TA & POB

Start POB, redshirt him next year while Lee starts and go from there?

If you do this, then who is your back up next year? Gebbia? I don't think that works well at all.

Don't pull O'Briens redshirt this year unless Ryker goes down. That way next year Tanner Lee can start (assuming he beats out POB) and POB can be his backup while Gebbia redshirts.

+1. We have to break this cycle we're in with quarterbacks. No successful team does what Bo brought about to get us where we're at.

Successful teams have a guy there that can actually get you by until your starter comes back. Let's start trying to at least *try* to do this.

Exactly. We have to start doing it right at some point because otherwise we never get to a point where we are doing it right.

We have no developed depth at QB behind TA....We will have none next year behind Lee (if he starts). If Langs stays, and POB wins the job (2018) we are looking at 2019 before we have an experienced starter in Langs system( more than one tear starter) with all Rileys guys........ Best case scenario IMO, is POB wins starting job in 2017 or Gebbia......

I don't think it is smart to assume a QB is not developed if he has no playing experience. I see plenty of first year starters around the country that are plenty developed and ready to play when they hit the field.

If our coaches are any good (jury is still out, imo), POB has developed this year and would next year as a back-up, should that be his role.

According to parents I know that have kids on the team. Their kids say that Tanner Lee will be our starter next year and it's not even close. They say POB will be pretty good in a couple of years but has a LONG way to go.

If you do this, then who is your back up next year? Gebbia? I don't think that works well at all.

Don't pull O'Briens redshirt this year unless Ryker goes down. That way next year Tanner Lee can start (assuming he beats out POB) and POB can be his backup while Gebbia redshirts.

+1. We have to break this cycle we're in with quarterbacks. No successful team does what Bo brought about to get us where we're at.

Successful teams have a guy there that can actually get you by until your starter comes back. Let's start trying to at least *try* to do this.

Bo's a real SOB for not leaving Riley more pro style QBs...

pro style or not. but at least a qb who could routinely hit 10 yard crossing route in stride every now and then would be nice. .

pro style or not. but at least a qb who could routinely hit 10 yard crossing route in stride every now and then would be nice. .

Its not Bo's fault Bush left is it?

Was AJ Bush ever going to see the field? Just be honest. Whatever the circumstances are, AJ Bush is in a better place. Good for him.

Tommy still has not spent even half the time under Langsdorf's guidance as he did the previous staff. We see flashes of improvement, but let's be honest, when it becomes stressful, he glaringly reverts back to bad habits. it was my fear that he was too far gone to correct. But something i never thought of and I had to go back to his high school stuff. He's always been this run and chuck style qb. That's not something i knew much of before saturday night once he got hurt and a i got into a debate with a friend on the differences between him and POB and Tanner Lee and how he's just not a good fit when you watch was our offensive staff is comfortable coaching. So I checked it out and it's a glaring difference, going all the way back to high school, for all these guys. So it'll be interesting..

My comment wasnt blaming Bo for not leaving qb's for Langsdorf style. it's was a smartass reply to a tool. But I'm also not shy to say I'm not a fan at all of Beck's qb development here. The system was to frantic and fast paced. I've heard the stories of how when Langsdorf first got together with our qb's they didnt even know the most basic of qb warmup progressions that are most widely used at these top levels. That in spring practice in 2015, Cavanaugh literally had to start over in regards to olineman techniqe, and is still trying to overcome the erratic, detail lacking development that was going on.

and i apologize. I dont think any of this has anything to do with anything. LOL. i just started ranting about things as they came to my mind.

He can still be the backup...you don't "redshirt" until the end of the year...so keep his as #2 and maybe you get lucky and never have to play him.

He can still be the backup...you don't "redshirt" until the end of the year...so keep his as #2 and maybe you get lucky and never have to play him.

He's already a backup and we're already hoping we don't have to play him...what's your point?

He's already a backup and we're already hoping we don't have to play him...what's your point?

My point is...you can play his this year if he gives the team a better chance to win over Fyfe...

And you could still redshirt him next year if you wanted.

How is this difficult?

Shoot, we have a LBer doing the same thing right now.

Plus, we have been told over and over how Tanner Lee is basically one and done, a possible first round pick.

My point is...you can play his this year if he gives the team a better chance to win over Fyfe...

And you could still redshirt him next year if you wanted.

How is this difficult?

Shoot, we have a LBer doing the same thing right now.

Plus, we have been told over and over how Tanner Lee is basically one and done, a possible first round pick.

