That last Oregon Play??

Bowfin

I was (and still am) confused as to what exactly that play was supposed to look like. Was it a busted play? Something tricky that blew up in Oregon's faces? A missed assignment?

I will take the results, but that play didn't look too healthy right from the start... :dunno

TheDucks message board is blowing up about that call....and the two point conversion tries....and, of course, the refs...

NU rushed 5...Finally.

Prukop was scrambling to buy time to throw and couldn't run due to it being 4th and 18. Protection broke down and they got to him.

There were plenty of times where the 3 and 4 man rush flustered Prukop during the game. I think Banker did a good job a mixing rushes on Oregon today

If we would've brought 5 or 6 more times, I think he would've been an absolute basket case. Seemed we missed the opportunity to really exploit him. I know you can't blitz every play but damn, whenever we did it seemed to go our way.

• Fire 2

NU rushed 5...Finally.

Prukop was scrambling to buy time to throw and couldn't run due to it being 4th and 18. Protection broke down and they got to him.

There were plenty of times where the 3 and 4 man rush flustered Prukop during the game. I think Banker did a good job a mixing rushes on Oregon today

If we would've brought 5 or 6 more times, I think he would've been an absolute basket case. Seemed we missed the opportunity to really exploit him. I know you can't blitz every play but damn, whenever we did it seemed to go our way.

I agree. We needed to bring more more often. You could read we were not bringing pressure too easily. I guess we feared them ripping off a big play and getting loose with that speed is problematic. I think we could have brought more pressure or disguised better. A sack and fumble, TFL, pressure leading to INT are big plays we need our defense to create more often. I liked Newby out there. If Banker feels he doesn't have the personnel then we have to go with what we have. But to me their QB was too comfortable.

For the entire game, we let their average QB get out of trouble by scrambling. That play we brought more guys and he didn't get away. It could've easily been the 'prevent' rush with our guys getting held like it was much of the game and he could've scrambled out again. They should call that guy Jimmy Scrambles.

​Our receivers were being held or hit before the ball got there as well until the refs finally started calling it. Oregon fans complaining about the refs should look at the film and ask themselves if their players are coached to be all over the receiver.

No idea why they went play action there

That wasn't the only time either. I can totally see why their fan base would be upset. I was laughing out loud at what they were doing at times. Deciding to only go for two point conversions the entire game may have been one of the dumbest coaching decisions I've ever witnessed.

After the first one (that worked) I laughed and said that's not football.

After the third one I said Oregon is a 12 year old playing playstation. You can do that against the ai but try that against another player and you lose.

Oregon fans behind me were not happy.