"These aren't Bo Pelini's Cornhuskers, folks."

If we were going by Wisconsin on paper preseason, I might agree that the Huskers have a solid talent edge. But the Badgers are clearly playing out of their minds right now. To be a Top 10 team, they need to. To be a Top 10 team, Nebraska needs to also.

In fact, both teams appear to be steadily overachieving this season -- a credit to their coaching staffs. These are not star-studded teams the way the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world are, but they're playing at a high level. The kind of level where they might drop some close games against other Top 10 teams.

Pretty hard to complain about. We're in a better spot than I thought we'd be this year.

• Fire 5

and yet you rush to defend Bo at every mention of his name.

All coaches fail at times. That doesn't mean they should be subjected to unfair criticisms, especially when it's a backhanded way of knocking our players, for example:

1. this team of players doesn't suck in defeat like other teams that have let games get out of control

2. Pelini is a crappy recruiter, which translates to we have crappy players

3. Pelini poisoned the team, which translates to we have crappy players who are lazy, lack professionalism, are babies and generally are the reason why we stumbled through last season and struggle in wins that should be mostly dominating this season.

4. Pelini didn't recruit the right kind of QB for Riley, which means that despite all of the claims of "multipliness and adaptability," this offense really is stuck with needing a statute-esque pass distributor. We'll see how that plays out, but there's not much history of success with that type of offense in our region.

And the list goes on.

It's so odd to me. Everyone seems to just accept these saws about how other teams like Wisconsin have more talent or more depth or are less injured, but also ignore that the "objective measures" like recruiting rankings tell a totally different story and how it used to be that injuries were blamed on S&C but now it's just bad luck that the Riley staff has had to deal with.

By the way, how many freshman have played this year? Or kids from the 2015 class for that matter?

If we are really that untalented and lacking in depth, why haven't any of Riley's recruits emerged?

Personally, I don't see that as a problem, because they may be very good yet stuck behind other good players. I just wonder how the player downers reconcile that fact with their biases.

Lamar Jackson 2016 Stanley Morgan, Ozigbo, D Young among others playing from 2015 class

I hate to get into the game of "he's X coach's player" but both Morgan and Young committed to Pelini's staff.

As Urban Meyer recently noted, we are loaded with good players.

you asked what freshman and 2015 recruits were playing, I gave you the answer. You didn't ask what Riley recruits were on the field

All coaches fail at times. That doesn't mean they should be subjected to unfair criticisms, especially when it's a backhanded way of knocking our players, for example:

1. this team of players doesn't suck in defeat like other teams that have let games get out of control

3. Pelini poisoned the team, which translates to we have crappy players who are lazy, lack professionalism, are babies and generally are the reason why we stumbled through last season and struggle in wins that should be mostly dominating this season.

4. Pelini didn't recruit the right kind of QB for Riley, which means that despite all of the claims of "multipliness and adaptability," this offense really is stuck with needing a statute-esque pass distributor. We'll see how that plays out, but there's not much history of success with that type of offense in our region.

And the list goes on.

It's so odd to me. Everyone seems to just accept these saws about how other teams like Wisconsin have more talent or more depth or are less injured, but also ignore that the "objective measures" like recruiting rankings tell a totally different story and how it used to be that injuries were blamed on S&C but now it's just bad luck that the Riley staff has had to deal with.

By the way, how many freshman have played this year? Or kids from the 2015 class for that matter?

If we are really that untalented and lacking in depth, why haven't any of Riley's recruits emerged?

Personally, I don't see that as a problem, because they may be very good yet stuck behind other good players. I just wonder how the player downers reconcile that fact with their biases.

Lamar Jackson 2016 Stanley Morgan, Ozigbo, D Young among others playing from 2015 class

I hate to get into the game of "he's X coach's player" but both Morgan and Young committed to Pelini's staff.

you asked what freshman and 2015 recruits were playing, I gave you the answer. You didn't ask what Riley recruits were on the field

you have to watch out for those moving goal posts

And the list goes on.

Actually, I did ask about Riley's recruits.

Anyway, the point is that NU had a talented roster because the old staff were good recruiters. This is evidenced by a dirth of '15 and younger kids cracking the 2 deep so far this year.

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I can understand badger fans loving our new system though.

there is nothing to support this as true

This post currently has 27 +1s. That has to be a record, no?

I got over 80 one time, not to brag or anything *brushes off shoulders*

Didn't Bucky/Excel get alot for his inside look of the mod forum post?

Only relevant goalpost here is that NU is a talented team in general. And more talented than wisconsin, specifically.

That may be. But we went to their house and lost in overtime to a team that's played a tough schedule and become batlle hardened because of it.

It happens. It happened plenty under the other guy too. Sorry you only have this one loss to use as a crutch.