Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

This was a pathetic, flailing man trying to play completely to his base. He just destroyed his chances with anyone who is not in said base. He's a pathetic, sad, angry little man with no class, dignity, or knowledge in his head that applies to running our country.

Nice to see you again, bnil. I noticed you were conspicuously absent while Trump's campaign started to implode.

• Fire 5

I don't think she was as effective this time, but she was clearly more prepared, professional, and conveyed her policy better than Donald.

Wow.... Did we watch the same thing?

I heard "America is great because America is good" at least 3 times. That's a lack of words because he beat the crap out of her relentlessly.

She was noticeably flustered a majority of the debate because Trump was extremely well prepared, authentic, and assertive without being over the top.

Ok....trumps surrogates are claiming the jail comment was just a joke and he didn't mean it.

This is a prime example of him not having a clue about the phrase...."words matter".

Just like when he was joking about implying people should shoot Hillary Clinton if she wins the election.

Trump's last answer was actually really respectable. Seemed very genuine as well.

It would make sense given that he has donated to her before and spoken very fondly of her before me magically transformed into a Republican, but it doesn't make much sense because in the last debate he said she had no stamina.

If a Hillary supporter has the details on how Hillary plans to vet these refugees please share them.

I AM NOT A HILLARY SUPPORTER

Okay now that I got this out of the way since you seem to throw this around like candy, here's the vetting process as it exists now.

wh_blog_refugee_workflow_1125.jpg

• Fire 5

Ok....trumps surrogates are claiming the jail comment was just a joke and he didn't mean it.

This is a prime example of him not having a clue about the phrase...."words matter".

He wasn't joking. She SHOULD be in jail. His statement was a reference to the corrupt system that protected her from conviction.

Nice to see you again, bnil. I noticed you were conspicuously absent while Trump's campaign started to implode.

We all noticed bnil missing while Trump was celebrating sexual assault. You're not the only one.

Cue the "But Hillary defended a pedophile and laughed towards the family and what about Bill's victims!" response in 3...2....1....

• Fire 2

He wasn't joking. She SHOULD be in jail. His statement was a reference to the corrupt system that protected her from conviction.

So....you don't agree with his campaign.

I agree with him that she should be rotting in prison.

The American presidency for which Trump is running is not the American presidency we know: http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/9/13222826/donald-trump-debate-clinton-jail-dictator

But Trump doesn’t seem to care. As political scientist Brendan Nyhan has written, Trump “exploits the appeal of presidential omnipotence by contrasting his supposedly decisive style of business leadership as a real estate magnate with the compromises, inertia and policy failures that are inevitable in politics.” The hope was always that Trump knew better than his grand promises suggest. Tonight, he made it clear he doesn’t.

Later in the night, Trump was asked about his running mate’s statements on Russia, and he made clear how little influence Pence has over his campaign, and how little interest Trump has in his counsel. "He and I haven't spoken, and I disagree," Trump brutally replied.

The message: Trump listens to no one, and is held back by no one.

I agree with him that she should be rotting in prison.
So....his campaign manager doesn't agree with him?

And....you do know that it is not in the power of the president to jail political rivals??? Or....really anyone????

On healthcare: http://www.vox.com/2016/10/9/13222688/clinton-trump-obamacare-debate

This was really one of the more illuminating segments of the debate, I thought. It's hard to put to words how incoherent the answer given by Trump was.

We've had one referendum over the ACA, and that was in 2012. Dismantling it now is the policy platform DJT is actually committing to. So, amazingly, another referendum on the ACA is exactly what is facing us.