WR Eric Fuller

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is probably as close to an explanation as any:

Kinda weird how this came out of nowhere without even a visit. Hope we are not just a place holder til something better comes along.

Careful....back then Rike Miley and I were negative nancies for pondering this
He had "better" offers already, so not sure it holds weight.
When one commits sight unseen that early in the process, plenty of weight is being held.

But then you get a kid like Willie Hampton that does the same thing and stays with it.

It's just difficult to predict although Fuller seems likely to go based on info swirling.

You make a valid point but there is also a difference between a mid-four-star in Los Angeles and a low-three-star.

You could throw guy Thomas in the commit unseen argument but I'm not sure which side he'd go in. He wasn't exactly a solid commit down the stretch but we ended up keeping him.
Didn't Willie Hampton have an uncle that played at Nebraska?? So at least he had some connection to nebraksa
IIRC Greg Simmons' godfather was Wonder Monds or something like that.
That's right, my bad

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really odd recruitment.

I just noticed that 247 still claims he is a commit. I'm assuming he will stay that way until he publicly says something to the contrary.

Do we know what happened here? Did our staff cool on him? Did he cool on us? What was the basis for Benning's statement?

Rumors swirling on another board that he either is in jail or facing jail time. No one saying/knows for what.

So perhaps coming here is no longer an option for him, one way or the other.

I read on another board that he isn't enrolled in the California Public Schools system.

Possibilities involving that are: he moved, is in juvenile/detention center or is dropped out of school.

All speculation though. This kid had been living in a rough neighborhood and didn't have a cell phone/internet even when he was fully committed and enrolled at Hawkins.

• Fire 1