What did we learn-Wyoming edition

JJ Husker

P.s. FYI, NU has a higher ranked QB out of high school starting than MSU.

....so?

So, the contention at one point was that MSU has been recruiting better at QB under Dantonio than Nebraska has.

90%+ of the teams in the B10 and SEC would probably start him if Armstrong was on their roster.

That's how good this kid is. And it's on this staff to utilize him properly.

....so?

So, the contention at one point was that MSU has been recruiting better at QB under Dantonio than Nebraska has.

90%+ of the teams in the B10 and SEC would probably start him if Armstrong was on their roster.

That's how good this kid is. And it's on this staff to utilize him properly.

I mean if you want to use recruiting rankings from high school to evaluate seniors in college, that's your prerogative, but I'm guessing the spirit of that contention is that MSU has had better quarterbacks than Nebraska has, which is... pretty hard to argue with. If we are recruiting better quarterbacks, we're doing a worse job of developing them, and that speaks to the previous staff as much as the current one.

• Fire 2

So in one post we dont wanna be like Michigan St who is consistently winning conference titles, and was in the playoffs last year, while in the next post we wanna emmulate Navy, who hasnt doen jack sh#t, but the run the option and occasionally beat more talented teams, so it's all good.

You'd be quite wrong about Navy doing "jack sh#t" recently. But that's ok. Many don't "get it" when it comes to talent versus production ratios.

Navy had to pull a QB out of the stands recently, and was still productive.

That telling in the "scheme" versus "talent" argument, as are teams like Baylor under Briles and Houston under Herman.

As for being like MSU, let me know when we rehire a defensive mind on par with Dantonio.

He was on the depth chart.... Wasn't just some random person. It was cleared up.

So in one post we dont wanna be like Michigan St who is consistently winning conference titles, and was in the playoffs last year, while in the next post we wanna emmulate Navy, who hasnt doen jack sh#t, but the run the option and occasionally beat more talented teams, so it's all good.

You'd be quite wrong about Navy doing "jack sh#t" recently. But that's ok. Many don't "get it" when it comes to talent versus production ratios.

That telling in the "scheme" versus "talent" argument, as are teams like Baylor under Briles and Houston under Herman.

As for being like MSU, let me know when we rehire a defensive mind on par with Dantonio.

Until Navy is in the playoffs, which is our ultimate goal as a program, they have done jack sh#t. I know it's relative, but so quit comparing us to them.

I think Dantonio has proven to be far more than just a defensive mind with his ability to build that thing from the ground up and be more consistent than any program in the Big ten.

Dantonio has more conference titles than Urban Meyer has.

Until Navy is in the playoffs, which is our ultimate goal as a program, they have done jack sh#t. I know it's relative, but so quit comparing us to them.

Cool, then I would expect to never hear what an accomplishment .500 at Oregon St was for Riley and how that indicates better things at NU.

I learned that if it's 1st and goal from the 4 and we don't want to just line up and say "We're Nebraska....We're coming at you!" ,then maybe we should schedule teams like maybe St. Mary's of Indiana. Then we can be like the girls in that old movie 'Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows" and call a finesse play that will trick the Sisters.

• Fire 2