Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

Figured I'd bump this bad boy back up for Sunday.

Found this site that allows you to create and vote on questions for Sunday's debate. ABC/CNN agreed to consider the top 30 questions. Who knows what "consider" actually means. Pretty interesting concept for involvement, though.

https://presidentialopenquestions.com

Personally I voted on this one here. It's from a 6 year old little girl with a 3 year old sister who have birthright citizenship from their undocumented parents. The question is powerful: "If you deport my parents, what happens to me?"

Obviously heart-wrenching, and the candidates could not be more diametrically opposed on their stances. I kind of feel like this question would sink Trump. Either he'd explain to a 6 year old girl that her parents are going on the other side of the wall (and her with them-- since he and Pence oppose birthright citizenship), or he backs out and immediately ticks off his base.

And you know TV producers would be falling all over themselves to get that drama on TV.

What I think really needs to be implemented is a way for the moderator to have actual control. Real easy solution - have mute buttons. Maybe I'm just being petty because I would love to see Trump squirm and fume trying to interject "WRONG" on everything Hillary says and have Anderson Cooper or whoever just make it so there's no noise coming out of his mic.

• Fire 2

What I think really needs to be implemented is a way for the moderator to have actual control. Real easy solution - have mute buttons. Maybe I'm just being petty because I would love to see Trump squirm and fume trying to interject "WRONG" on everything Hillary says and have Anderson Cooper or whoever just make it so there's no noise coming out of his mic.

Need Tony Reali to moderate.

forget the mute button...put shock collars on them.

So...

Trump is holding a press conference with all four of Bill Clinton's accusers right now, live on CNN.

You have gotta be kidding me. I am finding the commentary pretty interesting though.

Will this qualify for Pence and his request for contrition and humble apology?

I would hope not. I'd imagine this means the RNC is gone, and possibly Pence as well.

I will say this here and now, and stand by it: Republican elected officials are a bunch of pathetic, spineless wimps if they continue to stand by this man after this stunt. There is no more "well, Donald's not perfect, I don't agree with him on everything, but I believe he is the right choice for our country."

You OWN this. You endorsed this man. It was a mistake to do that in the first place. If you still stand by him after this, you deserve to go down in flames with him.

• Fire 1

I would hope not. I'd imagine this means the RNC is gone, and possibly Pence as well.

I will say this here and now, and stand by it: Republican elected officials are a bunch of pathetic, spineless wimps if they continue to stand by this man after this stunt. There is no more "well, Donald's not perfect, I don't agree with him on everything, but I believe he is the right choice for our country."

You OWN this. You endorsed this man. It was a mistake to do that in the first place. If you still stand by him after this, you deserve to go down in flames with him.

You mean like this?

• Fire 1