Donald J Trump-45th POTUS

The only positive that may potentially come out of this is the destruction of the Republican party.

The Republican Party now controls the entire government.

They still have issues with the 18-44 year old voters. Their huge voting block (babyboomers) is going to dwindle.

If I were an important Republican I would do everything I could in the next 4 years to legalize marijuana nationally and not undo any of the gay rights rulings. They need to reach that age group and I think both of these things would help with that.

At least we have finally heard the last of the Clintons; and we have a pretty good looking immigrant first lady (oh, the irony)

Yeah, that oughtta make up for the impending crises we have coming.

What Crises? avoiding WWIII with that sweet No Fly Zone in Syria and her calling Putin the "New Hitler"(obviously greasing the American people for another war just like Bush did with his rhetoric).

Exactly, WoodyHayes. If Hillary would have won and attacked the Russian military in Syria (as she promised) there would have been a nuclear war. No doubt about it. I'm very thankful that that evil old woman was defeated.

Buckle up. Trump brought big promises and the idea of swinging a big stick. The Republican control all of it, if they have infighting their party will split.

I imagine the Dems will split as well. You just can't have Hillary get the nomination amid all the rigging against Bernie, and then lose to a guy like Trump.

I'm worried for the world ( I also would have been worried had Hillary won). But now the threat of race wars seem too close. Will Trump keep that rhetoric? Or was it ploy to win and we see the other and as some claim "the real Trump

This election showed rural america can still be a force in an election. She won almost all major urban centers, but the rural vote in many states was still strong enough to carry Trump. The people she and her party have ignored and abused struck back, but i doubt the democrats will learn from this and adjust their platform.

This was something that totally amazed me last night. And, being from a rural area in a rural state, I was happy to see we can be a force again. For way too long, the Democrats (and to a lesser extent Republicans) have ignored middle America and the rural population. What absolutely shocks me is it took a billionaire living in a penthouse in Manhattan to do that.

At least we have finally heard the last of the Clintons; and we have a pretty good looking immigrant first lady (oh, the irony)

Everyone should be rejoicing about the bolded.

Now if everyone is calmed down, i'm curious from the non-trump folks what they thought if his speech last night/this morning.

I thought it was pretty good and as someone who had some reservations myself, was a demeanor and wording i was glad to hear. The only thing i saw wrong with it was he almost forgot to recognize Pence in any way and squeezed him in in the end, which was awkward to me cuz among other things in this close race, Pence's name on the ticket may have been the biggest factor in getting him over the top. Just curious.

I don't understand what people mean when they say rural America has been ignored. What specific policies are you talking about that adversely affected rural Americans to a larger extent than non-rural Americans?

Losing the vote doesn't count.

I think a lot of times farmers just like to say they are being ignored.

Now if everyone is calmed down, i'm curious from the non-trump folks what they thought if his speech last night/this morning.

I thought it was pretty good and as someone who had some reservations myself, was a demeanor and wording i was glad to hear. The only thing i saw wrong with it was he almost forgot to recognize Pence in any way and squeezed him in in the end, which was awkward to me cuz among other things in this close race, Pence's name on the ticket may have been the biggest factor in getting him over the top. Just curious.

I thought he did a great job last night. I think, at least for now, it showed that he can be a bit of a chameleon and adapt.

I don't understand what people mean when they say rural America has been ignored. What specific policies are you talking about that adversely affected rural Americans to a larger extent than non-rural Americans?

Losing the vote doesn't count.

Maybe "ignored" is a bad word. And, maybe I am in the minority. But, there has been a growing arrogance in politics with urban people looking down their noses at rural areas of the country. And, maybe I feel it more because I have family who live in larger cities that CLEARLY have that attitude. It's an attitude that puts off this aura that they are so much more educated and worldly.

Just look at how many politicians act/dress/talk when addressing a rural crowd compared to an urban crowd.

I went to bed and didn't listen. I heard bits and pieces this morning of him basically saying he wants to be everyone's President and bring the country together.

Great. That's what he should say. His actions and words over the next few years mean way more than a speech on the night of victory.

I'm pretty sure Obama said the same thing the night he won his first term. How did that work out?