We are NOT going to play him over Fyfe. The only way POB sees the field is if Fyfe and Armstrong are both out. We are not going to pull his redshirt this year in order to play him just because fans think he can win us a couple of games, it hurts us long term because next year our backup is redshirting or never gets his redshirt year. Why is this difficult for you?

Who cares if Tanner is one and done? POB will still get his development time.

• Fire 1

I'd be fine with Lee, FWIW. Let the best man play.

I just don't see the point in burning POB's shirt to stick him out there behind a horribly banged-up OL. You don't want to ruin a young QBs confidence in his first opportunity.

The "only played X% of snaps, therefore he can redshirt" rule is only for medical RSs, right? That's the only instance I'd probably play POB.

The fact we're still playing TA is the biggest reason I see to keep DL around. He's a good NFL OC that's trying to play a pro-style offense with a QB that is not compatible with that system. I'm really excited to see what MR/DL can do when they get pocket passers like POB and Gebbia and others actually learning the offense. If we still suck and call horrible offensive gamelans then, can his butt. But let's wait and see what happens before we roast the guy.

As for next week, learn how to run the damn ball with the personnel we have now at OL. Work on high percentage, easy, effective throws with Ryker over and over again.

I'd guess POB's best chance of starting next season is if he burns his redshirt Saturday...His competition is going to be fierce? in 2017 and coaches love game experience.

Was AJ Bush ever going to see the field? Just be honest. Whatever the circumstances are, AJ Bush is in a better place. Good for him.

Tommy still has not spent even half the time under Langsdorf's guidance as he did the previous staff. We see flashes of improvement, but let's be honest, when it becomes stressful, he glaringly reverts back to bad habits. it was my fear that he was too far gone to correct. But something i never thought of and I had to go back to his high school stuff. He's always been this run and chuck style qb. That's not something i knew much of before saturday night once he got hurt and a i got into a debate with a friend on the differences between him and POB and Tanner Lee and how he's just not a good fit when you watch was our offensive staff is comfortable coaching. So I checked it out and it's a glaring difference, going all the way back to high school, for all these guys. So it'll be interesting..

My comment wasnt blaming Bo for not leaving qb's for Langsdorf style. it's was a smartass reply to a tool. But I'm also not shy to say I'm not a fan at all of Beck's qb development here. The system was to frantic and fast paced. I've heard the stories of how when Langsdorf first got together with our qb's they didnt even know the most basic of qb warmup progressions that are most widely used at these top levels. That in spring practice in 2015, Cavanaugh literally had to start over in regards to olineman techniqe, and is still trying to overcome the erratic, detail lacking development that was going on.

and i apologize. I dont think any of this has anything to do with anything. LOL. i just started ranting about things as they came to my mind.

^This. Same situation as Martinez when he spent the offseason with the QB coach. Only way you can fix bad mechanics is through repetition and muscle memory. Every now and then TM would revert to his old ways and as the season went on he'd do it more and more. It's hard to change a QBs mechanics when he's starting during the season.

^This. Same situation as Martinez when he spent the offseason with the QB coach. Only way you can fix bad mechanics is through repetition and muscle memory. Every now and then TM would revert to his old ways and as the season went on he'd do it more and more. It's hard to change a QBs mechanics when he's starting during the season.

Yep. And then you compound the difficulty in fixing the problem in a zone read system because your QB is spending a lot of practice time practicing the zone read and other QB-designed rushing plays.

Taking a guy out of high school with red flags with mechanics and then spending a large amount of practice time *not* working on fixing those issues results in four-year starters with bad mechanics.

I love Tommy. I love him. But I can't wait to be done with this cycle.

If you do this, then who is your back up next year? Gebbia? I don't think that works well at all.Don't pull O'Briens redshirt this year unless Ryker goes down. That way next year Tanner Lee can start (assuming he beats out POB) and POB can be his backup while Gebbia redshirts.
My point is...you can play his this year if he gives the team a better chance to win over Fyfe... And you could still redshirt him next year if you wanted. How is this difficult? Shoot, we have a LBer doing the same thing right now. Plus, we have been told over and over how Tanner Lee is basically one and done, a possible first round pick.
We are NOT going to play him over Fyfe. The only way POB sees the field is if Fyfe and Armstrong are both out. We are not going to pull his redshirt this year in order to play him just because fans think he can win us a couple of games, it hurts us long term because next year our backup is redshirting or never gets his redshirt year. Why is this difficult for you?Who cares if Tanner is one and done? POB will still get his development time.

It is difficult for you!

I'm not saying they are doing it, I'm saying it is an option and it was done before.