Trump's America

zoogs

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Police already work under a civilian oversite committee. It's called a City Council. 

And if that's working for that community, great. But we were talking about giving military hardware to the police and how to determine which departments should and should not have various military-grade equipment, and one way to make informed choices for a community is with a civilian oversight committee. It's not the only way, and it's not even the best way, but it does lend itself to transparency and community involvement.

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nope

yep

Ok, we have analyzed Trump from every way possible dedhoarsebut this one takes the cake..er I mean the steak. 

Now, my wife grew up on the farm like me, but her mom always cooked steak (from the herd) well done - the old pressure cooker method (before pressure cookers were used as bombs mind you).  Finally when she married yours truly - I introduced her to medium rare and medium steak.  The love was on - never again would she eat well done steak.

Well Trump likes his steak well done.  Someone did a psycho-analysis of this steak abuse below. Who knows, if Mueller can't get the Russian thing to work, maybe this will qualify for

Amendment 25, Section 4 removal.  Of all of the possible crimes and/or mental conditions worthy of removal from office, eating steak well done with ketchup to boot tops the list in my book.  :o  That is financial maleficence at its worse - forget the trips to his multiple resorts and hotels.  To ruin an expensive steak wt ketchup - well that is unforgivable and dare I say "impeachable".  :facepalm::boxosoap

https://www.popsugar.com/food/Donald-Trump-Well-Done-Steak-43245881

quote from last half of the article:

"The president ordered a well-done steak. An aged New York strip. He ate it with ketchup as he always does," a waiter at the restaurant said, according to the Independent Journal Review's report of Trump's dinner at his steakhouse.

And now Anthony Bourdain isn't the only one judging Trump for his steak preferences. Not only are people calling Trump out on Twitter, but some people are also pointing out that Trump's habits might speak to a larger mentality. Eater has analyzed Trump's steak habits even further in an op-ed about why the way Donald Trump eats his steak matters, saying, "A person who won't eat his steak any doneness but well is a person who won't entertain the notion that there could be a better way. A person who refuses to try something better is a person who will never make things good." The opinion piece points out that this eating habit might imply a fear of risk-taking and adaptability.

What do you think about the whole conversation: are people taking it too far, or does the fact that Trump orders his steak well done (with ketchup) bother you?

49 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Important (long) thread worth reading: 

Related:

I think Antifa is a little different than lunch counter sit ins of the 60's. 

If they want to label them terrorist groups fine. But the KKK and white supremacist better get put back on the list beforehand.

Forgive me if this was posted before but I find this amazing:

http://www.newsmax.com/US/gop-voters-media-white-supremacists/2017/08/30/id/810796/

• 69 percent of Republicans think the media is a larger threat than white supremacists, compared to 18 percent who said the opposite.
  • 76 percent of Democrats think white supremacists pose a greater threat.
  • 45 percent of men think the media poses a greater threat, while 43 percent said the opposite.

This isn't so amazing

http://www.newsmax.com/US/americans-united-states-polling-survey/2017/08/30/id/810792/

Fifty-six percent of Americans think President Donald Trump is "tearing the country apart," according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday.

• 70 percent of those surveyed believe Trump has more contempt for the media than he does for white supremacists.
  • 55 percent of voters disapprove of the job the president is doing.
  • Trump has lost the most ground with conservatives, and he is down by 7 percentage points in approval ratings among that crowd.
  • 42 percent of voters think Trump has not been tough enough on North Korea.
  • 56 percent think Trump does not respect racial minorities
  • And only 35 percent approve of his response to the events in Charlottesville.

The poll was conducted Sunday through Tuesday evening among 1,006 randomly chosen registered voters.

• Plus1 1

Some things just make you scratch your head and say Hum...  why did they do that??

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-quietly-removes-sexual-202845812.html

The Trump administration recently removed a 2014 report on sexual violence from the White House website. 

Alexandra Brodsky, a civil rights attorney and co-founder of anti-sexual violence organization KnowYourIX, noticed Wednesday morning that the “Rape And Sexual Assault: Renewed Call To Action” report had been taken down. 

“I went looking for it because I’m working on briefing for a client who’s a survivor and was looking for some literature about the impact of sexual violence and that’s been a really helpful resource for that kind of research,” Brodsky told HuffPost. “But it was no longer on the White House website. It’s not anywhere on the White House website.”

The report, which can still be found on KnowYourIX’s website, was created under the Obama administration by the 2014 White House Council on Women and Girls in partnership with then-Vice President Joe Biden. The findings of the report consist mainly of nonpartisan facts about sexual violence including sexual assault statistics and different ways the criminal justice system and college campuses can improve in combatting sexual and gender violence. 

Brodsky tweeted her discovery early Wednesday morning.