Trump's America

zoogs

Is Trump a bigger threat to US than NK leader Fat Boy - Rocket Man?   Of course this splits down party lines but still 46% say yes in this poll. 

What do you think?

Me: When I stop to think about it:  the NK guy if he makes a bad move - he is 'one and done'.he is nuclear toast.   However, Trump can influence our culture, our politics, our sense of who we are as American's much longer.  He can enact bad policy that could affect our economy, our standing the world for years to come.  One might say, yes that is the potential of any president. But before us right now is a guy who really has the propensity to do so based on his character and track record. So, I'll side wt the Dem voters on this one.  Trump's recent laugage calling out anthem 'kneelers' as SOBs is proof  positive he doesn't understand the core of the 1st amendment.  Yes, I prefer that they protest at another time than the singing of the anthem, but it is still their 1st amendment right to do so. Even more so, the role of president should be as a conciliator and not as an agitator.  He has agitated race issues wt his poor response to  Charlottesville and so many other occurrences.  While I do believe that Fat Boy is a real threat that needs to be dealt with, I want him dealt with by mature adults - not via a twitter war by an immature 'leader' of our country. 

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/september_2017/69_of_democrats_say_trump_a_bigger_threat_than_north_korea_s_rocket_man

Voters think President Trump is as big a threat to the United States as the North Korean dictator who is promising to attack us with nuclear weapons.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters believe Trump is a bigger danger to America than Kim Jong-Un. Just as many (45%) say the North Korean communist leader is a bigger danger.

Sixty-nine percent (69%) of Democrats and unaffiliated voters by a 47% to 41% margin rate the president as the bigger danger. Seventy-four percent (74%) of Republicans think the North Korean poses the bigger threat.

Trump is by far a bigger threat to the U.S., both short term and long term. I fear some of the damage he's done/will do tearing down difference science agencies, reducing science grants, destroying the environment will be irreversible or at the very least take a long time to reverse.

I also think he doesn't take our cyber security seriously at all. The Russian thing so angers him he's bound to ignore it. Things are going to get much worse. Obama and his administration should've done better, but I find it highly unlikely that they didn't TRY. And also, Obama was in kind of at the start if when it exploded. Hacking has existed for a long time but cell phones got really big during his presidency, along with the capabilities of the Russians and Chinese.

I don't think Trump or his admin will pay any attention to it whatsoever. They're too busy trying to find non-pale people voting illegally.

As for North Korea, they can maybe drop 1 bomb. That would be awful, even if it wasn't in the US, but I don't think it would do as much long term damage as the above. Maybe I'm lacking foresight here. Probably because I doubt they'll ever drop a bomb. If they do, I will likely blame Trump, because it will likely have been his fault. Every president before him knew to treat Kim like an infant. But Trump is an infant himself.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:33 PM, zoogs said:

https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/status/911447551613788162

Funny. "Get that SOB out of here right now. He is fired" is similar to how I feel about Trump.

Cheering crowds to this s#!t? Get your head straightened, America.

Just had a coworker tell me he's not watching the NFL anymore because of all this "stuff"

He then told me how Sean Hannity "read" a section from the NFL Rule Book:

“The specific NFL rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition.

It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

The pages he "quotes" are about penalties during the game

http://q13fox.com/2017/09/24/do-nfl-rules-say-players-must-stand-during-the-anthem/

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, GSG said:

Just had a coworker tell me he's not watching the NFL anymore because of all this "stuff"

“The specific NFL rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states: The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition.

It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

http://q13fox.com/2017/09/24/do-nfl-rules-say-players-must-stand-during-the-anthem/

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Let your friend know about the section of the US Flag Code about respecting the flag:

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Let your friend know about the section of the US Flag Code about respecting the flag:

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

I almost started rattling these off, but some of these people don't care to hear because they have too much bulls#!t plugging their ears already

7 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Let's just see how long this "I won't watch the NFL" line lasts.  I'm betting it's until this coming Sunday.

I don't know how much actually watches it outside of our local Donkeys. A lot it of seems, to me, to be outrage for the sake of outrage because ________ said so on the show I watch/listen to.

People didn't want to consider the idea that the reason players started kneeling was something that is a serious issue that needs to be worked on. Too uncomfortable for them.

So they latched onto the closest thing they could think of. "Day be disruspecting soljurs! *scratches American flag underpants*"

It's kinda like that one time when Voldemort cast the Avada Kedavra spell on baby Harry Potter and his soul found the nearest living thing to reside in.

• Plus1 1

Fans booed the Cowboys for kneeling before the anthem yesterday.

They didn't even protest the anthem, or during the anthem, however you want to word it, and people were still quite angry.

Guess why? Because the flag/anthem isn't the reason they were angry in the first place.

• Plus1 3

well...it's cites anonymous sources....but his actions seem to prove the allegations true IMO

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/politics/trump-nascar-nfl-protests.html

In private, the president and his top aides freely admit that he is engaged in a culture war on behalf of his white, working-class base, a New York billionaire waging war against “politically correct” coastal elites on behalf of his supporters in the South and in the Midwest. He believes the war was foisted upon him by former President Barack Obama and other Democrats — and he is determined to win, current and former aides said.

10 minutes ago, commando said:

well...it's cites anonymous sources....but his actions seem to prove the allegations true IMO

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/politics/trump-nascar-nfl-protests.html

In private, the president and his top aides freely admit that he is engaged in a culture war on behalf of his white, working-class base, a New York billionaire waging war against “politically correct” coastal elites on behalf of his supporters in the South and in the Midwest. He believes the war was foisted upon him by former President Barack Obama and other Democrats — and he is determined to win, current and former aides said.

I really don't have any doubts anymore that he's a White supremacist. And he wants to make sure they stay on top. FFS look at his response to what happened in Puerto Rico. I wonder how he would respond to something similar happening in Southern California or Hawaii.

What Obama and lots of Democrats and I'm sure lots of Republicans wanted was equality. But apparently that's too much to ask for.

4 hours ago, GSG said:

Oh good lord. 

I was was just with someone who claimed this was in the rule book. I guess I now know he is a Hannity fan.