Trump's America

zoogs

How about the outstanding moral courage of Adam Silver, NBA commissioner? He sent out a memo explicitly reminding everyone in the NBA a rule requires all players to stand. Of course the NBA also has the highest percentage of African-American athletes, by far, of any major sport here. They, if anyone, would have reason to kneel to fight injustice. 

I hope LeBron and others do it anyway and dare him & the owners to suspend star players. Silver took a firm stand to reiterate that the majority of these rich old white guys don't care about social injustice. They just want to not rock the boat and continue making as much money as possible by monetizing these players whose plight they don't care to truly understand.

3 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

How about the outstanding moral courage of Adam Silver, NBA commissioner? He sent out a memo explicitly reminding everyone in the NBA a rule requires all players to stand. Of course the NBA also has the highest percentage of African-American athletes, by far, of any major sport here. They, if anyone, would have reason to kneel to fight injustice. 

I hope LeBron and others do it anyway and dare him & the owners to suspend star players. Silver took a firm stand to reiterate that the majority of these rich old white guys don't care about social injustice. They just want to not rock the boat and continue making as much money as possible by monetizing these players whose plight they don't care to truly understand.

I saw that too. I'm hoping they do. I don't know why he felt the need to say anything.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I saw that too. I'm hoping they do. I don't know why he felt the need to say anything.

Scared of getting Trump tweeted like everyone else? He wouldn't want all the MAGA neckbeards to go boycotting his brand after all.

SNL had a pretty good take on the fear of being on the receiving end of Trump tweets last night. I don't get it.

8 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Scared of getting Trump tweeted like everyone else? He wouldn't want all the MAGA neckbeards to go boycotting his brand after all.

SNL had a pretty good take on the fear of being on the receiving end of Trump tweets last night. I don't get it.

the fear isn't of getting a nastygram from donnie....it's his legions of brownshirts and what they will do  that strike fear in the recipients

• Plus1 1

In other words, "Look at me...I'm so great....I never make a mistake....anyone who criticizes me is fake news and lying..."  "You local lazy bums brown skins need to get off your flooded couches and do this for yourself."

Trump’s visit comes after what critics have said was a too-slow response to the crisis on the island. The president said Tuesday that local “have to give us more help” in responding to the devastation. Trump on Tuesday praised the federal response, saying, “it’s now acknowledged what a great job we’ve done.”

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sadly, this is so normal for Trump that it won't even barely make news.

Here's why he said this:

I can not give enough :facepalm::facepalm: for that post.  The jerk is always trying to show himself to be the greatest.  His pride, arrogance and self grandisment (sp?) knows no end.   Reminds me of

Prov 16:18 -  Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

I predict his fall will be great. My concern is how much it will affect the rest of the nation. 

• Plus1 1

Here's the full quote. What a turd of a human being.

It's important to note that Puerto Rico is so shattered that they haven't updated the death toll in six days. 

SIX DAYS!  Not because nobody else has died, but because their infrastructure is gone to the extent that counting the dead isn't remotely near a priority right now. 

When they finally have food, water, electricity and some semblance of safety, then and only then will they begin counting the dead. And it's going to be a hell of a lot more than 15 or 150.  But Trump's supporters won't know about it because Fox News won't cover it. 

• Plus1 1

I don't get why the Military has not taken over the situation in Puerto Rico. They should have been there in full force within three days after the storm hit. 

Ok Trump, this isn't Katrina. Thanks for pointing that out. These people are on an Island in the middle of the Caribbean. The only way the individuals in PR will get help are from NGOs and from the federal government. NGOs can only provide so much help and can't provide an overreaching recovery plan. The local government can only do so much.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, jaws said:

I don't get why the Military has not taken over the situation in Puerto Rico. They should have been there in full force within three days after the storm hit. 

Probably has a lot to do with the guy the Electoral College put in charge of the military.

• Plus1 3
33 minutes ago, jaws said:

Ok Trump, this isn't Katrina. Thanks for pointing that out. These people are on an Island in the middle of the Caribbean. The only way the individuals in PR will get help are from NGOs and from the federal government. NGOs can only provide so much help and can't provide an overreaching recovery plan. The local government can only do so much.

But..but...but....

Haven't you heard?  Trump is doing a GREAT job.  No problem there.  His people are not the problem.....it's those people who live there....THEY are the problem.  Those lazy SOBs.  Afterall....they have already cost us a TON of money.

• Plus1 1