Newby vs. Ozigbo - who should start & who should see the most carries

Enhance

Somehow Wilbon came away looking like the best RB.

Northwestern games are weird.

Wilbon looked like he has settled down and is playing with in the system instead of pressing so much. I get the feeling he will be our first half back next year with zig and tre being our second half closers. But for this year, newby better shape up or wilbon might surpass him. Newby's been hurt sure, but the mistakes he made vs northwestern were of the mental kind a senior should not be making.

• Fire 2

Newby's been hurt sure, but the mistakes he made vs northwestern were of the mental kind a senior should not be making.

My guess is that Newby was feeling the heat from the younger guys and tried to make the highlight reel with his airborne theatrics. Instead he gets featured on the "Goal Line Fail" highlights. Maybe he learned something.

Count me as also being in the camp that hasn't seen this supposed great improvement from Newby. He's looked better and tougher on a handful of inside runs, but otherwise seems like the same back we've seen for 3 years prior.

Part of that is probably because he doesn't get a lot of chances to run to his strengths with so many running plays straight into the middle of the line.

But his YPC is 5.8 this year. Up from 5.2 last year and 4.4 the year before that. Semantic that how you wish.

• Fire 1

Honestly I was a major Newby critic last yr. He never showed much will, agility/elusiveness, and didn't seem to have the top end speed that made him a top recruit. Not sure if it was health or him improving in the off season but he looks much better this season IMO. Seems quicker, hits the hole, shows some wiggle at times, and also has fought for tough yards.

I like the trio of Ozigbo, Newby, and Wilbon combined with the threat of Tommy running on any given play. We get thunder (oz), lightning(34), Cory Ross like agility(Wilbon). Couple that with the x-factor, Tommy Armstrong running on any play and you have a lethal backfield regardless of who starts.

Sticking with the original posters question on Newby vs Ozigbo... I'd take Wilbon. He can make something out of nothing and I am still furious that the run game was so lousy early last year yet they refused to let Wilbon play at all!

• Fire 1