Baskets of Deplorables

Hillary really stepped in it yesterday after calling Trump Supporters racists, sexists, homophobics and "baskets of deplorables."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/hillary-clinton-half-trump-supporters-belong-basket-deplorables-n646026

This is by far her biggest gaffe of the campaign (outside of the persistent lying). This I actually think is worse than Romney's 47% remarks in the 2012 campaign.

• Fire 2

Here's what she said:

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the 'basket of deplorables.' Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

Racists - supporting a xenophobic candidate who discriminated against Blacks

Sexists - supporting a candidate whose record of sexist comments goes back decades

Homophobic - supporting a candidate with a litany of anti-LGBT quotes

Islamophobic - supporting a candidate whose Islamophobia is well-documented

But the funniest part of this is, Brietbart's followers are all enraged over this quote. They, apparently, don't care about the dozens & dozens & dozens & dozens of quotes by Trump that are far more inflammatory to minorities, gays, women, or Muslims.

So by making a big deal out of this and ignoring Trump's racism, sexism, homophobia and Islamophobia... they're proving Hillary right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Fire 9

And she already apologized for it. No one will remember this in a week.

Lol...you wish this won't be remembered. At a minimum it negates her ability to claim Trump has inaccurately attacked groups of people. When he made the comments about Mexico sending across its rapists, that was not talking about Americans as Hillary was. This wont be covered much tomorrow on 9/11 but it will be covered a lot after that. This is far worse than Romneys 47% gaffe in 2012.

• Fire 2

Here's what she said:

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the 'basket of deplorables.' Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

Racists - supporting a xenophobic candidate who discriminated against Blacks

Sexists - supporting a candidate whose record of sexist comments goes back decades

Homophobic - supporting a candidate with a litany of anti-LGBT quotes

Islamophobic - supporting a candidate whose Islamophobia is well-documented

But the funniest part of this is, Brietbart's followers are all enraged over this quote. They, apparently, don't care about the dozens & dozens & dozens & dozens of quotes by Trump that are far more inflammatory to minorities, gays, women, or Muslims.

So by making a big deal out of this and ignoring Trump's racism, sexism, homophobia and Islamophobia... they're proving Hillary right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you are not upset about her comments you must not be upset about anything Trump has said in the past. I think we are seeing why her team tried to keep her in hiding in August. She is terrible and is very gaffe prone.

• Fire 2

I find it very unlikely she's wrong. 55% of the population voted in the presidential election in 2012.

Let's assume in order to be a "Trump supporter" you have to be a Trump voter, and Trump gets 40% of the vote. So her claim is that 20% of the vote is racist, sexist or homophobic and voting for Trump.

If my math is correct that means 11% of the U.S. population is racist, sexist or homophobic and voting for Trump. Is that so far fetched??

So you're saying Trump's decades of racist, bigoted, misogynistic and xenophobic statements were him speaking the truth?

Well we already addressed that both candidates have made racial and bigoted statements in the past. Nobody is making that claim. However we are 2 months away from a general election and shes still making such statements.

• Fire 2

Well, again, this isn't a bigoted statement, it's accurate. I've proven that, in this thread.

Also, if you're all balled up about a candidate making controversial statements, you can't support Trump, or you're a hypocrite.

Its not accurate. Trump will likely get 50 to 60 million votes, so she is calling 25 to 30 million people racist and has never even met any of them. The left has always claimed they were the party of being open minded and tolerant...lol,

This would be like Trump saying half of HIllary supporters are racists and pathological liars that trash sexual assault victims since Hillary has demonstrated that in her past. Her mistake was expanding her feeling about Trump to his supporters. Like I said before this completely negates her ability to push these attacks moving forward as she went way overboard in making this claim about millions of people.

• Fire 2

Well, again, this isn't a bigoted statement, it's accurate. I've proven that, in this thread.

Also, if you're all balled up about a candidate making controversial statements, you can't support Trump, or you're a hypocrite.

Its not accurate. Trump will likely get 50 to 60 million votes, so she is calling 25 to 30 million people racist and has never even met any of them.

That is not accurate, either. She didn't say everyone in that basket was racist. "Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it." The racists have company in that basket. chuckleshuffle

• Fire 1

Its not accurate. Trump will likely get 50 to 60 million votes, so she is calling 25 to 30 million people racist and has never even met any of them.

That is not accurate, either. She didn't say everyone in that basket was racist. "Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it." The racists have company in that basket. chuckleshuffle

And those additional descriptors just makes her statement that much worse. Lol.

• Fire 2