Official "People you see at this week's Husker game" Thread

When I'm a spectator:

1) Husker jersey and jorts guy - I don't wear jorts, but I'll wear a jersey. I have 12 to choose from (14 if you count the ones I've already bought for my upcoming baby)

4) Husker Know-it-all guy - I keep it between my companion and me, but I'm constantly quoting stats or factoids throughout the game. There's also the Wannabe Know-it-all guy . He regularly tells people around him incorrect information (Patrick O'Brien was a 5-star, Kenny Bell was our only 1,000 yard receiver, etc.) or spurts ridiculous opinions (Taylor Martinez was our best quarterback, Frankie London should have started over Frost, etc.). I always make sure to let my companion know when he spews hogwash, lest they quote it later and look like a fool.

13) Husker Hipster - My attire for the spring game says it all:

image_zpsgdmk7nhl.jpeg

17) Guy who is way too emotional about the loss of Sam Foltz - I didn't know Sam on a personal level, but I've done random interviews with him since his high school days. I always root for the guys I covered back in my NTV days, and he was the most successful one.

24) Husker "insider" guy - Does it count if you're a member of the media?

• Fire 1

Brogan, I think we'd get along great, you gonna be around for the Oregon game? I'll buy you a beer or two. Still fondly remember the time we briefly interacted on the sidelines during the Northwestern Hail Mary game.

Assuming our baby doesn't come shortly before the game, I'll be there for Oregon. September 19 due date! As soon as I heard it, I looked at her and said "if I'm at the game when you go into labor, you better hope it's not a quick delivery. Because I'm not leaving the game."

We'll see how well that works. Luckily, although I'll be using my media pass, I won't actually be working. So, I'll be able to just watch and roam around. I'd be up for a drink or two.

That's up there with Alex Henery's FG and Jack Hoffman's TD as my favorite in-person moments.

"It's the mustache!"

Assuming our baby doesn't come shortly before the game, I'll be there for Oregon. September 19 due date!

September 19?!

Great Neptune's mandibles ...that be Talk Like A Pirate Day! http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

After yer buxom beauty procures yer little pollywog, be sure to smartly venture over to yer local KrispyKreme establishment to celebrate by grabbing a booty of a free dozen donuts! http://www.krispykreme.com/Pirate

Hmmmm.....I didn't catch any that I think describe me at a game. I'm simply the guy who wears red, goes to the bar a couple hours before game, goes to the game, yells his head off and then goes home.

I don't understand why so many people get irritated at so many different people at games. Heck, that's what makes game day great. So what if a 40-45 year old frat guy is reliving his college days with his buddies. So friggen what??? Have fun, yell loud.

And, I'll guarantee every single one of us has stated a statistic or "fact" about Huskers at a game that isn't quite correct. So what???

Hmmmm.....I didn't catch any that I think describe me at a game. I'm simply the guy who wears red, goes to the bar a couple hours before game, goes to the game, yells his head off and then goes home.

I don't understand why so many people get irritated at so many different people at games. Heck, that's what makes game day great. So what if a 40-45 year old frat guy is reliving his college days with his buddies. So friggen what??? Have fun, yell loud.

And, I'll guarantee every single one of us has stated a statistic or "fact" about Huskers at a game that isn't quite correct. So what???

Geez, I don't think you are getting the point of the list. It's supposed to be fun. Maybe you can see if you can find some of these "people" at the games this week and enjoy a laugh about it.

Geez, I don't think you are getting the point of the list. It's supposed to be fun. Maybe you can see if you can find some of these "people" at the games this week and enjoy a laugh about it.

They must be a 40-45 year old "frat guy" reliving their college days with their buddies while giving out incorrect "facts". ;)

Punchbowl, meet turd.

-Guy that tries to predict the outcome before the ball is snapped guy

...also me.

Fun fact: I did correctly predict the blocked kick against Minnysoda a couple seasons ago. My section went batcrap nuts and thanked me via many high fives, I guess I had something to do with it.

I only do that on rare occasions when I feel a genuine supernatural insight into what's about to happen. I was pretty good at it in 2010 - I called Helu's 2nd and 3rd touchdowns right before they happened, and 2 of Kyler's long PA post touchdown catches.

I had a premonition that BYU would convert the Hail Mary. As we sat there during the final timeout, I could "hear" their fans cheering in the visitor's sections. It was pretty creepy.

-Guy that tries to predict the outcome before the ball is snapped guy

...also me.

Fun fact: I did correctly predict the blocked kick against Minnysoda a couple seasons ago. My section went batcrap nuts and thanked me via many high fives, I guess I had something to do with it.

I only do that on rare occasions when I feel a genuine supernatural insight into what's about to happen. I was pretty good at it in 2010 - I called Helu's 2nd and 3rd touchdowns right before they happened, and 2 of Kyler's long PA post touchdown catches.

I had a premonition that BYU would convert the Hail Mary. As we sat there during the final timeout, I could "hear" their fans cheering in the visitor's sections. It was pretty creepy.

So THAT was knapp's fault?

Premonition, telekinesis, what's the difference?

;P

• Fire 1

I will say it again...when I hit up Lincoln on game day it is college all over again for me. I love O street...the cheap drinks everyone (mostly) in red and partying, all ages are around and having a good time. Do I end up talking to girls way younger than me? Heck yes!

There is just something awesome about Lincoln on game day.

Adding another one for you tailgaters.

Craft-beer guy/Home brewer - while you are pounding your Bud Lights and smashing the can on your forehead, he has a couple growlers (one IPA, one Stout) from Lazlo's on ice, as well as a homemade Hefeweisen that he brewed a couple weeks ago. He chooses quality over quantity, and loves to discuss the finer points of the beers.

Can we add:

Won't go to O Street Guy: "That is for college kids" you will hear him say and now his mind is made up, he will not go near O street. In his mind it is a huge frat party even though all the students are down at the North Bottoms or on the rooftop at Barry's. But it doesn't matter to this guy because he swore once he left Lincoln that he would "Never go back to O street"