Have any opinions changed about this staff?

Have opinions changed on this staff?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a quick anonymous poll to gauge if anyone's basic view on Riley and this staff have changed for anyone. I get the feeling that most of the posters who really dislike Riley as the Husker's coach are still here but are simply waiting for the screw-up to happen. Then they will come back out of the woodwork.

Edit: I didn't include all the options, because I don't think very many people's views have soured on Riley compared to last year. I could be wrong. Let me know.

Good thread. I went with "I was skeptical but patient then - now I'm positive" based on what I believe to be Riley's philosophy of using the talent he has to create a game plan for that season.

Really wish he would have shown more of that adaptability last season, of course. But he has made up for it so far.

The cherry on top is the recruiting buzz surrounding having lots of highly-touted kids show up for visits. I think Riley's ceiling is higher than Bo's, and right now that's all that really matters, in my mind.

• Fire 1

I have been pleased with everyone but a few. Doesn't mean I am totally against them, just not sure they are on the same level as the others on the staff. Of course I would say most were skeptical last season since we only won 5 games, and the hire was out of nowhere. We seem to have found a groove with Riley and co.

If I had to choose who I would want to keep the most, I would have them in this order:

Williams

Parrella

Langs

Bray

Cav

Banker

Stewart

Davis

Read

I was negative - who is this guy we just hired. Then after last year. Things started to turn for me with his recruiting, the spring game, his positive attitude. I'm positive now that we will be respectful. Not positive we'll win a NC with him but that we will be represented well, the players will be coached well and that we will have a better image as a whole.

I think we can see the program improving over the next few years wt his recruits. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do wt his style of QB in place.

• Fire 1

I don't know how to answer.

I was positive, then skeptical, then negative, came back to positive but skeptical but generally more pleased.

It's not so much Riley for me. I've been pretty happy with him. I still have some lingering doubts about our special teams (Read), Banker D, and Langs (although Langs seems to be calling a much better game so far this year....and Banker has also to some extent).

If the bend but don't break, stop the run at the expense of giving up passing yards type defense gets the job done, then I'm okay with it. Still annoyed that we don't generate more pressure more often but hey, I prefer an aggressive defense. And I'll be happy with Langs and Riley as long as when we get in a tough game they don't panic and totally abandon the run when it has been working like happened so many times last year. That is going to take quite a few more games to get my trust back. I had my doubts last year but have seen some signs this year that they may be getting there. MY other big complaint has been clock management and grinding it out on the ground when it makes sense. That problem doesn't seem to have raised it's ugly head this year.

I guess right now I'm positive, still skeptical and patient and overall pretty pleased.

I don't know how to answer.

I was positive, then skeptical, then negative, came back to positive but skeptical but generally more pleased.

I'm sure many of us have been all over the map like that. That's why I was very specific on your opinion at a given moment in time (right after the bowl win) vs right now. I figure that at that point we had the full picture of what had happened that season.

• Fire 1

Positive - positive.

I wasn't around last year to fight the fight here on the board weekly, but pretty much ANYBODY who replaced Bo was an upgrade and positive move for this program in my opinion.

Now I'm always an optimist (to a fault and pay for it sometimes) and i truly believe that if you do the right things good will happen. Mike embodies that, and we're due. He's surrounded himself with similarly strong coaches that compliment him and supplement where he is weak. We may not go undefeated this year, we may not get to the championship, but similar to the fact that i'd rather be unranked and climb, I'd rather build a solid, meant to last program that improves year over year consistently than go from hero to zero.

• Fire 2

Positive then, positive now. I was pretty down on the staff until the MSU game, then they started playing some football. Lots of things going on last year during the transition that didn't make it smooth.

So far this year, I think they've done a really good job of putting guys in position to succeed. I feel our weaknesses are largely personnel related and there isn't much to be done about that this year.

Would like to see DPE taken off the leash more often on PR, he's too much of a weapon for us. About the only complaint I have.