Trump's America

zoogs

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Trump's "greatest ever" stock market rise falls short of Obama's and Clinton's.  As we have seen, just because he says it is so doesn't mean it is so - normally the opposite.   In his speech this morning before he left for Florida he is setting himself up to get the credit for any stock market rise under Biden as he said that various sectors are ready to skyrocket under the next administration and to remember him when they do.   Funny, he didn't give credit to Obama for the steady rise in the stock market before Jan 2017.  :dunno

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/534881-trump-stock-performance-falls-short-of-obama-clinton

Obama’s stock peak over Bush stock peak  (with 8 years to do it) is not very impressive.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, knapplc said:

The War of 1812 when the British & Canadians burned Washington and the Japanese invasion of the Aleutian Islands in WWII.

Yeah, I said in 200 years in my post and then I deleted it by accident and then put it back.

And the Aleutian islands have been through hell and back.  

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

and North Korea - I think Trump was egging Little Fat Man to do something stupid so Trump could be the military president he always wanted to be.

So that he would no longer be Private Bone Spurs but Commander in  Chief Bone Spurs

And now we have Commander in Chief Deferment 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

He hurt a lot of people, and I truly get it and can empathize with your friends. But just like the fact that you posted regarding 30k+ lies in 4 years (20 a day...still unfathomable) it is a fact that we did not get in any new wars. I believe Carter was the last one that could claim that. Anyone, on any "side" should be able to say yep, that was a good thing for all of us, and move on. 

Ehhh, some people enjoy being pissed at life.  Best not to try and take that away 

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just like we paid for his wall, and all his golfing.

As of 1/1/21...over $150 million for that alone 

Donald Trump has arrived at his Palm Beach, Florida, resort for the 31st golf vacation there of his presidency, raising the taxpayer-funded travel and security total for his hobby to $151.5 million, according to a HuffPost analysis.

Trump has already played golf on his own properties 289 times since taking office in January 2017, although he claimed during his 2016 campaign that he would not have time for a vacation at all. “I just want to stay in the White House and work my a$$ off,” he said in February 2016.

Trump’s insistence on playing at his own properties ― rather than courses on military bases close to the White House, as former President Barack Obama mainly did — has made his outings enormously expensive for American taxpayers. Each trip to Mar-a-Lago costs $3.4 million flying Trump, his staff and the vehicles needed for his motorcade on Air Force One and a number of cargo planes, as well as the expenses incurred by the Coast Guard to patrol both the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean adjacent to his for-profit resort.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

As of 1/1/21...over $150 million for that alone 

Donald Trump has arrived at his Palm Beach, Florida, resort for the 31st golf vacation there of his presidency, raising the taxpayer-funded travel and security total for his hobby to $151.5 million, according to a HuffPost analysis.

Trump has already played golf on his own properties 289 times since taking office in January 2017, although he claimed during his 2016 campaign that he would not have time for a vacation at all. “I just want to stay in the White House and work my a$$ off,” he said in February 2016.

Trump’s insistence on playing at his own properties ― rather than courses on military bases close to the White House, as former President Barack Obama mainly did — has made his outings enormously expensive for American taxpayers. Each trip to Mar-a-Lago costs $3.4 million flying Trump, his staff and the vehicles needed for his motorcade on Air Force One and a number of cargo planes, as well as the expenses incurred by the Coast Guard to patrol both the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean adjacent to his for-profit resort.

Bloomberg would have just written that off.