Huskers top running QBs of all time. Who ya got?

NUance

Where does Tommy fall in our list of running QBs? Not passing, mind you. Feet only. Here's my list. (YouTube highlights of each guy in LINKs.)

#1 Taylor Martinez. LINK Played hurt most of the last couple years. But when he was healthy he was a threat to take it to the house on every play.

#2 Tommy Armstrong. LINK LINK Doesn't have the breakaway speed of Martinez or Crouch, but bigger and stronger. Look at how much of our offense TA's feet produce.

#3 Eric Crouch. LINK Dude was fast. And, pound for pound, one the toughest guys we've had at QB. Did I mention how fast he was?

#4 Tommie Frazier. LINK Okay, I know a lot of folks will have Tommie higher on this list. After all, he had The Runthe single greatest play in cfb history. But, JMHO.

#5 Jamal Lord. LINK Most underrated running QB in Husker history. Dude was a baller. He could move the rock. Maybe should be higher on this list?

Who ya got for top five? (Or top ten? or whatever?)

Note: Lots of NSFW f-bombs in the lyrics of those LINKed youtube highlights. :lol:

• Fire 1

In terms of running ability of our pure options QBs:

1. Crouch - The gold standard.

2. Martinez - His injuries really derailed his career.

3. Frazier - Not as fast as the top 2, but more instinctual.

4. Frost - Was a maestro at running the option, especially timing his pitches. A bulldozer.

5. Lord - Very underrated. Broke most of Crouch's records.