***Official Ohio State Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

You know the refs are on the Ohio State side - was quite predictable - but Christi, they are up by about 40. Think it may be time to kind of let the game get over. I have worred ever since we joined the Big Ten that Ohio State and Michigan would end up being the Texas/Oklahoma of the conference and we've seen that clearly in the first 6 years with obvious favoristism in the scheduling with East teams getting more than half the home games, etc etc. They get the officiating calls as well.

Really??
  • Fire 2

Point in case on why Meyer is a major dick.

Dude was a dick at UF and a dick at OSU....

You may not personally care for him, but it's up to our defense to stop them.

They can't take a knee for the last 1 and a half quarters.

Naw. It's just his whole personality. No different than TO and the 90's. TO was gracious and humble even in curb stompings

Who gives a sh#t if he is gracious or not..if he put in the time to get his men where they are at he kind of earns the edge to be a little prideful, no?

Just me. I like humility in winning and losing.

Urban Meyer might be rubbing it in but if he has a valid point other than just being an a-hole it is a little different. If you work 10 years to make something great out of nothing I think it means something to you and you are happy to display it. I think that's part of competing. No?

Ok. Tonight stinks...we all can see that.

But this team can still run the table, and maybe if Wisconsin trips up down the stretch we still might have a chance at the Big Ten Championship Game.

We're still on track where everyone predicted we would be, which is about a 9-3 or 10-2 team.

The shocking thing about tonight is our pure lack of wanting to/executing in the running game, and how much the defense regressed.

We are lacking in talent in certain spots yes, but our offensive philosophy/play-calling/game-managment needs a serious review. Looking at you on this Danny Langsdorf.

Do you really want to play in the B1G Championship game after this? One beat down is enough for the year.

Ok. Tonight stinks...we all can see that.

But this team can still run the table, and maybe if Wisconsin trips up down the stretch we still might have a chance at the Big Ten Championship Game.

We're still on track where everyone predicted we would be, which is about a 9-3 or 10-2 team.

The shocking thing about tonight is our pure lack of wanting to/executing in the running game, and how much the defense regressed.

We are lacking in talent in certain spots yes, but our offensive philosophy/play-calling/game-managment needs a serious review. Looking at you on this Danny Langsdorf.

Do you really want to play in the B1G Championship game after this? One beat down is enough for the year.

Honestly...no. Especially if we don't have a running game like we didn't tonight.

I was just pointing out that the possibility was still out there.

Point in case on why Meyer is a major dick.

Dude was a dick at UF and a dick at OSU....

You may not personally care for him, but it's up to our defense to stop them.

They can't take a knee for the last 1 and a half quarters.

Naw. It's just his whole personality. No different than TO and the 90's. TO was gracious and humble even in curb stompings

Who gives a sh#t if he is gracious or not..if he put in the time to get his men where they are at he kind of earns the edge to be a little prideful, no?

Just me. I like humility in winning and losing.

Urban Meyer might be rubbing it in but if he has a valid point other than just being an a-hole it is a little different. If you work 10 years to make something great out of nothing I think it means something to you and you are happy to display it. I think that's part of competing. No?

He can do what he wants. He flat out kicked our a$$. On both sides. He took over a winning program and continued. He can do what he wants.

Don't think this result is indicative of our team. Ohio State due for a get right game. Tommy went down at the worst possible time because we could have possible mounted a comeback if we would have scored on that drive. We aren't as talented as Ohio State especially our offensive line vs their defense. The defense has been abysmal and it is inexcusable at this point. But realistically on offense, it's hard to do alot with our personell vs theirs. We could do some different things that would help playcalling wise, but the deep ball game plan is not as awful as everyone makes it out to be if Morgan catches balls he needs to catch, in fact would have completely changed the complexion of this game.

Still proud of this team, still think we have a good team and I still trust in HCMR. It's a process and we all know this was not the year to go all of the way, even though we positioned ourself well

You are f'n crazy!!!! we have been totally outclassed in players and coaches.
We did tonight but I'm not crazy. Just not as overreactive as some and still have hope for the season despite one really bad performance. What can I say, I'm a fan of the huskers

It is not just one bad performance! These kind of games show where you are at and it is disgusting so many years so so many.......

Yes, they do. Where we're at is where we were at before this game. In the completely inequitable NCAA there are a few elite teams with pro salary coaches, a bunch of hopefuls, and a bunch of Washington General patsies. If they were really worried about parity, they'd have a coach's salary cap and a three round draft of any player who can't qualify for the academic elite schools. Don't hold your breath on that. We went from a league with one mega-donor team Texas to a league with four or five.

If we win out or lose three in the regular season with what we have, it's no shame.

A loss like tonight makes it pointless to compete in any game from here on out. We could win our final three but it doesnt matter...we still got humiliated and exposed as a pretender undeserving of being in the top 25. This program is as bad now as it was under Pelini. The only area of improvement seems to be in recruiting which we wont realize for a couple more years