Even with this loss

I don't know if it was actually meant in jest by some/many who have said it. I think their argument is that we're better than Iowa, because the only times they played good teams they got dominated, and we only lost close.

Doesn't make any sense, but not a lot often does when it comes to Nebraska fan wanting to put down the Hawkeyes.

Still a closet Hawkeye fan I see

Iowa was bashed all last year for being overrated and scheduling sh*tty non conference games like Pittsburgh. Jeez how many times can Iowa schedule that University in a 10 year span? Iowa dodged OSU, Michigan State, Michigan and Penn State last year. We've played those teams more than Iowa has since we've joined the B1G.

Iowa got exposed last year in allowing a 8-9 minute 4th quarter drive in the title game, got curbed stomped in the Rose Bowl and the icing on the cake was getting beat at home as the #13 team in the nation by an FCS North Dakota State team.

Nebraska actually takes scheduling non conference games more seriously than Iowa and comparing Nebraska to Iowa of last year is laughable and insulting.

Because Iowa went undefeated, I would imagine :P

That one flew right over my head.

Clearly.

The comparisons to Iowa were because Iowa didn't lose in the regular season but they didn't play anyone decent until the B1G title.

Now that we've lost, we won't have to hear how we're 2016 Iowa. It was clearly supposed to be a joke. Like, "thank goodness we lost, now we don't have to hear that anymore."

When you have to explain a joke, it loses much of its humor. I caught on right away and it was damn funny imo. :D

Riley has done an amazing job of turning this program around, remember a few years ago when we play Wisconsin and were humiliated on national TV? Riley still needs another year or two of getting his recruits in here and we will be owning the West. I am really proud of how the team played even in a loss.

And even if we lose to Ohio State (probable but we could upset them) and win the rest of our games, we will have had a great turnaround this season and the future is only looking brighter.

By the way, what facts indicate that Wisconsin is more talented on the OL than NU? I looked at their depth chart and it's composed of walkons and d-111 transfers. Their best OL was a low 3*

well. If he said anything in regards to oline talent youd have a point

*cm re reads post. Like 12 times*

*cm sees he is wrong*

*cm proceeds to change the subject to how Riley refuses to use E85 gasoline in his prius*

He said they have depth and that NU doesn't.

depth and talent are exclusive qualities of one another.

Our Oline is as talented as their's. our Dline is too. But they have 8 guys rotating in and out, with little drop off in talent. We can barely field 5 capable-enough guys. On the dline, our lack of experienced depth really rared it's ugly head by the 4th quarter. Their pin/pull counter schemes and outside zone started to take their toll and the dline angles and 2nd level fits became just a tad bit slow. it's why they rushed for as many yards in the 4th as they did the rest of the game. it wasnt scheme. It was wear and tear.

Our lines are as talented if not more..

Our lines are not as deep.

he said they have more depth.

Nothing he said was false.

I avoid HB and all things Husker for 24 hours, but I can't believe the number of people bitching about this loss. Can you really not look beyond the loss and look at the progress this team has made? There is clear and obvious improvement year over year for the first time in a decade or longer. People were waiting for us to be exposed as a fraud, and this game proved otherwise. We belong in the conversation of the best teams in the country. OSU is no longer the sure loss that many of us had figured at the beginning of the year. I don't think that game is going to be any tougher than Wisconsin and if we manage to pull it off we are suddenly in the playoff discussion. Even if we don't, we should still get to that magical 9-win Pelini plateau that some of you wish we had back. Recruiting is better, morale is better, and our coaching is better. Yes it sucks to lose this one, but this one hurts because we were so close to beating a top 10 team which would have put us right back up in the elite echelon. It sure beats the feeling of embarrassment that I've had to deal with after so many of these big time games. It feels good that I can be proud of the team after a loss. Bring on the Buckeyes!

I avoid HB and all things Husker for 24 hours, but I can't believe the number of people bitching about this loss. Can you really not look beyond the loss and look at the progress this team has made? There is clear and obvious improvement year over year for the first time in a decade or longer. People were waiting for us to be exposed as a fraud, and this game proved otherwise. We belong in the conversation of the best teams in the country. OSU is no longer the sure loss that many of us had figured at the beginning of the year. I don't think that game is going to be any tougher than Wisconsin and if we manage to pull it off we are suddenly in the playoff discussion. Even if we don't, we should still get to that magical 9-win Pelini plateau that some of you wish we had back. Recruiting is better, morale is better, and our coaching is better. Yes it sucks to lose this one, but this one hurts because we were so close to beating a top 10 team which would have put us right back up in the elite echelon. It sure beats the feeling of embarrassment that I've had to deal with after so many of these big time games. It feels good that I can be proud of the team after a loss. Bring on the Buckeyes!

