"These aren't Bo Pelini's Cornhuskers, folks."

Except there are several counter examples disproving this old saw, including, if I recall, the last game he coached as a Husker.

No there's not.

Actually, let's narrow the numbers down further to primetime matchups on the road.

2008 v #5 Oklahoma - L 28-62

2009 v #24 Missouri (at the time of ranking) - W 27-12

2010 v #19 Texas A&M - L 6-9

2011 v #10 Wisconsin - L 17-48

2012 v #12 Ohio State - L 38-63

2014 v #5 Michigan State - L 22-27

1-5, or 0-5 if you only go by end of season rankings.

It's hard to pretend both the blocked trolls in this thread

If a troll defined as someone who does engage in groupthink and group speak, count me in as being one.

This thread was preordained by such herd mentality that, if we lost, there would be endless talk about how bad Pelini would have lost, or did lose, or some such drivel. Its a salve that cures a lot of butthurt that came when the 2015 season blew up into so many people's faces, and I guess it's still feels soothing in 2016. Don't want to hear me talk about Pelini, don't bring up Pelini. quit picking at the scab and let it heal so some of you won't need that butthurt salve.

My only surprise is that we didn't see the ever popular "He left the cupboard bare!" excuse rear its old, tired head yet.

1. I don't have a particular dog in the "Wisconsin is great" vs "Wisconsin is a mirage" fight. I'm just pointing out your claim really hinges on a pretty bold assumption for which there is as yet little demonstrable evidence.

And you can see why that gets people suspicious of your intentions. For my part, I think you just feel your takes are right. But it takes seriously discounting a very potent-looking Top 10 team to feel too bad about Nebraska's loss last night. It makes it rather seem you'd go to lengths to frame the results this season in the dimmest possible light.

2. Similarly, I don't feel we've seen red flags to this staff's "approach to playing championship football", although I'll add that I won't be too sorry if they never quite get there in their tenure. A small handful of teams in a decade can truly claim to have a sound approach to playing championship football. Every other coach will be subject to inane, vague criticisms such as this.

• Fire 1

Pelini's Huskers would have folded under like a wet noodle after Wiscy's 1st td.

Can you go back through the records and see who has the biggest comeback win as a Huskers coach?

Report back what you find and then square it with what you say.

Against a terrible Luke Fickell coached OSU who lost their starting QB at home...good job Pelini

• Fire 1

If we are really pretending it's a competition on who lost better to Wisconsin

Don't put this back on me, I didn't mention any scores in comparing losses...that was that other guy saying something about 70-31.

I am pretty much binary when it comes to losses. It either is or it isn't one.

So an Overtime loss after a questionable no call by the refs on 3rd down is the same as losing by 40 points to a team you beat via comeback earlier in the year. Yeah, all losses are created equal....lol.

Pelini's Huskers would have folded under like a wet noodle after Wiscy's 1st td.

Can you go back through the records and see who has the biggest comeback win as a Huskers coach?

Report back what you find and then square it with what you say.

That comeback was awesome. It also came against the Luke Fickell coached Ohio State Buckeyes that had the worst season in a really long time, they barely made a bowl which they lost.

• Fire 2

Largest comeback in school history against 2011 OSU, who finished 6-7, after we let them race out to a 27-6 lead.

Second largest comeback in school history against 2012 Wisconsin, who finished 8-6, after they had a 27-10 lead.

And dont forget Braxton Miller got hurt and they had to bring in Bauserman to finish the game. That passing chart someone posted after that game was hilarious.

• Fire 2

Largest comeback in school history against 2011 OSU, who finished 6-7, after we let them race out to a 27-6 lead.

Second largest comeback in school history against 2012 Wisconsin, who finished 8-6, after they had a 27-10 lead.

If Ohio state's QB doesn't go down in that game, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell we win that game.

Wisconsin would've racked up at least 300 yards rushing against Bo's defense. The wheels would've come off after Wisconsin went up 17-7.

This. In fact I had flashbacks to Pelini type teams when we went down 17-7. I thought for sure we were dead in the water, then this team roared back and had ample opportunities to win the game and unfortunately did not win the game.

But at least it was a close hard fought battle on the road in a venue and against a team we have had a hard time competing against since joining the conference.