Newby vs. Ozigbo - who should start & who should see the most carries

Enhance

He had some excellent runs that got extra yardage off of sheer effort and toughness. For the looks he got, he made the most of them.

He definitely played with a sense of urgency on Saturday. I'll bet you all a nickel that he has a good day against Maryland.

I wonder that if we hadn't played musical chairs with Newby last season...if we would have seen the current version of Newby all of this season?

I mean...imagine what a 1/2 combo we'd have with current Newby and a healthy Ozigbo. And if you could put both of them in the backfield at once...

He had some excellent runs that got extra yardage off of sheer effort and toughness. For the looks he got, he made the most of them.

He definitely played with a sense of urgency on Saturday. I'll bet you all a nickel that he has a good day against Maryland.

I wonder that if we hadn't played musical chairs with Newby last season...if we would have seen the current version of Newby all of this season?

I mean...imagine what a 1/2 combo we'd have with current Newby and a healthy Ozigbo. And if you could put both of them in the backfield at once...

I think that's part of it. Part of it was the vast majority of Newby's carries last year were inside runs where he doesn't have as much chance to use his speed - 60% of his carries were "up middle" and another 20% off tackle. And part of it was he hurt his ankle against Miami and never really got back to full speed.

Newby is going to make it in the NFL.

Will definitely get a look IMO. In the right offense, he can succeed. Unsure as an every down back, but a lot of backs make it as situational guys.... I'll admit, prior to the season, he was not my top pick to start. really surprised me. Tough, resilient and has improved every game IMO.