"These aren't Bo Pelini's Cornhuskers, folks."

there is no evidence at hand

You act like Bo never beat a good team. He did.

You also act like NU isn't talented. They are. More talented Wisconsin, for sure.

Bo never beat a top 10, top 15, top 20 team on the road in primetime.

Bo never beat a ranked Wisconsin team.

Bo never won in Camp Randall.

Bo gave up an average of 51 points per game to Wisconsin.

Bo had less than a .400 record against ranked teams.

Bo had a 2-9 record against ranked teams on the road.

me and you were two of the last staunch Bo defenders.

Ahem!

At least 10 of 12 teams in the Big 10 would love to have Armstrong as a QB.

I just wish our fans were one of them.

He's not accurate enought to be the type of qb that can shoulder a team. he'd probably be the first to admit it.

He's viewed as great outside of nebraska because of his incredible career numbers, which are in fact, inflated by the fact that he has started for 4 years and over 40 games. And it makes him a very well known commodity. But in all honesty, he's an average qb. Esp in a system where there is a clash of comforts as we have right now between OC and QB. I love Tommy the football players. Just not the biggest fan of Tommy the quarterback. he's trending down again. under 50%, only 3 TD's and 6 picks in last 3 games. blame what you want. I'm sure you'll come up with some bullsh#t diatribe about how Langsdorf cant do this or that.

You also act like NU isn't talented. They are. More talented Wisconsin, for sure.

You've claimed that Bo handed Mike Riley a roster of Top Ten talent.

But Bo took that same talent and coached them into unranked irrelevance.

And now somehow Bo would be the kick-ass coach he never was by winning games that are only played in your imagination.

Nebraska lost in overtime at Camp Randall and dropped only two spots in the rankings. Professional college football analysts appear far more impressed with the Husker's performance then some Husker fans determined to sh#t on the Riley hire.

• Fire 6

Freshman QB Tommy Armstrong was an exciting playground baller who needed to work on his footwork and decision making.

Senior QB Tommy Armstrong is the same guy.

When he gets behind center with the game on the line, I truly believe he can deliver. I love him for that.

At the same time, I wonder if a less exciting quarterback who simply completed 10% more of his passes and half the interceptions would have already secured the lead.

I don't know if another coach or scheme changes Tommy's trajectory that much. I'm almost certain he doesn't set career records at any other school.

I'm glad Tommy is a Husker and hope he goes out in style.

• Fire 2

You've claimed that Bo handed Mike Riley a roster of Top Ten talent.

But Bo took that same talent and coached them into unranked irrelevance.

And now somehow Bo would be the kick-ass coach he never was by winning games that are only played in your imagination.

Nebraska lost in overtime at Camp Randall and dropped only two spots in the rankings. Professional college football analysts appear far more impressed with the Husker's performance then some Husker fans determined to sh#t on the Riley hire.

Actually, I've said the talent is around 15 to 20.

And didn't only 1 of Bo's teams finish unranked?

As for the rest, we'll see how the season plays out. I think Wisconsin was and is overrated.

• Fire 1

Yes, the Mike Riley led Huskers lost to Wisconsin last night.

Yes, a win is always better than a loss.

Yes, two of the largest comebacks in school history came under the watch of Bo Pelini. Some of the worst blowouts in school history also came under the watch of Bo Pelini, and that's the point I want to make.

Bo Pelini teams were too volatile, too undisciplined, too emotional, and the on the field results reflected that. Sometimes the team would step up and mount a comeback, other (and most) times they would pack it in and call it a day.

This team plays with emotion, but they play with controlled emotion, with confidence. How else do you explain the 108-13 scoring differential in the 4th quarter?

Mike Riley has taken an emotionally fragile team and, in a little over a year, has transformed them into a team brimming with a quiet confidence, a team who has shown that it will never quit.

That's so much better than Pelini.

And he hasn't made a complete jackass of himself on the sideline and hasn't made the University of Nebraska look bad. Not even once.

• Fire 3