THIS! And I may steal your 24 hour rule - coming on this site is horrible during and right after the game.

People have actually reacted pretty calmly/positively to this loss.

Yeah. The fans of Riley applauded our players and coaches for a hard fought, tight game at Camp Randallone of the most hostile environments in college football.

Plus, we got the added bonus of a couple of self-proclaimed Pelini lovers who came back from their absence during our unbeaten streak to do a victory dance in all the threads on HB. So there's that.

• Fire 2

Yeah. The fans of Riley applauded our players and coaches for a hard fought, tight game at Camp Randallone of the most hostile environments in college football.

Plus, we got the added bonus of a couple of self-proclaimed Pelini lovers who came back from their absence during our unbeaten streak to do a victory dance in all the threads on HB. So there's that.

I've seen zero victory dances.

If you're referring to my response to a clear troll thread (wisky troll pulls one off line about pelini and makes that his title), that was not a victory dance. It was an exaggerated statement in response to a troll.

The only thing I find odd is how many people will sift through any outcome to find even the most tenuous evidence that we are further along today than we were before. All while ignoring that this staff has struggled to win (and has lost) against some very poor competition.

The real interesting question will be whether this is a 2005 type season or truly a sign that this staff can put together championship runs.

I've seen zero victory dances.

If you're referring to my response to a clear troll thread (wisky troll pulls one off line about pelini and makes that his title), that was not a victory dance. It was an exaggerated statement in response to a troll.

The only thing I find odd is how many people will sift through any outcome to find even the most tenuous evidence that we are further along today than we were before. All while ignoring that this staff has struggled to win (and has lost) against some very poor competition.

The real interesting question will be whether this is a 2005 type season or truly a sign that this staff can put together championship runs.

A Wisconsin fan started a thread complementing us for the close, hard fought gameas opposed to getting blown out like we did three out of the four times we played them before Riley took over. I'm not sure who would consider that a troll thread, other than perhaps a Pelini fan. And your post didn't seem like exaggeration. It seems like that's what you actually think.

• Fire 2

Did nobody inform you we started a new season?

• Fire 1

I'm referring to struggling against bad teams this season. Week in and week out, NU has looked ok against bad teams. I get that you can't win every game in blow out fashion and that good teams sometimes struggle.

But, NU has not dominated a P5 game this season, particularly offensively.

I'm referring to struggling against bad teams this season. Week in and week out, NU has looked ok against bad teams. I get that you can't win every game in blow out fashion and that good teams sometimes struggle.

I don't think you understand or watch much football outside of the huskers. Every team, every year, struggles with bad teams.

Still a closet Hawkeye fan I see

Iowa was bashed all last year for being overrated and scheduling sh*tty non conference games like Pittsburgh. Jeez how many times can Iowa schedule that University in a 10 year span? Iowa dodged OSU, Michigan State, Michigan and Penn State last year. We've played those teams more than Iowa has since we've joined the B1G.

Iowa got exposed last year in allowing a 8-9 minute 4th quarter drive in the title game, got curbed stomped in the Rose Bowl and the icing on the cake was getting beat at home as the #13 team in the nation by an FCS North Dakota State team.

Nebraska actually takes scheduling non conference games more seriously than Iowa and comparing Nebraska to Iowa of last year is laughable and insulting.

I have no love for the Hawkeyes, but I also have no interest in partaking in the anti-Iowa circle jerk that takes place on Nebraska boards.

Through 8 games, 2015 Iowa beat an 8-5 Pitt team (you can't control how good the teams you schedule are, but it's rich seeing you whine about this one so much when they're way better than our marquee OOC Oregon matchup has turned out to be), a 10-3 Wisconsin team, and a 10-3 Northwestern team. They played some clunkers as well, but our best wins are over 6-2 Wyoming, 4-4 Northwestern, and either 3-5 Oregon or 4-4 Indiana.

I don't think you understand or watch much football outside of the huskers. Every team, every year, struggles with bad teams.

Clemson Tigers say hello