Remember Washington?

Well let's just hope this isn't what happens. Nobody ever wants to see a same season rematch in a bowl game and especially not Nebraska fans. We don't have the best history in that department and I'm not just talking about that Washington fiasco. Wasn't it about 1978 when we beat Oklahoma regular season and then crapped the bed in a rematch with them? It's too hard in CFB to get motivated to play somebody you've already beat even without all the extra drama surrounding that UDub debacle.

It could very well happen with Ohio State this year. It could also turn out much like 99'.

Well let's just hope this isn't what happens. Nobody ever wants to see a same season rematch in a bowl game and especially not Nebraska fans. We don't have the best history in that department and I'm not just talking about that Washington fiasco. Wasn't it about 1978 when we beat Oklahoma regular season and then crapped the bed in a rematch with them? It's too hard in CFB to get motivated to play somebody you've already beat even without all the extra drama surrounding that UDub debacle.

It could very well happen with Ohio State this year. It could also turn out much like 99'.

Well a rematch in a CC game is a much different animal than a bowl game. Of course a rematch wouldn't be the worst thing for the team that lost first either.

Isn't this an odd scenario to be thinking about right now?

Yep, this above!thumb.png

A pony? This thread is about to get cray

Doubt that, but threw it in there because at this point and time, not sure how anyone can even daydream that far down the road. Daydreaming has its place, but being 3 - 0 is one less than 4 - 0, which is where we need our minds to be daydreaming.

I'm pretty sure that as fans, we are not required to keep our focus on our next opponent. We're allowed to daydream about what ifs. It's what we do. :)

• Fire 2

We are about to play our first conference opponent, and we're already discussing the possibility of a bowl rematch? I'm afraid what will be discussed when it's our bye week...

well hopefully we win because otherwise it will be about who our next coach is going to be lmao

Next coach discussion are for the game thread when we are behind :)

I messed up my right hand something terrible during that game. Living in a basement apartement, and forgetting how low the ceilings were, I jumped up from the couch to throw my hands in the air for a major "WTF!!!!" moment. Tore up the knuckles on the textured ceiling and broke two fingers. I HATE rematches....

• Fire 1

That game was the biggest possible mulligan for the Pelini era. How anyone could ever put any stock into how the game was going to, or did, play out, I just dont understand. Anyone with any pulse of football whatsoever wouldve known that game wasnt gonna go well. I'm shocked we kept it so close.

What?

It was a poor showing, for sure, but it's not like external events conspired to prevent the Huskers from having any chance from the moment bowl selection happened.

the point isnt about conspiring. Its that we already beat the hell out of that team. Theh were thrilled to be in that game and have another shot atbus. We put everything into a conference title and fiesta bowl shot and came up short. We didnt give a damn and they did. Of all pelinis losses, this is the one that mattered the least. I didnt give a damn and i would hope most other fans didnt either. It was 100% irrelevant to that team and completely untelling of that season. A mulligan.

Isn't this an odd scenario to be thinking about right now?

Yep, this above!thumb.png
A pony? This thread is about to get cray
Doubt that, but threw it in there because at this point and time, not sure how anyone can even daydream that far down the road. Daydreaming has its place, but being 3 - 0 is one less than 4 - 0, which is where we need our minds to be daydreaming.
I'm pretty sure that as fans, we are not required to keep our focus on our next opponent. We're allowed to daydream about what ifs. It's what we do. :)
exactly. Its gettin pretty old aroubd here folks tellin others to not look ahead and talk abot the future and such. Jesus. Off the high horse already. Were not the players and coaches. And im pretty sure this staff has the proper temprement enough to not overreact to every kneejerk the fanbase makes and let that sh#t in their heads and effect their focus and desire.

I guess the Rose bowl would do. I will never forgot how bad the Bridgepoint Education Bowl, also known as the Holiday Bowl. One hundred ninety eight total yards of offense leading to a 19-7 loss to a team we destroyed 56-21 earlier in the year with 533 yards of total offense. We were 9-1 that year, and finish with 3 losses in our last four games. Please do nt let that happen this year.

Seems like you didn't get the reaction you wanted from your OP, guessing it is time to give up.

Oregon isn't going to the Rose Bowl. You can count on that. I hope I'm wrong and Oregon wins out, but I think you'll see this weekend that Oregon needs some pick me up in every facet of a program. Recruiting down, coaching is sub-par, players don't play with the same tenacity as they did in the last 5 years. That actually started with DeAnthony Thomas in 2013. Was glad to get him out of the program.

Colorado will be a very difficult matchup for Oregon tomorrow. Especially if Sefo Luifao is healthy. Would suck to be Buff's fans if he is hurt. Don't think they can beat Oregon with out him.

Looks like you're putting the onus of that loss squarely on Oregon, as if Nebraska did nothing to take victory away from them.

That wasn't the game I saw. I saw an Oregon team with plenty of speed, good scheme, good execution, bad coaching decisions, but who just got outplayed.

I think Nebraska deserves more credit for that win than Oregon deserves for the loss.

• Fire 3

Looks like you're putting the onus of that loss squarely on Oregon, as if Nebraska did nothing to take victory away from them.

That wasn't the game I saw. I saw an Oregon team with plenty of speed, good scheme, good execution, bad coaching decisions, but who just got outplayed.

I think Nebraska deserves more credit for that win than Oregon deserves for the loss.

I'm not saying that at all.

I think Nebraska will win 11 maybe 12 games this year. Oregon won't. This game was a perfect match up in terms of scheme. Both teams were strong where the other team was weak.

I have no faith in Oregon's defense. Period. The PAC12 offenses are a much bigger issue for Oregon than the way NU's operates. That is NOT a slight toward NU it's just a different style of football. The rest of Oregon's schedule has the capability to put up 40+ points on Oregon's D. Maybe not Utah or USC but even still. Oregon's going to NEED to throw the ball down field much better if they want a shot at being a 10 win team. Possible. Just don't think Prukop has the arm strength that Mariota and VA had.

No slights toward NU. Not sure how you gathered that just because I think CU is much improved?

Also Knapp, you don't watch them each week every year like I do. This Oregon team is much much much less than what even 2009 was. In my opinion.

What I saw was two evenly matched teams. The difference between the W or the L was two things: penalties and coaching blunders.