Even with this loss

I don't know if it was actually meant in jest by some/many who have said it. I think their argument is that we're better than Iowa, because the only times they played good teams they got dominated, and we only lost close.

Doesn't make any sense, but not a lot often does when it comes to Nebraska fan wanting to put down the Hawkeyes.

Indeed there are many season goals and objectives thare remain possible for this team but let us all be realistic here. We are less likely to defeat Ohio State than Wiscy and I think if one goes back to the preseason predictions on this board, one would find only a small handful of 'win them all' forecasts. Most expected us to lose to Oregon, Wiscy, Ohio State and a couple others mixed in as well. I think we might well lose just two in the regular season and that has to be cheered as a dramatic step forward, especially IF we can keep this next game reasonably close (under 20 points would be a good job in my view - don't bite my head off for this but we are beat up, tired, traveling, and the Buckeyes are still playing for a chance at all the marbles too). We don't need this one to make the CCG if those badgers drop one and NW might just outscore them with a better offense. That would give Wiscy three losses and Iowa will have as many as we do as well. Don't count us out. We can win our games after Saturday night I am confident if we can get people healed up for the final stretch. That CCGame will be a 'wild card' and on any given Saturday night in the Big Ten, it can happen. We don't play for the national title with two losses but then again, you never know what can hapen as maybe the Big Ten champs will look better than a two loss Big 12 or two loss Pac 10 or two loss SEC team.

Never say never anymore. Just win our winnables and get one big shot at the Big Ten East champs. In a one game play-off like that, who knows?

• Fire 1

Indeed there are many season goals and objectives thare remain possible for this team but let us all be realistic here. We are less likely to defeat Ohio State than Wiscy and I think if one goes back to the preseason predictions on this board, one would find only a small handful of 'win them all' forecasts. Most expected us to lose to Oregon, Wiscy, Ohio State and a couple others mixed in as well. I think we might well lose just two in the regular season and that has to be cheered as a dramatic step forward, especially IF we can keep this next game reasonably close (under 20 points would be a good job in my view - don't bite my head off for this but we are beat up, tired, traveling, and the Buckeyes are still playing for a chance at all the marbles too). We don't need this one to make the CCG if those badgers drop one and NW might just outscore them with a better offense. That would give Wiscy three losses and Iowa will have as many as we do as well. Don't count us out. We can win our games after Saturday night I am confident if we can get people healed up for the final stretch. That CCGame will be a 'wild card' and on any given Saturday night in the Big Ten, it can happen. We don't play for the national title with two losses but then again, you never know what can hapen as maybe the Big Ten champs will look better than a two loss Big 12 or two loss Pac 10 or two loss SEC team.

Never say never anymore. Just win our winnables and get one big shot at the Big Ten East champs. In a one game play-off like that, who knows?

I agree with most of this post. I do feel like Ohio State is beatable, but it would be a massive upset.

Gosh. I gotta say. I dont we played well. Doin the rewatch like i do im just not seein it. Now thats not tobe confused withplaying hard. Manthese guy were ballin last night. But play well? Eh. Coulda been a lot better. Even on defense. Got real sloppy with outside zone and stretch. Obviously the struggles on O are well documented from oline play, to qb play and confusing playcalling to overall off gameplan. I think it feels like theres some folks who saw us keep fighting down 10 in the third and actually not just get raped up thre for a change that its still kind of satisfying and seen as progress and mistaken for playing well. In actual we just didnt. Lot left out there.

Dude, quit. It wasn't a down game. It was two top 10 teams that went to OT. You have your opinion of the staff and our talent level and you are in the minority in most cases, now there isn't anything wrong with being in the minority. However, trying to play this game off, as if, we crapped the bed is way off line.

Dude, quit. It wasn't a down game. It was two top 10 teams that went to OT. You have your opinion of the staff and our talent level and you are in the minority in most cases, now there isn't anything wrong with being in the minority. However, trying to play this game off, as if, we crapped the bed is way off line.

Never once said we crapped the bed in the game and I actually said the opposite in my original post after game. But I happen to think NU was more talented than Wisconsin and should have won that game.

Again CM, talent and recruiting is at that time.

We are injured all along the line, RB and QB.

We may have a little more talent vs projected starters, but we do not have the depth and that is where we need to improve. Do you feel the staff is working in the right direction on that.

Wisconsin had depth on the Oline and Dline. We do not, that hurt us last night, and has an affect on play calling and game planning.

We have a tough game next weekend, actually most left are going to be good tests. We will get everyone's best shot.

Again CM, talent and recruiting is at that time.

We are injured all along the line, RB and QB.

We may have a little more talent vs projected starters, but we do not have the depth and that is where we need to improve. Do you feel the staff is working in the right direction on that.

Wisconsin had depth on the Oline and Dline. We do not, that hurt us last night, and has an affect on play calling and game planning.

We have a tough game next weekend, actually most left are going to be good tests. We will get everyone's best shot.

And again, the link I posted to the current roster talent ranking was as of 10/26.

You need to understand that Wisconsin was beat up too. Everyone is this time of year.

College football is about explosive plays. And NU has many more explosive players than Wisconsin.

By the way, what facts indicate that Wisconsin is more talented on the OL than NU? I looked at their depth chart and it's composed of walkons and d-111 transfers. Their best OL was a low 3*

well. If he said anything in regards to oline talent youd have a point

*cm re reads post. Like 12 times*

*cm sees he is wrong*

*cm proceeds to change the subject to how Riley refuses to use E85 gasoline in his prius*

• Fire 2

In my opinion, the team played great but we lost the game for three reasons:

(1) Langsdorf made some questionable play calls when we could have easily put the game away at the end of regulation and go out with a field goal. Drew Brown has been on fire but Langsdorf was focused on the big play rather than just get close enough to get the field goal try.

(2) We had absolutely no answer to that schmuck Obunbowale. He ran wild on us and every time Wisconsin needed a first down, he got it for them.

(3) The refs killed us in OT by not calling an OBVIOUS pass interference on Westy. If they call that, we get four more chances at the end zone.

Other than that, I am thrilled that our team is competing. I do not care if we blow teams out of the park as long as we compete and we, ourselves, dont get blown out of the park. I think we can hang with anyone in the top ten, which is something I could not say in the past ten years. Even with the loss, we only dropped to number 9 and 10, which we can easily climb up if we win out. That shows me that the voters saw that Wisconsin was not the better team. They were just lucky and benefited from the NONCALLS of the referees. Even their touchdown was in part by the referee giving Wisconsin a first down when their receiver was clearly out a whole yard short. Instead of fourth down, it was first down and they went on to score their second touchdown. To me, it seemed like BTN and the refs had a lot more to gain by Wisconsin winning and making the west race interesting. I am really upset that the BTN analyst douchbags did not even comment on the obvious pass interference when the commentators clearly indicated that it was a CLEAR NON CALL.

This loss hurts for sure but I am very optimistic going to the OSU game, especially after watching NW really dominate them at their own home.

GO BIG RED!!

By the way, what facts indicate that Wisconsin is more talented on the OL than NU? I looked at their depth chart and it's composed of walkons and d-111 transfers. Their best OL was a low 3*

well. If he said anything in regards to oline talent youd have a point

*cm re reads post. Like 12 times*

*cm sees he is wrong*

*cm proceeds to change the subject to how Riley refuses to use E85 gasoline in his prius*

He said they have depth and that NU doesn't.