows them again they can't trust people or believe in them. It's just really really sad and unfortunate. Pray for Keith Williams and his family. Pray for those WR's and pray for Mike and Shawn to have wisdom as they weigh their options and make a tough decision.

• Fire 2

A few things here. Public records say he has 3 prior offenses but it doesn't state what each was. We're the 2004, 2006, and 2008 incidents all dui's? What if some of those were other types of incidents and this isn't 3 or 4 for him.

The fact that he was jailed and held without bond until today is an indication he will be tried as a fellon. If he is tried as a fellon ans found guilty the school can not legally keep him on staff. He will serve jail time and Mike Riley won't legally be given the option to keep him.

We can sit here and say why did Mike hire him knowing he had 3 prior offenses. But to be fair, we don't know what those offenses were and we don't know what kind of help he already got. The last was in 2008... 8 years ago. That's a pretty good gap in time since he had an offense. Riley could have seen it was a long time ago, he got help, and he had no problems for close to a decade.

The other thing to consider is if he has documented offenses in 2004, 2006, and. 2008 he already had 3. Why hadn't he served time already?? Why didn't his employer at the time fire him? Why did Fresno, Tulane, and Nebraska hire him? It just seems like there's more to the story.

We also don't know when the 2006 offense happened. If the timeline is truly 10yrs, we are more than halfway through 2016. He could be past the 10yr mark by a few months. We will have to see what the judge says today at his court appearance at 2. That will tell us more. If it comes out that it's a felony charge and a third offense, he's done here. If it's a misdemeanor and not a third dui, or the timeframe works out, maybe the coaches let him stay with conditions attached. This was just a selfish move by coach W. It puts his guys, his coworkers, and the whole team in a bad spot with the timing, the season is so close and the team is already going through enough with the loss of Sam. Not only does it hurt recruiting momentum, but it hurts our kids. People like Stanley and Alonzo have had fathers and lots of men fail them in their lives. We have kids who need positive male role models and just when they have a father figure to look up to, he fails them. If he ends up in jail that's awful for those kids who have seen the system take so many black men away and lock them up. It shows them again they can't trust people or believe in them. It's just really really sad and unfortunate. Pray for Keith Williams and his family. Pray for those WR's and pray for Mike and Shawn to have wisdom as they weigh their options and make a tough decision.

Attorney on KFAB said 12 years and you can't assume a felony.