Trump's America

zoogs

Obviously the widow didn't mind Trump doing what he did or she would have declined.

If nothing else, those quotes from service members show that "the troops" are not some monolithic body who all agree with Trump. That's the picture Trump's trying to paint there, and it's definitely not the whole story. Some love him, some hate him.

Lol

Looks like someone just realized who his sources were.
Ha not even close. I posted two tweets and everyone attacks me instead of looking at the bigger picture. Not once did anyone condone what those who sat and did nothing or questions Nancy on why she seems pissed that Trump wants to bring jobs to the American people?

You have 50-100 people applauding over 90 secs(?) and you have numerous people who sit on their hands and do nothing and I'm the bad guy. Show some respect to a widow who's husband fought and died serving this nation allowing these douchebags to live their pathetic lives.

You have Trump announcing how he's going to bring jobs to the American people. They cheer and applaud but Nancy just looks pissed about this great announcement but I'm the bad guy.

It's not the applauding, it's the message. Some of you all are off your rockers

You're right. Nobody condoned it...not once.
I meant condemn but I think you knew that already

The bad taste in my mouth was him honoring this man by using it as a moment to ceebrate what he said "was a successful" mission, and then saying that he (the dead man) would be looking down happily seeing how long he got applause because he was spoken about by the POS I mean POTUS.

This was not done to honor anyone. It was done to distract and so that Easy D could find a reason to pat himself on the back. Im sad the wife was put in the situation and I bet her inlaws werent appreciative (based on their comments since the mission.)

Obviously the widow didn't mind Trump doing what he did or she would have declined.

Where was his Dad?

It wasn't about his Dad was it? Why even bring it up?

I know his Dad has issues with Trump and the whole Yemen ordeal but it is Carryn Owens that is the subject of the tweets and the story. This whole page has been about it.

If she felt the same way as Ryan's Dad, she wouldn't have attended.

If nothing else, those quotes from service members show that "the troops" are not some monolithic body who all agree with Trump. That's the picture Trump's trying to paint there, and it's definitely not the whole story. Some love him, some hate him.

I agree...I have some military friends that are on both sides when it comes to Trump. They were that way with Obama also.

Things Trump supporters are not outraged about:

Trump's personal attacks against John McCain, POW and decorated war hero.

Trump's personal attacks against the parents of a fallen soldier who died so Trump could live "his pathetic life."

Trump ignoring intelligence briefings to tweet.

Trump blaming everyone involved in the operation he OK'd for Ryan's death, including his team, and not accepting any responsibility himself.

Things Trump supporters are outraged about:

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz didn't stand properly during an ovation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd add:

Dodging the draft.

Claiming that avoiding stds was his "personal Vietnam".

Accepting a purple heart because receiving it that way was "much easier".

Equating attending a military-themed boarding school to serving in the military.

Self-aggrandizing in front of the CIA's Memorial Wall.

Claiming to know more about ISIS than our generals.

• Fire 5

What would you think if the widow and the dad had opposite opinions, Stumpy?

What if the dad had been at the speech and the widow stayed away? Would you see this differently, or would we only be focusing on the dad at that point?

I would have viewed it the same.

It does bring a question to mind though. How does Ryan's Dad feel about her attending the speech and being a subject of that speech? Does it cause a ripple in their relationship?

I think it was important for her to be at the speech. Too many times, the widows/widowers of these hero's are forgotten. She showed the world the face of what so many have dealt with since the invasion of Iraq.

It was painful to witness. But beautiful at the same time. I didn't even hear the words Trump said at that point. I cared about how that woman was dealing with her loss.

• Fire 3

I think it was important for her to be at the speech. Too many times, the widows/widowers of these hero's are forgotten. She showed the world the face of what so many have dealt with since the invasion of Iraq.

It was painful to witness. But beautiful at the same time. I didn't even hear the words Trump said at that point. I cared about how that woman was dealing with her loss.

I don't have a problem with her being there. I don't have a problem with Trump making a big deal about her. That's what President's do at these things.

What leaves me banging my head against the wall are hypocrites who then talk about.....OMG...he is so Presidential...bla bla bla....all while this is the same person who ridiculed a couple who had lost THEIR son in combat. AND..the same person who has claimed a guy who got caught and spent years as a POW and refused to be released because of who his father was. THEN....people have the gall to actually try to politicize the actions of the other side by making up crap on twitter claiming they didn't stand and applaud during the moment.

No....her being there was not the story that makes me want to puke. It's the reaction to the moment that is sickening.

• Fire 4