Trump's America

zoogs

In which POTUS lashes out at his predecessor and a federal agency, brags about his Instagram followers and his "own form of media" and says he of course has some very good stuff on his wiretapping claim, which was in quotes you see, which is very important, including but not limited to something Bret Baier said and an article from the failing New York Times.

Try to follow his thought processes in this interview. It bounces around like if I gave my already hyper guinea pig a caffeine pill.

This guy is a rambling bumbling loony toon that can't focus long enough to finish a thought.

He is not only doubling down but tripling and quadrupling down on this wire tapping......eh em.....surveillance thing.

If he doesn't provide evidence now within the next two weeks, more people should start seeing him as the fraud he is.

If he doesn't provide evidence now within the next two weeks, more people should start seeing him as the fraud he is.

One would hope! Called to mind a NYT op-ed from Charles Blow: Disciples of a False Prophet.

I am not sure I share his optimism, though. Sure, in a sensible world, people will say, "Darn, I guess I fell for that" and demand accuracy and accountability. In that world, though, Trump never comes close to securing the Republican nomination much less win the election.

We've been expecting every show of stunning incompetency to be the one that breaks this house of cards. Now, finally, we think at each turn, reason will win out.

There's another far more horrifying possibility, which is that Trump support is a bulwark immune to all semblance of reason. In this model of the world, when things go bad, his supporters redouble their faith. Reason will be crushed.

I don't know which model is correct. Before the election I would have believed the former. I'm worried that we by and large continue to discount the possibility of grave danger -- because indeed, what if it's our voices and not the Trump band's that gets discredited and snuffed out?

"I read the term 'drug use' in the Washington Post. So it got me to thinking, what if President Obama used drugs? I mean, I know all the best words and all the best people, and I have all the best ideas. Tremendous, really. So based on all that, I came to the conclusion that President Obama used crystal meth. Sad, really."

• Fire 2

I am interested in something. I have heard both Trump and Spicer say repeatedly that there was a lot of reporting during the election that surveillance was going on. Every time I hear them talk about it, that point gets more and more bold.

What reporting are they talking about? I don't remember any reporting that Trump Tower was being surveilled.

This seems like a statement they floated out there and they haven't been challenged on it so they keep stating it more and more boldly.

Can someone please list the news outlets or link the articles that reported on this?

PS....I got in on todays press briefing and...wow...this issue has gotten heated between the press and Spicer. He is so full of crap and the press can see through it.