"These aren't Bo Pelini's Cornhuskers, folks."

A great line from a post-game column here in Madison:

Oates

I have to admit I thought hiring Riley was a head-scratcher, but the Nebraska team this year is much improved over what the Badgers have seen recently. A little better passing from your QB position, and you would be even stronger.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Jeez, sorry to start a circular firing squad, guys. I came over here as a Badger fan trying to pay you a little compliment on what I perceived as a much better team than what Pelini ever put on the field against us. A lot of Wisconsin fans are saying the same thing.

I'll just go away and let you yell at each other for how far you've sunk this year, being 7-1, still ranked in the top 10, and controlling your destiny in the division and all. :facepalm:

I appreciate the kind words, I agree that this team is much better than Bo Pelini coached teams. His basket cased approach led to undisciplined and mentally weak football teams during his time here no matter what anyone thinks. His sideline antics also led to the national perception of our program being tarnished and despite him winning 9 games a season he caused problems for this program by dividing fans and the team. Mike Riley is doing a wonderful job bringing this program back together while recruiting much better and doing what a coach does with these young men. He mentors them, goes about the job in the correct way and is a good example to them while doing things the "right way".

Those Bo Pelini supporters need to do themselves a favor and either get over it and move on or don't bother to even come around. Move on, the man is gone, 99% of Husker fans are happy that he is no longer here, you are in the minority so don't act like you have a majority say in the situation like you like to think you do. Besides, where were you when we were winning all of these games?

Bo Pelini did a lot of good things, he also did a lot of bad.

Mike Riley is doing a lot of good things, he will do a lot of bad (some say he already has, but I'll give him slack for an awkward transition).

It may be a fault of mine, but I hope the best for people who have crossed my path. I am happy Riley is in charge now even though I questioned the timing of the Pelini firing. All the hand-wringing in the world won't change the position the Huskers are in. Nebraska is what it is. The only thing a fan can do is control how he/she responds to the status of the team. I hope Riley builds Nebraska into a powerhouse again. I also hope Bo can grow and have a successful career somewhere else. Bo's not here anymore, whether you want him or not.

Oates

I have to admit I thought hiring Riley was a head-scratcher, but the Nebraska team this year is much improved over what the Badgers have seen recently. A little better passing from your QB position, and you would be even stronger.

Jeez, sorry to start a circular firing squad, guys. I came over here as a Badger fan trying to pay you a little compliment on what I perceived as a much better team than what Pelini ever put on the field against us. A lot of Wisconsin fans are saying the same thing.

I'll just go away and let you yell at each other for how far you've sunk this year, being 7-1, still ranked in the top 10, and controlling your destiny in the division and all. :facepalm:

You knew exactly what you were doing.

Oates

You knew exactly what you were doing.

And so do you............

• Fire 5

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I can understand badger fans loving our new system though.

Pelini's Huskers would have folded under like a wet noodle after Wiscy's 1st td.
Except there are several counter examples disproving this old saw, including, if I recall, the last game he coached as a Husker.
Bro, that Iowa team was trash. They lost by 4-5 touchdowns to Tennessee.

The contention was that all of his teams folded "like wet noodles" when they went down 10 points. That wasn't the case. That's all.

The contention was that all of his teams folded "like wet noodles" when they went down 10 points. That wasn't the case. That's all.

Your contention was that a Pelini-led team would have dominated 11th ranked Wisconsin in primetime at Camp Randall last night.

Since you used a historic factual basis (the 2014 Iowa game) to dismiss the contention of "hey we didn't ALWAYS fold when we went down 10", you're pretty easily exposing your douchebaggery by ignoring the historic factual basis (Bo Pelini never winning primetime away games against ranked opponents) that dismiss your ridiculous contention.

• Fire 4

Oates

Thanks for coming by - and for the compliments. Most of us take them to heart and appreciate the sentiment. Not everyone here is a nut. Just a couple.

Oates

You're good dude! Thanks for the kind words!

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I can understand badger fans loving our new system though.

Pelini's Huskers would have folded under like a wet noodle after Wiscy's 1st td.
Except there are several counter examples disproving this old saw, including, if I recall, the last game he coached as a Husker.
Bro, that Iowa team was trash. They lost by 4-5 touchdowns to Tennessee.

No, just in games that mattered, specifically since we joined the Big Ten.

Oates

Great article. It seems Nebraska-Wisconsin could develop into a rivalry. We need to start winning more than a few of these first though.

Why does anyone care about this stuff.

We lost the game, get over it. Tom Osborne lost plenty that people did not think he was supposed to, So did Frank, and so did Bo.

In the past, look forward to positives. Living your life negative about everything Nebraska must really get old.

Youngstown State can use fans I am sure. Not meant to be a smart ass, but if you really feel that Bo represented Nebraska, well he now represents Youngstown state. If your allegiance is to a coach, why not follow him and be happy.

• Fire 1

I am sorry most of that was covered when I posted.

Thank you sir for your kind words, words of wisdom. Some here do not appreciate what the out of state fans of football think.

Wisconsin was designated as our rival when we first came to this conference. We certainly have not held up our part of the bargain, but I think with Coach Riley, we will begin to. Last night was a great game, I don't think either were on top of their game last night, but it was fun to watch. Neither quit, we just did not get the job done.

Thanks again for your comments.