Trump's America

zoogs

3 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

How can any red-blooded American see this type of crap & be OK with it? Nepotism is something we shouldn't ever normalize, and this administration is rife with it.

Dunkin has told people that when he used to fly Trump around on his private Boeing 757, they'd often find themselves stuck on the tarmac with delays. He'd tell Trump that none of this would happen if a pilot ran the FAA.

Sure, bud.

Looks like his qualifications aren't just that he's a pilot. But knowing Trump's criteria for hiring people, I kinda doubt this guy is qualified enough.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Sure, bud.

Looks like his qualifications aren't just that he's a pilot. But knowing Trump's criteria for hiring people, I kinda doubt this guy is qualified enough.

Yep. Given your quote, I find it much more likely that some guy told Trump something once, he remembered it & now he's going to try to act on it.

That's about the extent of what it requires for him to push for policy on something.

• Plus1 1
On 2/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, Moiraine said:

I'm lazy. Someone tell me if Citizens United caused that or made it way worse.

Citizen's United was simply the latest of a series of Supreme Court rulings making it possible to bribe/buy politicians legally. The First of which was Buckley v Valeo in 1976, so it's difficult to pin any of this on a single ruling.

• Plus1 3