Bubba S

I am I

Just read an article about Tebiw over on foxsports.com and his baseball try. Kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt. I was wondering if he was a draft prospect for MLB coming out of HS.

Then I thought about one Bubba Starling. He must be 22-23 yrs old by now? How is his baseball going? Is he worse or better than tebow is now at 30? Do we still "own his rights" if he leaves baseball? Since Bo recruited him, does the coaching change affect? Would we have to honor his scholly if he dropped baseball and tried out for college football? Would we still want him?

• Fire 1

I don't think his scholarship would still be there for him, unless we offered him a new one. Scholarships are presented for a specific year, and since he didn't come here, he technically turned it down. Not sure of how his career is going, but I also don't think we would want to offer him a scholarship if he decided to come back to football, unless he was heavily evaluated in regards to his ability. I can't imagine he would be as good as he once was, though, he could probably get back into football shape.

Bubba was in Triple-A Omaha at the end of the year. While he did struggle hitting, the Royals love his speed and athleticism. He is nowhere near giving up baseball, and even if he did, I doubt he would go back to the grind of college football. He was not a NFL style QB like Chris Weinke or Brandon Weeden, so he wouldn't really have a future in the NFL.

• Fire 1

Bubba was in Triple-A Omaha at the end of the year. While he did struggle hitting, the Royals love his speed and athleticism. He is nowhere near giving up baseball, and even if he did, I doubt he would go back to the grind of college football. He was not a NFL style QB like Chris Weinke or Brandon Weeden, so he wouldn't really have a future in the NFL.

Russel Wilson says hi....

• Fire 1

I completely agree with you, but I really hate that phrase.

But Russel Wilson was playing football in college the entire time he was playing baseball in the Rockies organization.

Yeah, Starling could attempt to play football in college for a free education and to hit on hot college girls for 4 years. But, he's probably not doing it for a future career in the NFL. Starling would be 27-28 years old by the time he would be ready to play in the NFL, and NFL teams aren't going to invest a high draft choice for that age of rookie QB.