Have any opinions changed about this staff?

Have opinions changed on this staff?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Negative now optimistically skeptical. Last year, I saw a lot of bone headed calls/decisions that had me saying this is why the guy is a .504 career coach.

This season, he has embraced a dual threat QB, continues the use of the FB, has assembled a good staff IMO, has not had any poor coaching decisions and has done a very good job thus far. I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I would rate him as a good hire at this point deserving of implementing his system and getting in his kids. He and the staff, and team has shown improvement in all areas save ST.

Most importantly, I give him high praise for keeping the team focused with a lot of distractions not related to football and having kids keep their eyes on the prize that is bigger than football. Life.

I'm much less of a critic of coaches than most people are, at least online, I think (For example, I have no negative thoughts towards Tim Beck or Shawn Watson or their offenses, for the most part), and enjoyed our coaches as people and mostly appreciated their approach last season, sad for them and the players that it ended so badly. I don't necessarily believe that Riley will win us a B1G championship, but I think he'll keep us at least as competitive as Pelini did in conference and will probably retire in another 4-6 seasons leaving a healthy, capable program to be taken over by some younger hands and we'll look back very fondly on his time here.

Anyways, as far as being an ambassador, and a teacher of young men, I can't think of anyone better in all of football.

• Fire 2

I truly do not remember all these positive/positive comments.

It was what the F--k, we need a big name, Who is this loser.

So glad he is here. Don't really think we could have done better. Doubt anyone could have turned around this dumpster fire as quickly.

Oh POSITIVE/POSITIVE!!!!

They should have been 5-0 last year...

This year they are 5-0 and have run the ball 63% of the time

I am impressed that the STAFF has learned new tricks. I am impressed that they realized they could win without doing it "their way" but by doing it the way that was best for the desired results.

Any negative feelings fans had were brought on by the staff themselves.

• Fire 1

the hard core Riley haters are lying low for now. they will be back in force once Nebraska loses a game

.I think if you could have separated Riley from all of those guys that went on and on about Pelini dumping Nebraska, there probably aren't any "Riley Haters", as much as there was extreme dislike for those who raved about Riley just because they hated that Pelini dissed them in some way, thinking everything Nebraska is all about the almighty fan base (read "me").

Honestly, I enjoyed watching many sputter and splutter and choke on several great big helpings of crow after blowing and crowing about how "Anybody can get nine wins at Nebraska!!"...and then having to get slapped in the face by reality. The Purdue game was especially gratifying.

Now that is done, I would like to see Nebraska beat Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota in the same year. I want Nebraska to surpass Texas and Notre Dame in ALL of the listings for all time wins. I would like to see a B1G championship...but everything in its own time. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it if I didn't get to have last season first.

Good thread. I went with "I was skeptical but patient then - now I'm positive" based on what I believe to be Riley's philosophy of using the talent he has to create a game plan for that season.

Really wish he would have shown more of that adaptability last season, of course. But he has made up for it so far.

The cherry on top is the recruiting buzz surrounding having lots of highly-touted kids show up for visits. I think Riley's ceiling is higher than Bo's, and right now that's all that really matters, in my mind.

Shhh, anonymous

I think MR is at the right place at the right time. As a team, organization and University, we needed a coach with his demeanor and temperament, even if the only reason was he is the exact opposite of his predisessor. I truly hope he continues to have success as lord knows, we need the stability and he and his staff are making headway on the recruiting front.Could not ask the man for more than being 5 -0 at this point, but as mentioned herein, the meat of the schedule is forthcoming!

the hard core Riley haters are lying low for now. they will be back in force once Nebraska loses a game

.I think if you could have separated Riley from all of those guys that went on and on about Pelini dumping Nebraska, there probably aren't any "Riley Haters", as much as there was extreme dislike for those who raved about Riley just because they hated that Pelini dissed them in some way, thinking everything Nebraska is all about the almighty fan base (read "me").

Honestly, I enjoyed watching many sputter and splutter and choke on several great big helpings of crow after blowing and crowing about how "Anybody can get nine wins at Nebraska!!"...and then having to get slapped in the face by reality. The Purdue game was especially gratifying.

Now that is done, I would like to see Nebraska beat Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota in the same year. I want Nebraska to surpass Texas and Notre Dame in ALL of the listings for all time wins. I would like to see a B1G championship...but everything in its own time. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it if I didn't get to have last season first.

I forgot about that "anyone can win 9"