Newby vs. Ozigbo - who should start & who should see the most carries

Enhance

Cut the 'woe is Newby' nonsense. Very few people are being disrespectful towards him - they're just giving an opinion.

I stand by what I said - he is running differently this year, but his YPC average is only .2 better than 2015, he has accounted for zero offensive points this year and Ozigbo continues to be relied on in key moments and in the second half.

Pointing out a fact does not translate to disrespect.

True, it's only a few people are disrespectful. But there are a lot of people here who forget he's averaging next to no carries each game. It's hard to make an impact when you're not given the chance to. My point has always been to give him more carries to offset Oz's.

I watched the game again, and was reminded that right after Newby's best run of the season in the second quarter, they showed him hobbling off to the bench to receive medical attention.

That might have something to do with his lack of carries.

His 7 first half carries seemed pretty respectful to me.

I don't know if Ozigbo is limited because all the coaches do is run him between the tackles, but I think Newby and even Wilbon showed they deserve to play.

Yes, it was a bonehead play for Newby to try and score and then he fumbled, but it was an effort mistake. He will learn from that. The run Newby had the first 49 yards of the play was pretty awesome.

• Fire 1

I don't know if Ozigbo is limited because all the coaches do is run him between the tackles, but I think Newby and even Wilbon showed they deserve to play.

Yes, it was a bonehead play for Newby to try and score and then he fumbled, but it was an effort mistake. He will learn from that. The run Newby had the first 49 yards of the play was pretty awesome.

I noticed the next "stretch the ball over the goal line play was done with 2 hands firmly on the ball. That was a great effort.

We have fumbled a sh#t load this year!

Yea we have, I thought Ozigbo's fumble was really jank, the refs should have blown that whistle because I thought he was down by contact. One was an unforced fumble that could have been prevented. Ozibgo is a great bruiser but they can use him outside a little more, I wonder if he will ever get really good at going the distance through big holes. Newby played well yesterday besides trying to score, Bryant dnp because Northwestern would have tried to strip the ball from him all the time.

Wilbon looked good, it seems Newby will start with Zig backing him up and Wilbon at the 3 now? We will see.

We have fumbled a sh#t load this year!

10 fumbles so far, with 3 lost. That includes the backwards pass last week by Armstrong.

I'm not too concerned about the 2 fumbles last night and it being a huge issue going forward. One was a guy trying to make too big of a play, and he learned from it. The other was caused by a late whistle by the refs and them not blowing the ball dead when Ozigbo is being pushed back in the pile.