Have any opinions changed about this staff?

Have opinions changed on this staff?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

your admitting that you are only here to troll husker fans? i had always thought that about you...but nice to see it confirmed.

I guess I parted ways with "Husker fans" when they started injecting themselves into the spotlight as much or more than the team or the game. Look at all of the angst about whether "WE keep OUR sellout record."

Look at how many people here fell all over themselves to see who could be the nicest to an obvious Oregon Duck troll who ended up making @sses out of them a few weeks back...because they wanted to prove just how wonderful they were to each other and to him.

Look at all of the posts castigating "the blue hairs" who won't (or can't) stand all game and are perfectly willing to be @sshats and block their view to prove that, although they are lousy human beings, are "the world's greatest fans" for doing so.

Look at the venom and hate Pelini invoked because he was mad at the fans after the Ohio State victory and said that Nebraska could kiss his @ss...conveniently forgetting that it came after he took great offense of Husker fans booing his team at the half. (After the comeback win, notice how it went from being "Pelini's team" to "OUR" team) I still have the picture...do you want to see it again, or do you want to explain it away (again) with out seeing a disgusted Bo waving off "The world's greatest fans"?

And THAT was Pelini's one, great unforgivable sin: He didn't love Nebraska fans as much as they thought he should have, and Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned. Sort of like Texas is with everybody leaving the Big 12.

Anyhow, one person's troll may be nothing more than a mirror that tells the Evil Queen that she might not be "the fairest of them all." Either way, I can live with it. Can you live with the fact that some people might not think Nebraska fans are all that they make themselves out to be?

doubling down on the confirmation. all i need to know.

• Fire 1

your admitting that you are only here to troll husker fans? i had always thought that about you...but nice to see it confirmed.

I guess I parted ways with "Husker fans" when they started injecting themselves into the spotlight as much or more than the team or the game. Look at all of the angst about whether "WE keep OUR sellout record."

Look at how many people here fell all over themselves to see who could be the nicest to an obvious Oregon Duck troll who ended up making @sses out of them a few weeks back...because they wanted to prove just how wonderful they were to each other and to him.

Look at all of the posts castigating "the blue hairs" who won't (or can't) stand all game and are perfectly willing to be @sshats and block their view to prove that, although they are lousy human beings, are "the world's greatest fans" for doing so.

Look at the venom and hate Pelini invoked because he was mad at the fans after the Ohio State victory and said that Nebraska could kiss his @ss...conveniently forgetting that it came after he took great offense of Husker fans booing his team at the half. (After the comeback win, notice how it went from being "Pelini's team" to "OUR" team) I still have the picture...do you want to see it again, or do you want to explain it away (again) with out seeing a disgusted Bo waving off "The world's greatest fans"?

And THAT was Pelini's one, great unforgivable sin: He didn't love Nebraska fans as much as they thought he should have, and Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned. Sort of like Texas is with everybody leaving the Big 12.

Anyhow, one person's troll may be nothing more than a mirror that tells the Evil Queen that she might not be "the fairest of them all." Either way, I can live with it. Can you live with the fact that some people might not think Nebraska fans are all that they make themselves out to be?

Wow. I feel sorry for you man.

• Fire 2

Running the ball isn't new to Riley. Why people consist on saying he doesn't like to run the ball is beyond me.

Last year, Armstrong passed 31 times against Illinois and Nebraska lost.

Last year, Riley had the back up quarterback throw 48 times against Purdue and Nebraska lost.

Those two games might be responsible for some of that perception.

Wow. I feel sorry for you man

Do you feel sorry for the old timers ("blue hairs") who have been buying tickets since Devaney's time and now are considered pariahs by many Nebraska fans?

There was a guy who posted here and was proud of the fact that he was involved in an altercation and got someone kicked out of the game because he was blocking this guy's view and refused to sit. Do you feel sorry for the guy who got kicked out, or are you proud that two of the "World's Greatest Fans" behaved that way to prove their loyalty?

"I'm such a good fan, I'll keep you from seeing the game!"

"Well I'm a better fan, because I'm going to push you down the stairs to see the game!"

Anyhow, last season was more than a little bit of Schadenfreude for me, but this year is different, as far as the team goes.

Given how Oregon State was consistently a 1-2 win program before Riley, and they seem to be headed that way again after Riley, even with Splash Hire Gary Andersen, it still befuddles the mind that people where giving Riley sh#t for what he was able to do there.

kansas st with/without Snyder

Iowa St after they got overzealous and forced Dan McCarney out

Kansas after they got greedy and fired Mangino

It's gonna be very interesting to see what happens to Michigan St after Dantonio, whether it be sooner or later. Of coures that's not a real good comparison cuz Dantonio has quite a bit of substance.

hell, look at Nebraska since Osborne.

Given how Oregon State was consistently a 1-2 win program before Riley, and they seem to be headed that way again after Riley, even with Splash Hire Gary Andersen, it still befuddles the mind that people where giving Riley sh#t for what he was able to do there.

I had watched MR and OSU for a time. It really was pretty remarkable what he did at program like Oregon St. that has such bad history in football and sports in general. When BP was hired back in 07 I thought MR would have been a good candidate for the job. No, he never reached the heights of a Bill Snyder at KSU, but he had a pretty good run at a similar school. To be even a .500 coach at a school like OSU over that long of a period is pretty good. Most guys don't stay around long enough to do that. They usually make their mark and move on.

