***Official Wyoming Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I think we should see if Tommy throws a bunch of picks against Oregon before getting mad at Tommy for throwing a bunch of picks against Oregon.

USC dropped like 5 easy picks in the bowl game a couple years back. They bring in as much talent as anyone.The line of reasoning that those passes will directly carry over to INTs against Oregon doesn't really hold up.

Nobody's doing any of that. People are expressing concern at him throwing the ball directly at the opposing defense and hoping he doesn't do it against better opponents.

"Against Oregon those two near picks ARE picks and one is a pick 6. "

I think we should see if Tommy throws a bunch of picks against Oregon before getting mad at Tommy for throwing a bunch of picks against Oregon.

USC dropped like 5 easy picks in the bowl game a couple years back. They bring in as much talent as anyone.The line of reasoning that those passes will directly carry over to INTs against Oregon doesn't really hold up.

Nobody's doing any of that. People are expressing concern at him throwing the ball directly at the opposing defense and hoping he doesn't do it against better opponents.

Got it

No one is mad at Tommy for throwing picks to Oregon. At least not yet.

If I had to bet money on whether or not those two passes are picks vs Oregon? I know where I am placing my money.

USC dropped like 5 easy picks in the bowl game a couple years back. They bring in as much talent as anyone.

The line of reasoning that those passes will directly carry over to INTs against Oregon doesn't really hold up.

Exactly.

Against a better opponent, throwing the ball directly at the opposing defense is far more likely to end up poorly for us.

Without that baffling pick in the end zone it's a great game by tommy

I dunno about that, Tommy nearly threw two more picks. He had a decent day and didn't lose the game for us.

I hate the "nearly threw more picks" comment. All QB's will have INT's dropped or have passes "nearly picked".

The bottom line is that Tommy has thrown 1 INT this year in 44 pass attempts. To me, that's not a terrible %. Going into the year, if Tommy were to throw 6 INT's for the entire season that would be great. I would be pleased at anything 10 or under.

I think the near INT comment is perfectly valid against an opponent like Wyoming. When people make comments like this they're thinking about what those throws will turn into when we face a decent opponent. More than likely they will be interceptions.

100% correct. Against Oregon those two near picks ARE picks and one is a pick 6. That changes the game in a very bad way for us against higher quality competition.

Ummm...no. DBs drop INTs all the time, NFL included.

You're nitpicking a little here. Oregon has more talented players than Wyoming. They're more likely to catch those errant passes.

Sorry but I don't necessarily agree. I don't think teams recruit cornerbacks for their catching ability. Cornerbacks drop INTs all the time, at every level.

Saying that an Oregon DB is going to make that a pick 6 is pure speculation. It hasn't happened, so we don't know if it will. DBs are made DBs because they don't catch the ball well enough to be a WR, along with their coverage skills and athletic ability.

Those were two very easy picks, all the DBs had to do is hang in. Oregon's DBs are more likely to complete the int imo than Wyomings were.

While you can make the argument that DBs at all levels drop balls...well, so do RBs, WRs, and TEs.

Sorry, again, CBs are not recuited because of their catching ability. Might Oregon's CBs be more athletic and cover better, yes. But will they catch better, probably not. Their WRs might though.