Trump's America

zoogs

Since we are on the topic of the widow being there or not, I think regardless of party affiliation if you are invited to the White House by the President, you should go.

Very few things are once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't like Trump. But if I got that call, I would be on the first plane out.

Really???

Don't get me wrong....I would be tempted and probably would go. I would especially go if it were simply to visit the white house and meet him.

But, shouldn't someone who is invited to something like this where they are going to be put in the public eye to support ideas of a certain President/politician view that visit much differently?

Would you go to the signing of an EO to stand behind the President if you really really don't agree with that EO?

I met Trump at the WGC - Bridgestone Invitational in 2013 soon after he bought Doral. Seeing and hearing his more recent behavior, I have no desire to talk to him again.

Did she get invited to the White House, or just Capitol Hill? I would like to tour the White House.

I would never turn down the opportunity to meet the president. Even if it is a president such as our current one. Would not shake this one's hand, but instead use my 5 seconds to tell him to stop with the infantile tweeting. I'm sure it would change nothing. I'd still take pride in it.

I wouldn't consent to being made use of Trump or his people in any way. There's no way to win this engagement other than to opt out. He does not deserve an ounce of deference for his new position.

That's one legitimate response. It's not the only legitimate response. Another one is what people like Bill Gates are doing - forsaking the ickiness of catering to his ego with the hope that, from a utilitarian perspective, will do more good for more people.

Anybody want to take bets on when the next airplane hanger rally takes place and where? Easy D has to have a plan to distract and a chance to blow the dog whistles.

I'm going to say before 3/18, and in the rustbelt somewhere - Indiana maybe (not actually sure if that's the rust belt - probably not).

Anybody want to take bets on when the next airplane hanger rally takes place and where? Easy D has to have a plan to distract and a chance to blow the dog whistles.

I'm going to say before 3/18, and in the rustbelt somewhere - Indiana maybe (not actually sure if that's the rust belt - probably not).

I like the time frame, but I say somewhere in the south.

Here it is people: the truest measure of "Trump's America"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/leashes-come-off-wall-street-gun-sellers-polluters-and-more/ar-AAnORip?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

The emerging effort — dozens of additional rules could be eliminated in the coming weeks — represents one of the most significant shifts in regulatory policy in recent decades. It is the leading edge of what Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s chief strategist, described late last month as “the deconstruction of the administrative state.”

In many cases, records show that the changes came after appeals by corporate lobbyists and trade association executives, who see a potentially historic opportunity to lower compliance costs and drive up profits.

There is a LOT to take in here.

Trump and Republicans will:

* poison the environment,

* make it easier for big banks to rip off consumers,

* let pharmaceutical companies market drugs for unapproved uses,

* telecoms no longer be obligated to protect your privacy,

* let car manufacturers lower mileage ratings on cars,

and there are countless other rules and regulations that are in the process of being eliminated.

The end result of all this will be unchecked corporate greed, collusion, they'll poison the environment, screw the consumers over at every turn, and there won't be any legal recourse.

Call me cynical, but I don't trust the CEO of a mining company to be environmentally responsible if there aren't rules in place requiring it.

I started saying 10+ years ago that the U.S., at least as people know it, wouldn't last a lot longer as it is because corporations would take over more and more control. If corporations control the message and can buy policy, we're not really a democracy anymore. We can think we have free will because we vote, but there have been numerous studies done on psychology and advertising that show how effective it is. On top of that, the people we vote for don't have to do what they say they will. In fact, they can do the opposite and it won't matter, as we've seen with Trump's cult.

Kudos to them for convincing half the voting population that letting billion $ corporations do whatever they want is good for the country, or at the very least pulling the wool over their eyes.

I started saying 10+ years ago that the U.S., at least as people know it, wouldn't last a lot longer as it is because corporations would take over more and more control. If corporations control the message and can buy policy, we're not really a democracy anymore. We can think we have free will because we vote, but there have been numerous studies done on psychology and advertising that show how effective it is. On top of that, the people we vote for don't have to do what they say they will. In fact, they can do the opposite and it won't matter, as we've seen with Trump's cult.

Kudos to them for convincing half the voting population that letting billion $ corporations do whatever they want is good for the country, or at the very least pulling the wool over their eyes.

This isn't really anything new. Corporations/wealthy citizens have been running things since our founding. They've usually had a little more common sense about hiding their motives. The press was in the pocket of the wealthy until the 20th century basically. They still are to a large extent, but the plethora of info on the internet has changed the tide a bit. You could fool people just as easily then as you can now though. Yellow jounalism is nothing new.

Lincoln owned his own german language news paper to get the german vote in Illinois...