I find it odd that no one saw that Oregon St. dip started with the big rise at Oregon?

I was surprised that SE went and hired MR it really was an out of left field and out of the box hire. At the time of the hire I really knew very little about anybody on his staff. So I was open minded. I think the majority of Nebraska fans were ready for a change with the firing of BP. I don't think most of the players were ready for that change, which can make for a pretty tough situation for a new coach. He had to win over his players. For 6 months he did all the right things to win fans and his players over.

Then they lose their first game of the season to a decent BYU team. That was the key to last season IMO. The manner in which they lost really put doubt in a lot of players mind. They win that game and they are probably winning 8 games in my mind. We know what happend after that. In the middle of the season when things were looking bleak I really had my doubts. But they do get some positive things going towards the end of the season.

I think we lost some talented guys from last years team that were not giving full effort. I think hiring of Parella was great. I personally thought we could be at 5-0 at this point and am happy that they are. I am pretty happy with the way the staff is coaching and recruiting right now. I think they are getting really good effort from a a little above average talented team.

I am ready to see how the rest of the season plays out.

• Fire 1

I truly do not remember all these positive/positive comments.

It was what the F--k, we need a big name, Who is this loser.

So glad he is here. Don't really think we could have done better. Doubt anyone could have turned around this dumpster fire as quickly.

Oh POSITIVE/POSITIVE!!!!

Really? There were some very heated arguments over the last 12-18 months on this hire. If there wasn't anyone who was having a positive attitude towards him, who were the negative attitudes arguing with?

Wow. I feel sorry for you man

Do you feel sorry for the old timers ("blue hairs") who have been buying tickets since Devaney's time and now are considered pariahs by many Nebraska fans?

There was a guy who posted here and was proud of the fact that he was involved in an altercation and got someone kicked out of the game because he was blocking this guy's view and refused to sit. Do you feel sorry for the guy who got kicked out, or are you proud that two of the "World's Greatest Fans" behaved that way to prove their loyalty?

"I'm such a good fan, I'll keep you from seeing the game!"

"Well I'm a better fan, because I'm going to push you down the stairs to see the game!"

Anyhow, last season was more than a little bit of Schadenfreude for me, but this year is different, as far as the team goes.

I feel sorry for anyone that was disappointed and heartbroken with a bad season last year. It sucked for everyone, the "blue hairs" as you call them (or the long term supporters as I'd refer to them as) and the young ones.

I think the number of a$$holes who stood up and fought and etc. last year is the minority of fans and that on the whole we are a respective fan base, especially compared to other college and pro teams.

I just think you sound so angry and bitter and life is too short man.

Wow Dude....find a happy place and spend some time there. You obviously still have some pent up anger with the firing of Bo. I'm sorry to see that. I hope some day you can be able to relax and enjoy Husker football again.

• Fire 1

MSU will be interesting. That was a program that for YEARS was basically lucky to win 6 or 7 games...Now they had some great seasons for about the past 6 years or so...what happens next will be fun to watch.

MSU is struggling for 3 reasons IMO.

1. This is year 2 without Narduzzi and it is showing in the defense. They are not nearly as shut down as there were.

2. They basically had 6 straght years of great QB play. Kirk Cousins and then Conner Cook were money for them for that time period. They are not getting that from their QB this year.

3. To a lesser extent they have lost their edge, they have always played with a chip on their shoulders and I think they are a little full of themselves.

They will most likely get the chip back now that they have lost a couple of games. Even with that they still most likely lose to OSU and Meechicken.

Jeebus. Has Bowfin always been such a miserable, insufferable old codger?

Without me grounding you guys in reality, you might be headed for the far side of SEC fandom...and I don't even want to see that!

You sure spend a lot of time on a Husker fan board for someone who has disassociated himself from Husker fans. Are you above "us guys" in some way, In your opinion?

• Fire 2

BigRed, I misread the post. I took it as from the beginning. After the bowl game things have changed, but when he was hired there was a negative fire storm. Tressel was the cry for most. Hard not to have wanted him. But as I stated then, the owner of the company I sold is a huge SC supporter, and he was happy when Mike Riley left Oregon State, his comments then, something along the line of, he may not win every game, but he wins the important ones, with the benefits that Nebraska gives him, he will be a force in a couple of years.

I watched the Rodgers (spelling) brothers tear #1 and #3 USC to pieces a couple of years.

Mike Riley knew, and knows how to run the ball.

I would call myself his biggest fan on this board, as I was absolutely the top fan against the past coach, from day one. But I do not expect unrealistic performances. I expect a team to play to the best of their ability (not done last year up to Purdue), the staff to do their best. I never expect or demand championships, just the effort to win those championships. I do not think we will see, a team that does not try, that quits, that gives up. They may get beat badly by Ohio State, but I do not expect the embarrassment the past staff put on the field in nearly every important game.

I am hoping he retires here, with everyone happy that he does. I may have become a bigger Mike Riley fan than I am a Nebraska fan. He is a great person, a very good coach, and someone I would send my son to. He may not be a Nebraskan, but he represents everything good about Nebraska. That really is all I want to see. And a lot of wins. lol

• Fire 3