Trump's America

zoogs

44 minutes ago, Whistlebritches said:

WTF is going on? This isn't some jackhole in the youtube comments section. This is an actual elected congressman.

This is a new level of stupid. How often do people who resist the police or military by aiming guns at them survive or remain free? The answer is never. Even people with guns don't generally attack the government. People also don't expect their government to murder them. Even when they went to the camps I bet they didn't think that would happen.

The way the Germans did it was smart. They added one thing after another that was slightly less tolerable (patches, segregation, closing shops, moving to camps, murder) instead of trying to instantly arrest millions of people or killing them on the spot.

This is why little things that happen or things that are said by our leaders can sometimes scare me. If we ever did lose our freedoms, it would be a slow trickle.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2

19 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Trump often talked about running govt like a business, but large businesses wouldn't get by wt this type of nepotism. 

A large business would also not pursue initiatives the size of Tax Reform, Border Walls, and Healthcare without performing detailed cost/benefit analysis.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A large business would also not pursue initiatives the size of Tax Reform, Border Walls, and Healthcare without performing detailed cost/benefit analysis.

very very true.  However -- maybe they did a cost analysis of a different type -- :dunno   This is the only type of cost/benefit analysis that matters with this group:

Multi Billion $$$ Wall =  10 million voters in 2020. 

Tax Reform wt large deficents =  15 million more voters 

Healthcare reform without proper safety net in place  =  20 million votes

Their "budget" goal is met :  Election 2020  :(

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This is a new level of stupid. How often do people who resist the police or military by aiming guns at them survive or remain free? The answer is never. Even people with guns don't generally attack the government. People also don't expect their government to murder them. Even when they went to the camps I bet they didn't think that would happen.

The way the Germans did it was smart. They added one thing after another that was slightly less tolerable (patches, segregation, closing shops, moving to camps, murder) instead of trying to instantly arrest millions of people or killing them on the spot.

This is why little things that happen or things that are said by our leaders can sometimes scare me. If we ever did lose our freedoms, it would be a slow trickle.

Image result for cliven bundy

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

very very true.  However -- maybe they did a cost analysis of a different type -- :dunno   This is the only type of cost/benefit analysis that matters with this group:

Multi Billion $$$ Wall =  10 million voters in 2020. 

Tax Reform wt large deficents =  15 million more voters 

Healthcare reform without proper safety net in place  =  20 million votes

Their "budget" goal is met :  Election 2020  :(

That's the point. The voters who wanted America run more like a business should be enraged at Trump's ill-considered Big Government largesse.

We tend to fixate on Twitter and Russia and race-baiting, and fail to illustrate how Donald Trump's supposed strong suit betrays the people who voted for him. 

And really....why blame Trump when it's actually the GOP ramming home this incredibly flawed agenda?

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That's the point. The voters who wanted America run more like a business should be enraged at Trump's ill-considered Big Government largesse.

We tend to fixate on Twitter and Russia and race-baiting, and fail to illustrate how Donald Trump's supposed strong suit betrays the people who voted for him. 

And really....why blame Trump when it's actually the GOP ramming home this incredibly flawed agenda?

GOP had the agenda - Trump wanted the power.   A true marriage of convenience.   Yes, this great, the best, the never failing business man Trump either lost his way when he got into the WH or never was the great, the best, ...

I'm very concerned what the deficit will look like in 5-8 years.  Then we got this news below.  If the economy is slowing down even a bit, it will really screw up Trump's budget #s. I believe the budget was built around projected 3% growth (I may be wrong but that was I believe the mantra that the tax cuts will drive GDP to be continually above 3%).  We'll see what this

quarter does now that the tax cuts are in place.

Not growing as fast as reported   https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/28/us-revised-fourth-quarter-2017-gdp.html

Revised fourth-quarter US GDP up 2.5%, matching expectations

• U.S. economic growth slowed slightly more than initially thought in the fourth quarter.
  • The strongest pace of consumer spending in three years drew in imports and depleted inventories.
  • Gross domestic product expanded at a 2.5 percent annual rate in the final three months of 2017, instead of the previously reported 2.6 percent pace.

and this

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Image result for cliven bundy

I guess I should've said how long do people not part of the "master race" survive. There is no doubt in my mind these 3 would be rotting in a jail cell or dead if they were Black.

(I'm not even sure but I'm taking a wild guess those are the Oregon stand off guys).

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I guess I should've said how long do people not part of the "master race" survive. There is no doubt in my mind these 3 would be rotting in a jail cell or dead if they were Black.

(I'm not even sure but I'm taking a wild guess those are the Oregon stand off guys).

Yes they are.  And I absolutely agree with you.

OK...I'm all for the press keeping this administration exposed and I'm all for them using back door informants for whatever may be coming.  But, I'm getting really tired of this type of thing.

I can't count how many times in the last 6-9 months, the NYT has come out with a headline claiming some WH cabinet or staff member is going to resign or be fired........and it doesn't happen.

Report stuff like this when it happens.  Until then, stop crying wolf.  It does nothing but reinforce the mantra of the mainstream 

IF this is correct, I find it interesting that she's fine being there until she gets interviewed by Mueller.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...I'm all for the press keeping this administration exposed and I'm all for them using back door informants for whatever may be coming.  But, I'm getting really tired of this type of thing.

I can't count how many times in the last 6-9 months, the NYT has come out with a headline claiming some WH cabinet or staff member is going to resign or be fired........and it doesn't happen.

Report stuff like this when it happens.  Until then, stop crying wolf.  It does nothing but reinforce the mantra of the mainstream 

IF this is correct, I find it interesting that she's fine being there until she gets interviewed by Mueller.  

It's official. She lasted 197 days.