*** 2016 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: Fresno State at Nebraska***

Saunders

You guys probably take these predictions more seriously than they do.

If you went to a restaurant and got bad food, and the waiter told you, "You're probably taking this more seriously than the cooks," would you be OK with that?

We're the consumers. If we're given bad product, we have a right to say something about it.

• Fire 4

Gery DiNardo was on 93.7 The Ticket with Happer & Stevens yesterday. They asked him about this game, and picking Nebraska 4th in the West despite the HUGE disparity in recruiting rankings between Nebraska and everyone else. DiNardo hemmed and hawed and gave this really lame answer, saying basically that's not what the recruiting service that HE subscribes to shows. He didn't say what that service was, though.

http://www.theticketfm.com/happer-stephens/gerry-dinardo-btn/

I am starting to get the vibe that Gery is just not all that impressed with Riley. For some reason, I have no idea why that would be but I have have the feeling.

Gerry DiNardo is a Bill McCartney desciple. He was the Oline and then OC at Colorado until he got his first HC gig. I am not sure how much he cares for Nebraska in the first place. He also played at ND when NU kicked the crap out of them in the Orange Bowl. He was a HC for 12 years accumlating a remarkable record of 59-76-1. He had exactly 3 winning seasons all at LSU. He is the guy that was fired at LSU and a guy named Nick Sabin took over for and pretty much had immediate success. His coaching record makes MR look like a HOFer.

With that being said, all he really had to say was until they prove me otherwise I will stick with my observations.

I get the same feeling from Glen Mason that they arn't really Nebraska lovers do to the way they got their ass kicked when they coached against NU.

except that until this year, theyre usually all pretty high on Nebraska.

With that said, someone please tell what we have EVER done recently to deserve any sort of benenfit of the doubt? Play the games. Win the games. The rest is just jargon and jibberish.

• Fire 1

You guys probably take these predictions more seriously than they do.

If you went to a restaurant and got bad food, and the waiter told you, "You're probably taking this more seriously than the cooks," would you be OK with that?

We're the consumers. If we're given bad product, we have a right to say something about it.

That is how I feel when I hit up Taco Bell late at night

With that said, someone please tell what we have EVER done recently to deserve any sort of benenfit of the doubt? Play the games. Win the games. The rest is just jargon and jibberish.

Well......... there's "benefit of the doubt" and there's solid football analysis.

We're not asking to be gifted respect we don't deserve. We're talking about a team that is realistically worlds better than their opponent. Despite that, they're predicting an average of barely a touchdown victory. Vegas' most pessimistic odds are two or three TDs better than that.

That's a huge disparity, and one that deserves addressing.

If we're not going to get solid realistic football analysis from the BTN, what's the point of shows like theirs?

• Fire 1

Don't start turning on BTN because they give their honest opinion now. Maybe they are wrong or maybe they did not see anything that thrilled them, maybe not sold on the coach or plain wrong, to early to tell. On the other hand you have the Daily Nebraskan with a very rosy blow sunshine up your butt, old glory days overview. Truth is likely somewhere in between and thats where I am as well. I wouldn't expect less then a 20 point win. The BTN guys are also pretty high on Minnesota, they play tonight vs Oregon State on BTN I believe, decent test so will see how one of their mini darlings performs.

If we're not going to get solid realistic football analysis from the BTN, what's the point of shows like theirs?

For us to talk about it and get them ad revenue. You know better than that.

But Fresno is the easiest game on our schedule besides maybe Purdue, so to predict we'll win by 3 points is basically saying we're going to go 2-10 this year.

We lost to Purdue last year...

Well......... there's "benefit of the doubt" and there's solid football analysis.

We're not asking to be gifted respect we don't deserve. We're talking about a team that is realistically worlds better than their opponent. Despite that, they're predicting an average of barely a touchdown victory. Vegas' most pessimistic odds are two or three TDs better than that.

That's a huge disparity, and one that deserves addressing.

this whole thing with Denardo began weeks ago with his thoughts on this season. so to me, it's more than just this game. He's just down on Nebraska this year, and feeling like we could sh#t ourselves saturday, hence resulting in the "Dinardo hates Nebraska cuz X" thoughts. And I disagree. cuz until this year, Dinardo has usually been high on Nebraska, and gotten burned. So what my point is is that it doesnt bother me one bit. I can live with it. To me, we deserve it.

Saturday's specific prediction? Sure it's puzzling. But i'll be honest. If it goes down like he thinks, I seriously wont be all that shocked. Severly disappointed and pulling the seatbelt a couple notches tighter, but not shocked. It's game one of following a losing season. No one has a clue what to expect (maine 2005)

Don't start turning on BTN because they give their honest opinion now. Maybe they are wrong or maybe they did not see anything that thrilled them, maybe not sold on the coach or plain wrong, to early to tell. On the other hand you have the Daily Nebraskan with a very rosy blow sunshine up your butt, old glory days overview. Truth is likely somewhere in between and thats where I am as well. I wouldn't expect less then a 20 point win. The BTN guys are also pretty high on Minnesota, they play tonight vs Oregon State on BTN I believe, decent test so will see how one of their mini darlings performs.

The issue isn't that they aren't sold on Nebraska, it's that they've shied away from any analysis on why the Huskers will struggle. It's almost passive-aggressive. If one of them gave an explanation for a 3-point spread in what should be a blowout, that's be different.

What....

• Fire 1

The issue isn't that they aren't sold on Nebraska, it's that they've shied away from any analysis on why the Huskers will struggle. It's almost passive-aggressive. If one of them gave an explanation for a 3-point spread in what should be a blowout, that's be different.

Yea I can see you point there, though they are likely saving the details for the BTN Saturday kickoff show.