CFP Rankings

Not too shabby. I'll take it.

Surprised we're ahead of Florida but I guess I was over-estimating their schedule a bit. Kind of thought LSU would be ahead of us as well with their two losses both to Top 10 teams and how well they've played recently. Thought maybe Oklahoma as well but that Houston loss looks a lot worse now.

There you have it: a loss to Alabama is just as good as a win.

A&M at #4 over Washington is just the Committee's way of "jimmie rustling". I feel like A&M is benefitting from a double standard. On one hand, their victory over Auburn looks impressive because of how Auburn is playing now, but they certainly weren't playing that we'll when they played A&M. On the other hand, Tennessee was ranked #9 when A&M beat them, but is an absolute dumpster fire now.

The games will play themselves out, but putting A&M #4 puts the onus on Washington to get an impressive win, because A&M just has LSU left.

I really wouldn't want to see an Alabama-A&M rematch. Bama-Washington is far more intriguing.

The CFP rankings in week 9 are just as meaningless as the most meaningless polls have ever been. Reason being that the committee has shown they don't really believe in 'poll momentum', and will shuffle teams around as they see fit on a week by week basis, so literally the only poll that matters is the post conference championship games one.

Remember the first year of the playoff when 3 of the top 4 were SEC teams in the first CFP rankings?

One of the problems I have with Texas A&M being #4 is they can't win their conference unless Alabama loses twice.

and that will come into consideration when teams have a conference crown but right now no one has won their conference

That's how I assume they look at it. Right now the 4 best teams looking backward and not thinking at all about what is ahead