What did we learn-Oregon edition

Ozigbo is the better back, regardless of how many stars Newby had coming out of high school. I don't think Newby is terrible, far from it, Ozigbo is just better. I think this is a very good problem to have, a stable of excellent backs.

Newby has had a better ypc in two out of three games this year. In the game he didn't, Ozigbo definitely got the better blocking.

I think both are good and both have roles. Neither is significantly better than the other. They're just better at different things.

- HUGE props to Langsdorf on the game plan. We passed more in the first half but almost every pass was designed to get TA a VERY easy throw - to a stationary or slow-moving target. I was actually surprised that we still only completed 50% for the game. And we kept pounding the running game (for the most part).

- Seemed like MRI's best game as a Husker. I would have guessed he was in on more plays than the 6 tackles he got credit for.

- Great game for Lightbourn to have a great game.

- Was a lot of fun to be on the good side of a lot of breaks for once.

- Oregon without Freeman is an 8-4 team at best this year. Might still be that with him.

- Oregon is bad at math

• Fire 1

Ozigbo is the better back, regardless of how many stars Newby had coming out of high school. I don't think Newby is terrible, far from it, Ozigbo is just better. I think this is a very good problem to have, a stable of excellent backs.

Newby has had a better ypc in two out of three games this year. In the game he didn't, Ozigbo definitely got the better blocking.

I think both are good and both have roles. Neither is significantly better than the other. They're just better at different things.

Mav, I think you are right. They are both good at different things. However, Ozigbo is good at inside run, power, an trucking guys (three things Husker Nation loves).

- HUGE props to Langsdorf on the game plan. We passed more in the first half but almost every pass was designed to get TA a VERY easy throw - to a stationary or slow-moving target. I was actually surprised that we still only completed 50% for the game. And we kept pounding the running game (for the most part).

- Seemed like MRI's best game as a Husker. I would have guessed he was in on more plays than the 6 tackles he got credit for.

- Oregon without Freeman is an 8-4 team at best this year. Might still be that with him.

- Oregon is bad at math

Honestly I was more scared of that speedster that got that first td and 2 more than Freeman. He looked a lot like Ozigbo to me where he wouldn't go down at first contact and great vision but he wasn't a burner by any means.
  • Fire 2

Honestly I was more scared of that speedster that got that first td and 2 more than Freeman. He looked a lot like Ozigbo to me where he wouldn't go down at first contact and great vision but he wasn't a burner by any means.

He's not the fastest back they've had but he went for 207 - including an 85 yards TD run - last week against Virginia. So he's fast enough.

Plus vision and the ability to keep drives going is probably more important than pure speed.

- Oregon is bad at math

Me too. Those backups were speed demons. I think their offense runs better when they have those burners out there like they used to. Freeman is a better pro prospect than those guys but in that offense, that speed really makes it go.

- Oregon is bad at math

Me too. Those backups were speed demons. I think their offense runs better when they have those burners out there like they used to. Freeman is a better pro prospect than those guys but in that offense, that speed really makes it go.

Losing Freeman had a big impact in the game. While the backups were speed demons and made big runs, Freeman would have been used as Prukop's security blanket and probably would have ground out more first downs throughout the game. That could have changed the dynamic of the ebb and flow of the game.
  • Fire 1

- Oregon is bad at math

Losing Freeman had a big impact in the game. While the backups were speed demons and made big runs, Freeman would have been used as Prukop's security blanket and probably would have ground out more first downs throughout the game. That could have changed the dynamic of the ebb and flow of the game.

Maybe, but perimeter runs are where we are vulnerable defensively and that's where those guys were able to burn us.

I learned that I quickly grew sick and tired of the one announcer constantly talking about the "two point conversion" attempts. over and over and over.

By the end of the game, Helfrich had gambled with every single one of his extra points. Each one was worth talking about, and put together they were the story of the game from an Oregon standpoint.

A totally avoidable coaching gaffe that may have cost his team the game.

Huard was doing the math out loud that Helfrich should have been doing.

• Fire 1

One big thing I have not see mentioned but believe played a big part of our Huskers win. Kudos to Coach Riley and staff for keeping our kids calm and focused throughout!

This is not to bash on Bo, as he is of no more concern to us but, If Bo was still here IMO, this would have been one of those Bo sideline blow ups where his demeanor pushed our kids over the edge, panic, forcing and ultimately a loss.

• Fire 1