“You can only sell 20 years ago for so long"- Mike Osborne

TGHusker

So true. Time to start making new history by beating the Ducks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/sports/ncaafootball/nebraska-football-hopes-for-breakthrough.html?_r=0

Beating Oregon won't mean much in the long run. I'm telling you guys. Oregon is not winning more than 8 games this year. There's no way, new scheme on D plus the youth. I love Oregon but damn, if it's time to make new history, they need to be consistent by beating Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa. Even still they need to bring a conference trophy home.

The championship is the glue that holds the season of good wins all together. Without it, becomes the usual.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/sports/ncaafootball/nebraska-football-hopes-for-breakthrough.html?_r=0

Beating Oregon won't mean much in the long run. I'm telling you guys. Oregon is not winning more than 8 games this year. There's no way, new scheme on D plus the youth. I love Oregon but damn, if it's time to make new history, they need to be consistent by beating Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa. Even still they need to bring a conference trophy home.

The championship is the glue that holds the season of good wins all together. Without it, becomes the usual.

So, we should just lose to your ducks then? Would that help us?

• Fire 1

It will but for different reasons than you think.

Yes, it will be the first win over a ranked team OOC team since.....a long time.

BUT, a win here boosts the confidence of this program similar to what the MSU win did last year. It builds on itself. We very well might then be 7-0 going into Wisconsin with more confidence and more experience in these schemes.

I don't think a loss would tear apart the team. These coaches are level headed enough that I still think the team would be focused on the rest of the season. But, the mood would be very different. We then go play three bad programs before Wisconsin. If we get there at 6-1, we still don't have confidence in beating good teams and everyone is still questioning the program.

This game sets the mood for the first half of the season. Even if Oregon falls apart the rest of the year, we still get that confidence boost.

• Fire 1

I feel like Nebraska's game against Oregon is the "Rebirth" or the "Renewal" of Nebraska Football. Nebraska felt something HUGE last year against Michigan State and the Bowl Game. We had games that weren't decided in 2015 till the final snap.

2016, Nebraska takes it's seat back at the table. We don't ask, "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" We take it. Front of the table, it's time to show the Nation what College Football is all about.

Go BIg Red.

• Fire 1

We need a step in the right direction this year, if we do more than that, great.

Already Beat: Wyoming & Fresno St.

- These were 2 must wins and at least the final score made them look like it was convincing fashion

Other Must Wins: Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern

- IF we are going to start making strides in the right direction, have to win these along with the 2 that we already won.

Need to go .500 in these games: Iowa, Oregon, Ohio State, Wisconsin

- If we win 2/4 we are definitely heading in the right direction, 3? Well, then we are in the hunt for a Conference title (Yes, I know Oregon has no bearing on the B10 standings)

If we can accomplish that 10 win season, we are HEADING in the right direction. Find out a ton tomorrow from 2:30-6:00.

This game is a pretty big one, but we need to win a conference championship.

Fine...but, there are little steps along the way to winning that CC that are big steps at the time.

I agree with that. Here are some of the BIG non-conf games that we have lost in recent time.

2006: L @ USC 10-28

2007: L vs USC 31-49

2008: L vs Virginia Tech 30-35

2009: L @ Virginia Tech 15-16

2012: L @ UCLA 30-36

2013: L vs UCLA 21-41

**We did go 1-1 vs a decent Miami team. 2-0 vs Pitt and Washington who were both alright those years.

Fine...but, there are little steps along the way to winning that CC that are big steps at the time.

I agree with that. Here are some of the BIG non-conf games that we have lost in recent time.

**We did go 1-1 vs a decent Miami team. 2-0 vs Pitt and Washington who were both alright those years.

I would say those Washington teams are better than this Oregon team.

I would say those Washington teams are better than this Oregon team.

They finished 7-6 both the seasons we beat them (10'-11'). I see Oregon being better than that

Jebus Coach;

I respect what you are saying, but give me a break. Yes, I understand they don't have Mariota any longer but acting as if their cupboards are bare, is for your benefit I believe, not for those of us who bleed red. While they started out rough last year, they played at MSU and only lost by 3, they beat Stanford, USC, Washington and played TCU in a bowl game losing only by 6.

I recognize last year was a different team and there has been changes in some of the players, but they have been a top 20 recruiting School for a good period of time. Chip Kelly inserted and re-tooled the hurry up offense to the umth degree and they are considered the pioneer of it now a days. Chip is gone but the scheme remains. It is tough to defend by anyone.

Look, I get it that the Huskers need to win more than this particular game to remove the stigma, but a win for the psych of our players is "HUGE" (pardon me Trump) for the Husker players and fans.

• Fire 1