Trump's America

zoogs

On 12/20/2018 at 12:49 AM, BigRedBuster said:

So, we have a president whose charitable foundation is legally shut down and his family banned from being in charitable boards. 

What at a time to be alive......wow. 

And 30% of America will still make excuses for them. 

The problem is that we still refer to this vocal ~30% of ignorance as "Americans". 

So it really seems like the President, who previously agreed to pass a bill to keep the government open with almost $2B for border security, did a 180 and is going to try to shut it down because he wants $6B for his border wall. The Senate passed the first bill but the House turned it into the second one with wall funding. It's DOA in the Senate because it needs 60 votes. The president is encouraging his party to nuke the legislative filibuster in the Senate and pass it with 50 votes.

That filibuster is the last remaining bulwark against some of the insane, often extreme, ultra-partisan bills coming out of the House becoming law.

Boy, makes you feel really good about the people we sent to Washington, doesn't it?

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, commando said:

i always thought the insane clown posse was just a musical group....not a bunch of republicans.  live and learn i guess.

At this point, I'm more confident in the governing ability of the Insane Clown Posse and their Juggalos than I am the vermin that have infested the Republican party. 

• Haha 2
On 12/21/2018 at 7:50 AM, Clifford Franklin said:

So it really seems like the President, who previously agreed to pass a bill to keep the government open with almost $2B for border security, did a 180 and is going to try to shut it down because he wants $6B for his border wall. The Senate passed the first bill but the House turned it into the second one with wall funding. It's DOA in the Senate because it needs 60 votes. The president is encouraging his party to nuke the legislative filibuster in the Senate and pass it with 50 votes.

That filibuster is the last remaining bulwark against some of the insane, often extreme, ultra-partisan bills coming out of the House becoming law.

Boy, makes you feel really good about the people we sent to Washington, doesn't it?

It's really easy to track this one:

Trump agrees to keep the government open in a compromise with the Democrats because it's the expedient solution to a stupid political theater he created.

The rightwing pundits who form Trump's worldview come down hard on Trump for being so weak.

Trump immediately changes his mind and doubles down because they called him weak. 

He's a terrible negotiator, easily manipulated, and out of his element on any subject. What's not to love?

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The rightwing pundits who form Trump's worldview come down hard on Trump for being so weak.

But... why? Why do they want $5 billion for the border wall? He promised to get funding from Mexico. He isn't keeping a promise by funding it from our pockets.

It's also a solution for a problem that has been steadily reducing for years and years and is not worth the price but I'm being kind of a broken record there. But the point of saying it again is the Republicans have no good reason for the border wall. They don't need it because it's a stupid idea, and they don't need it because getting it from taxes isn't keeping their president's promise.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

But... why? Why do they want $5 billion for the border wall? He promised to get funding from Mexico. He isn't keeping a promise by funding it from our pockets.

It's also a solution for a problem that has been steadily reducing for years and years and is not worth the price but I'm being kind of a broken record there. But the point of saying it again is the Republicans have no good reason for the border wall. They don't need it because it's a stupid idea, and they don't need it because getting it from taxes isn't keeping their president's promise.

Sure. It's the same "But....why?" with healthcare. Crippling and/or dismantling Obamacare does nothing but fulfill a campaign promise that got cheers from people who found it a wonderful way to bully liberals, even if they themselves ended up getting hurt. It makes no sense 

And 5 billion sounds very low to me, and would not reflect personnel, administration and maintenance that would go into this huge layer of Big Government. 

I suppose you could vet that figure in the detailed cost/benefit analysis on where the Wall fits into comprehensive immigration reform and border security.

But no such report exists, because that would be smart.  

• Plus1 1

It's pretty clear that POTUS got completely bamboozled when it comes to his wall. It's because he listened to the clowns he's chosen to surround himself with.

And yet, if you follow the subtweets all the way down here, you'll still find good old party line sycophants like Hugh Hewitt trying to lay blame of Chuck Schumer for not throwing money at this stupid boondoggle just because Trump says it's a good idea.

• Plus1 1