Turning Point in Nebraska Football?

ScottyIce

It will take more than just this game to look back and say...Yep...that was a turning point.

Also, IF we keep winning and our program is heading in the direction we want it to head, I would look back at the Purdue debacle and the MSU game the next week as more of a turning point than the Oregon game. The Oregon game will be further evidence of what transpired between the two games last year.

I agree with all of this.

No way the Oregon game was a turning point, Purdue will likely be viewed as our turning point in the future when we look back.

I think Oregon is further evidence of a turning point. However, beating the #7 team in the country after losing to perennial loser Purdue was our turning point.

Turning point =

• Go at least 9-3
  • Win the West
  • Make it a close B10 Title game or even win it

That would be a hell of a comeback year for Riley after the garbage 15' season.

Would pretty much be identical to Callahan's second year. So I gotta say no. For me it's going to be 4 years of consistent winning with a championship of some sort. Otherwise minus the abrasive personality he wouldn't have accomplished anything Pelini hasn't done.

We went 4-4 in the B12 that year and didn't win our division.

Until we win a conference title I don't think we can ever be 'back'. Still partying like it's 1999

Turning point is winning the conference, period. 16 years without a conference championship is too long to say any one game during the regular season is a turning point. Anything less is just "ice cream" winning. Don't get me wrong, glad to see the team turning the corner... it's time to put the pedal to the metal and win this thing.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/n/nebraska/conf_champs.php

Turning points aren't able to be seen present-tense.

Let's pump the brakes, y'all. We're allowed to get excited, but when you get ahead of yourselves, that's what makes you get pissy and furious when the team doesn't measure up to the expectations you created in your own head that weren't reasonable in the first place, and that's annoying to the rest of us :P

• Fire 1

Turning point =

1. Go at least 9-3
  2. Win the West
  3. Make it a close B10 Title game or even win it

That would be a hell of a comeback year for Riley after the garbage 15' season.

Honestly, as it sits right now, 9-3 would be a disappointment. It means either losing all 3 to Wisconsin, OSU, Iowa, or losing to one of the scrub teams remaining on our schedule.

• Fire 2