Newby vs. Ozigbo - who should start & who should see the most carries

Enhance

Even if Newby has a little more speed behind him, I feel like it's void because he will end up getting tackled where Ozigbo finds a way to break free.

Oz ran a 4.73 40 yard dash.

Newby ran a 4.46

Keep thinking Oz is faster. Maybe if you wish it hard enough it will come true.

He's not saying Oz is faster. He's saying where Newby gets brought down Ozigbo is more likely to break those same kind of tackles and gain a few extra yards.

Even if Newby has a little more speed behind him, I feel like it's void because he will end up getting tackled where Ozigbo finds a way to break free.

Newby ran a 4.46

I've read this several times, how are you getting that he thinks Ozigbo is faster? I'm just wondering because I haven't figured it out. :)

Newby ran a 4.46

I've never thought Newby looked that fast. There's a difference between speed in shorts at practice and speed in full pads during a game.

Game time, I think they're closer in speed than that .27 difference.

Newby ran a 4.46

I've read this several times, how are you getting that he thinks Ozigbo is faster? I'm just wondering because I haven't figured it out. :)

If people keep thinking Oz is faster, I'll keep correcting them.

It's nice to know you like to follow my posts and always chime in your commentary though. Thanks for thinking of me.

My first sentence you quoted literally says Newby is faster...

Newby ran a 4.46

It's nice to know you like to follow my posts and always chime in your commentary though. Thanks for thinking of me.

Who cares if he is faster, he isn't a better RB than Ozigbo. Brandon Reilly is faster than both should we line him up at RB?

• Fire 2

Newby ran a 4.46

Who cares if he is faster, he isn't a better RB than Ozigbo.

That was my 2nd sentence

The other part of this is the play-calling itself. By my count, out of Newby's 8 carries in the first half, he had one or two that were off-tackle plays. All the others were basically straight up the middle. There's not going to be a lot of room for anyone to run if they have to run straight up the middle 75-80% of the time. And that happened last year as well. Ozigbo had the only true outside run and got about three more carries on off-tackle plays. Little better mix and more opportunity for success.

There is simply more room to run to the outside. Especially if you're more of a speed back as opposed to a power back.

• Fire 2

Newby ran a 4.46

Who cares if he is faster, he isn't a better RB than Ozigbo.

That was my 2nd sentence

iVmJq6w.gif

The other part of this is the play-calling itself. By my count, out of Newby's 8 carries in the first half, he had one or two that were off-tackle plays. All the others were basically straight up the middle. There's not going to be a lot of room for anyone to run if they have to run straight up the middle 75-80% of the time. And that happened last year as well. Ozigbo had the only true outside run and got about three more carries on off-tackle plays. Little better mix and more opportunity for success.

There is simply more room to run to the outside. Especially if you're more of a speed back as opposed to a power back.

But no excuses...because it's obvious to all people that Ozigbo is the better back..he got more yards right? That means better.

and as said by people in this thread, Newby should be moved to 4th string...he's that bad.

:sarcasm:

Ozigbo isn't the better back BECAUSE he got more careies. Ozigbo is the better back, SO he got more carries.

Newby should definitely be 1st or 2nd on depth chart based off speed and experience alone. But if he gets passed theres really nothing you pleading his case can do to stop it.

But no excuses...because it's obvious to all people that Ozigbo is the better back..he got more yards right? That means better.

and as said by people in this thread, Newby should be moved to 4th string...he's that bad.

Ozigbo isn't the better back BECAUSE he got more careies. Ozigbo is the better back, SO he got more carries.

Newby should definitely be 1st or 2nd on depth chart based off speed and experience alone. But if he gets passed theres really nothing you pleading his case can do to stop it.

Not necessarily true

Ozigbo may have gotten more carries simply becuase his particular style was a better for our game plan, dictated by the matchups among other significant intangibles that allowed/required us to run the ball 80% of the time in a particular manner.

Wyomings defense may play a style where our advantage becomes more spread and lateral running, which may suit newby better and he gets 30 touches while Ozigbo rides pine.

Doesnt necessarily mean either one is better than the other.

• Fire 2

Not necessarily true

Ozigbo may have gotten more carries simply becuase his particular style was a better for our game plan, dictated by the matchups among other significant intangibles that allowed/required us to run the ball 80% of the time in a particular manner.

Wyomings defense may play a style where our advantage becomes more spread and lateral running, which may suit newby better and he gets 30 touches while Ozigbo rides pine.

Doesnt necessarily mean either one is better than the other.

Agree, I said as much on page 1. We are going to plug in the best Back week to week. Most weeks that will probably end up being Ozigbo.